Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

'There is no bad blood or anything going on'

I could maybe understand benching Emi if we'd decided we wanted to add more pace and Hernandez was starting or if we'd decided to switch to a back three with wing-backs and didn't think he'd fit.

But to persist with Rupp is just stubbornness at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I wasn’t being serious ! Just remembering when Russell Martin was put forward a lot for PR work on behalf of the club.

Oh god yeah, the Russell Martin 'fronting up' press conference whenever we got beaten heavily. 

23 minutes ago, king canary said:

I could maybe understand benching Emi if we'd decided we wanted to add more pace and Hernandez was starting or if we'd decided to switch to a back three with wing-backs and didn't think he'd fit.

But to persist with Rupp is just stubbornness at this point.

If EMI is being difficult, lazy in training, wrong attitude, whatever,  then I' ve no probs with him being benched . Not sure Argos is the answer either, pacy, occasional  outstanding touch and trickery with little end product. Other than that he's  not really the man to pin our hopes on. Rupp has done ok, wasn't worse or better than most on sunday, Duda looked lost, I admit, after a promising  first game or two his performance level has dropped. This is the time we must not lose heart . Let's hope EMI has an epiphany,  pulls his socks up adjusts his attitude  and gets on with what we pay him to do.  More resilience from him could change the feeling around the team, Man up EMI.!!

33 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Surely playing him on Friday night though. The only player who puts chances on a plate for Pukki with those exquisite passes.

I would play him certainly - I don't know enough about Leicester to know whether there are any tactical constraints - Ben Chilwell is quite an attacking threat?

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If EMI is being difficult, lazy in training, wrong attitude, whatever,  then I' ve no probs with him being benched . Not sure Argos is the answer either, pacy, occasional  outstanding touch and trickery with little end product. Other than that he's  not really the man to pin our hopes on. Rupp has done ok, wasn't worse or better than most on sunday, Duda looked lost, I admit, after a promising  first game or two his performance level has dropped. This is the time we must not lose heart . Let's hope EMI has an epiphany,  pulls his socks up adjusts his attitude  and gets on with what we pay him to do.  More resilience from him could change the feeling around the team, Man up EMI.!!

I'm not sure Hernandez would be the answer (moot point though as he's now injured). I am sure Rupp isn't, certainly in that position.

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm not sure Hernandez would be the answer (moot point though as he's now injured). I am sure Rupp isn't, certainly in that position.

Well, there you go then, EMI, for whatever reason is out of favour at the moment.  Henandez injured. Rupp  v liverpool was decent ( yeah I know, missed chance)   . No one  covered themselves in glory v wolves. Starting choices limited. Ain't easy this management business. Unless of course  anyone  knows better.......

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Well, there you go then, EMI, for whatever reason is out of favour at the moment.  Henandez injured. Rupp  v liverpool was decent ( yeah I know, missed chance)   . No one  covered themselves in glory v wolves. Starting choices limited. Ain't easy this management business. Unless of course  anyone  knows better.......

Yeah where has all this Rupp bashing come from all of a sudden? I mean, I know I wasn't exactly complimentary about Amadou but I can't really see what Rupp has done wrong. He's just a bit of a 'safe' player. I don't think he's suited to the Prem but will be a welcome addition in the Chumpionship! However... Season ain't over yet, kids!

It does baffle me somewhat with Emi. I keep reading all this stuff about whether he's defensive or not etc. Well, to my mind I think he's always done a good job of tracking back and winning the ball off opposing players, sometimes then triggering an attack from the turn over.

Conversely... He also often flings his arms up in the air, sits on his butt moaning quite a lot and shakes his head in disbelief at a ref's decision rather than tracking back as he WAS doing.

It's always going to be a constant battle with Emi. He's fighting himself most of the time which is not helpful. If he can get his mind in the right place he'll be ok. But unfortunately, for him to do that, he needs to be winning games, playing well himself etc. which isn't always going to happen. He can't accept this fact and that is the major issue.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Yeah where has all this Rupp bashing come from all of a sudden? I mean, I know I wasn't exactly complimentary about Amadou but I can't really see what Rupp has done wrong. He's just a bit of a 'safe' player. I don't think he's suited to the Prem but will be a welcome addition in the Chumpionship! However... Season ain't over yet, kids!

It does baffle me somewhat with Emi. I keep reading all this stuff about whether he's defensive or not etc. Well, to my mind I think he's always done a good job of tracking back and winning the ball off opposing players, sometimes then triggering an attack from the turn over.

Conversely... He also often flings his arms up in the air, sits on his butt moaning quite a lot and shakes his head in disbelief at a ref's decision rather than tracking back as he WAS doing.

It's always going to be a constant battle with Emi. He's fighting himself most of the time which is not helpful. If he can get his mind in the right place he'll be ok. But unfortunately, for him to do that, he needs to be winning games, playing well himself etc. which isn't always going to happen. He can't accept this fact and that is the major issue.

Yep, said it a few months back, he needs to get his head sorted, see a psychologist..... look what it did for Ian Wright. Pressure to deliver can have a strange effect on a players head, he needs to be trained out of that internal pressure .. which leads to frustration....and therefore the displays of petulance that we see too often lately.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

For me, its come from him not being very good.

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, said it a few months back, he needs to get his head sorted, see a psychologist..... look what it did for Ian Wright. Pressure to deliver can have a strange effect on a players head, he needs to be trained out of that internal pressure .. which leads to frustration....and therefore the displays of petulance that we see too often lately.  

It's a shame but let's hope the club are supporting him in whatever way possible (I'm sure they are/would). I imagine he'd flat out refuse to see a shrink in all honesty! But no idea whether that's even been suggested internally.

Also a shame that a player who is so talented, with many of us thinking he'd be sold for ridiculous amounts of money, probably now won't move for anywhere near what we think he's worth due to lack of game time etc. Unless of course, that's a clever ploy by Farke to keep him out of the shop window! 😉

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

For me, its come from him not being very good.

We all see things differently I guess.

He isn't amazing, but nobody was in that game! He and Duda were rightly hoiked off!

What do you think to the other bit, about Emi? You've been quite selective here 😉

Edited by BobLoz3

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

We all see things differently I guess.

He isn't amazing, but nobody was in that game! He and Duda were rightly hoiked off!

What do you think to the other bit, about Emi? You've been quite selective here 😉

I think Emi has some frustrating qualities but the good far outweighs the bad.

If we'd found a way to get results without Emi then I could see the argument but we haven't. For me it is Farke's job to find a way to get the best out of his most talented players. 

I posted Rupp's stats on another thread by the way- worth a quick read.

• Like 2

I don’t know why anyone’s surprised about Emi’s alleged temperament or attitude issues, you only have to look back at his time in Spain to see that it caused him some disciplinary issues. I love the kid, Emi’s a wonderful player and I want to see him starting on Friday night, but what he’s going through now will only help him in future - Daniel Farke is clearly a very decent chap, anyone who’s doubting or blaming him I would say is a very poor judge of character indeed, and I’m sure as much ‘as the team comes first’, he will ultimately have only Emi’s best interests at heart as well. It’s called tough love, Alex Ferguson was brilliant at it, and you’ll note that all those youngsters he had to ‘iron out’ if they were getting too big for the boots or whatever, thanked him and looked up to him with a huge amount of respect at the end of their respective (largely brilliant) careers. 

3 hours ago, king canary said:

Oh god yeah, the Russell Martin 'fronting up' press conference whenever we got beaten heavily. 

At least he cared though. Along with Cameron Jerome, those Brighton and Sheff Wed interviews after heavy drubbings touch a raw nerve with me. 

"Changing the culture" being a polite way of saying "too many players who didn't give a @$!K"

13 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

And your problem with that is what exactly?

Gotta hate this horrific club, I mean company.

There’s far more promising opportunities for angry, hungry fans at other nearby companies, specifically in the IP and CB postcode districts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

If we'd found a way to get results without Emi then I could see the argument but we haven't

If we'd found a way to get results WITH Emi then I could see the argument  but we  haven't. 

Yep I know he was involved in our better games but that was then,  this is now and he's  obv pi$$ed someone off , bigtime. I would never advocate letting a player get away with any indiscipline even if he's sometimes  very good. 

Maybe throw money at him, which apparently works . 

Funny thing is Getafe are doing  ok without him. We gave him a big chance and now hes stropping like a baby.

They are 5th in la liga and have just beaten Ajax 2 nil in europa league 1st leg Tie, having been in the 2nd tier of spanish football when we bought EMI from them.

Edited by wcorkcanary

Thing is Corky, many people, me included, loved Grant Holt because he was a bit different and cocky. And he risked bookings and sendings off. But he was the Talisman, the catalyst that inspired that team. I loved Fleck, Bone, Bryceland type of players. 

Now Emi, Argentinian remember, is castigated, by some supporters, as getting stroppy. DF says his indiscipline is more tactical. I assume, in other words, he doesn't always follow the script. And if he has told DF to get lost while in the dressing room, then I am happy that he has some spirit. I am not a fan of Steady Eddies. They have their place but don't excite me.

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Thing is Corky, many people, me included, loved Grant Holt because he was a bit different and cocky. And he risked bookings and sendings off. But he was the Talisman, the catalyst that inspired that team. I loved Fleck, Bone, Bryceland type of players. 

Now Emi, Argentinian remember, is castigated, by some supporters, as getting stroppy. DF says his indiscipline is more tactical. I assume, in other words, he doesn't always follow the script. And if he has told DF to get lost while in the dressing room, then I am happy that he has some spirit. I am not a fan of Steady Eddies. They have their place but don't excite me.

Let's not compare apples and oranges. On the pitch GH was 100% a team player, whatever the reason for Emis  stops, while he's  sat on his ar$e, whinging , he is of no use at all to the team. I am not anti emi, I am pro togetherness and collective effort. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

I am not anti emi

Emis  stops, while he's  sat on his ar$e, whinging

19 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

We gave him a big chance and now hes stropping like a baby.

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Let's hope EMI has an epiphany,  pulls his socks up adjusts his attitude  and gets on with what we pay him to do

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Man up EMI.!!

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Pointing out a players deficiencies  does not make me anti that player, I thought youd be smart enough to grasp that. Hmmm.

You also chose to edit out that I am pro togetherness and collective team effort, not anti EMI. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Let's not compare apples and oranges. On the pitch GH was 100% a team player, whatever the reason for Emis  stops, while he's  sat on his ar$e, whinging , he is of no use at all to the team. I am not anti emi, I am pro togetherness and collective effort. 

Spot on, Corky, couldn’t agree more 👍🏼 (Out of likes about 6 days ago, if Jobsworth hadn’t kept liking his own comments via one of his other accounts then I’m sure Pete would have upped the limit)

• Thanks 1

Pointing out a players deficiencies  does not make me anti that player, I thought youd be smart enough to grasp that. Hmmm.

It is more you seem to be making some pretty big leaps there.

Does Emi sometimes show poor body language? Sure. Does this mean he's 'stropping like a baby' or needing to 'pull his socks up?' Not for me. He's passionate, he gets frustrated but you can never accuse him of not being committed.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

He's passionate, he gets frustrated but you can never accuse him of not being committed.

Not committed enough to put his frustrations to one side and get on with rather well paid job. Sorry you dont agree, doesnt make me wrong,  or you right.

I don't really understand why, given the general consensus is that the issue with Emi at this level is that he occasionally loses the ball in dangerous areas and doesn't track back, we have not tried Emi in the position that Duda is currently playing where to my mind there is less of an issue if he loses the ball (not saying there is no issue at all). He's never really had the pace of a winger/wide player and has always drifted inside and done most of his best work playing through balls in the channels. Either that or play him as the most advanced of a midfield 3 in a wing back system. 

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not committed enough to put his frustrations to one side and get on with rather well paid job. Sorry you dont agree, doesnt make me wrong,  or you right.

To me he's undoubtedly committed and a team player. He's the one actually trying to make things happen for his team. His commitment and passion tends to spill over into frustration. 

I may agree with you if he was hiding from the ball, or refusing to pass but for me his main issue in these substitute appearances is trying to hard to make things happen.

16 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don't really understand why, given the general consensus is that the issue with Emi at this level is that he occasionally loses the ball in dangerous areas and doesn't track back, we have not tried Emi in the position that Duda is currently playing where to my mind there is less of an issue if he loses the ball (not saying there is no issue at all). He's never really had the pace of a winger/wide player and has always drifted inside and done most of his best work playing through balls in the channels. Either that or play him as the most advanced of a midfield 3 in a wing back system. 

I’d like to see Emi in the out and out number 10 role. He couldn’t be any more tailor made for that position. He’s a Coutinho, not a Traore.

As, I was told on here, that's its bad to judge Webber / Farke / the owners over one season, I'll not be doing that with one of our best and most creative players. Being seen as "difficult" makes it easier to "sell" the sale (Howson etc). Hope he plays Friday.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

4 hours ago, Badger said:

I would play him certainly - I don't know enough about Leicester to know whether there are any tactical constraints - Ben Chilwell is quite an attacking threat?

I believe so but he has got a fair bit of flack this season from the Leicester fans. Maddison and Vardy are out of form of late too. Norwich have got to go for them from the off and surely play a very attacking team at home .