Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

'There is no bad blood or anything going on'

I seem to remember Farke saying there was not a problem with Oliveria after his tantrum on the opening day of the season at Fulham.

4 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Translation:

“There is bad blood and something going on, which is why I’m saying this in the first place”

That's what I thought. Getting their retaliation in first?

Tettey (or anyone else’s) isn’t going to say anything else! As Tilly says a similar statement was made regarding Oliveira! 

The real message is when Tettey talks about it being about the  the team and not himself. To adress this directly to Emi could be seen as disrespectful, but the way I read it, the message is,clear.  " im not as talented as Emi, but ive had a long and decent career by making the most of what I have ,working hard and putting the team before myself"

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I seem to remember Farke saying there was not a problem with Oliveria after his tantrum on the opening day of the season at Fulham.

Weird how we remember things differently.

I remember Farke being quite clear in his response that it's about the name on the front of the shirt that's important and not that on the back. That the players and himself were lucky to be part of the club and should work every day for it. I took that as a stern warning for NO going forward.

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

That's what I thought. Getting their retaliation in first?

As for Tettey's interview today I don't doubt he was asked the question first so I doubt he just randomly came out with it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

That says it all, Eddie, and he’s absolutely 100% spot on. 

That was the day when I first believed in Farke and his words made me love our club even more.

• Like 1

To be fair, what DF said is to be expected. Every manager says the support is the best and the club is the most important etc.

End of the day he is in charge. End of the day we all have the right to think what is the best for this club and what the best selection is. No doubt most of us are wrong because we aren't at the pit face. And I am happy to trust DF to get it right nex tseason with a bit if support from the Board.

However, I am one who thinks we are better with Emi than without. He had the same temperament last season. We haven't scored since he has been on the bench.

I don't quite get it when coaches say they picked a certain player because he looked good in training. Surely it is their performances and what they are capable of on the pitch against quality opposition what really matters !!! At the moment Emi is playing like the rest of the squad. Nothing much right is going for us and they are all devoid of any confidence. Surely he must also be frustrated to be benched  behind Rupp and Duda who to date have made no impression at all - certainly so far as attacking play is concerned.

I'd play Emi every game if I picked the team. I've said before Emi and the Mayor would probably be the first names on my team sheet. 

But what is being said about Farke and Emi is clearly not the same, or anything like the same, as was said about Farke and Oliveira. Farke is a good coach, an honest man and a credit to our club. I hope we don't end up seeing him posted on social media dressed as a clown.

"Not everyone is at the training ground day in and day out, so you guys don't know everything that is going on."

"The manager is the boss, he sees things and he understands the way he wants to handle it. I personally talk to Emi whenever he has done something wrong or doesn't do anything, I go to him and tell him because I'm not afraid to tell him. As the good lad that he is, he takes it in the right direction and works hard.

There is no bad blood or anything going on, it's just the manager sees what he sees in training, body language and attitude-wise and then he picks the team that he thinks will do well."

I am not exactly reassured by this...  😬

I like Tettey and as a senior member of the squad he can offer guidance to the younger players. But why does Tettey personally feel the need to tell Emi when he's done wrong or not doing anything? Aren't Farke and Buendia communicating? Why is he trying to calm us anyway? Is there a problem we shouldn't worry about?

Edited by Upo

4 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Translation:

“There is bad blood and something going on, which is why I’m saying this in the first place”

Yep, feels a bit like that.

Dont see a problem at all. Journo asks a question, gets a standard answer.

If a player isn't doing enough Farke has never hidden it. Some people criticised him for leaving players out to dry in Oliveira and Murphy. 

I mean, Til is stating the complete opposite but the evidence is hugely to the contrary.

There will always be little tensions going on behind the scenes, players not picked, players who think they are better than they are, players for who praise has gone to their heads or whatever.  When these tensions occur, they have to be dealt with and Farke makes it plain he will stand no nonsense. Now that is fine as long as there are not too many tensions with too many players that the togetherness of the squad is affected which would then undermine the head coach and affect performances on the pitch.

Several of our youngsters must already be thinking about next season and the promise of big clubs coming in for them, but Farke is right - you play in the here and now for the club you belong to and if you step out of the group and show egotism, you will be dropped. With the club backing Farke totally, he has the authority to deal with things as he sees fit and good luck to him. If a player is not quite showing the right attitude or sharpness, then we should support him in how he deals with that.

Players have to show they have the right attitude in training, take their chance when they do get on the pitch and let their football do the talking.  If any of them are ahead of themselves, they need to be brought back down to earth and stay in the present - or they will be dropped - and Farke has been consistent on this from day one.  Good on him, that is how it should be.

If Emi doesn’t start on Friday, I think we have our answer as to whether there is really a problem or not.

4 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

As much as I love the guy, Tettey is a “company guy” through and through.

And your problem with that is what exactly?

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we begin with the same starting lineup on Friday. In which case we’ve all got a problem.

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Is Tettey the new Russell Martin ?

Tetty is a senior pro, as are Hanley, Klose and Krull. You don’t want them to coach the younger players then? Not as a manger does but as a fellow professional - unbelievable if you say no.

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

Tetty is a senior pro, as are Hanley, Klose and Krull. You don’t want them to coach the younger players then? Not as a manger does but as a fellow professional - unbelievable if you say no.

I wasn’t being serious ! Just remembering when Russell Martin was put forward a lot for PR work on behalf of the club.

7 hours ago, Grando said:

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we begin with the same starting lineup on Friday. In which case we’ve all got a problem.

If the same lineup is announced, I’ll be straight into sky bet plinking £20 on leicester to win to nil 

Like most on the thread, I'd always start Emi who is a great talent.

However, we have been saying all season that we let in too many goals - my guess is that this is Farke's attempt to "tighten up" and suggests that he sees Emi as something of a weak link defensively. It nearly worked vs Liverpool but clearly failed vs Wolves. 

It is also likely that he is trying to suggest something to Emi about what is expected.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Like most on the thread, I'd always start Emi who is a great talent.

However, we have been saying all season that we let in too many goals - my guess is that this is Farke's attempt to "tighten up" and suggests that he sees Emi as something of a weak link defensively. It nearly worked vs Liverpool but clearly failed vs Wolves. 

It is also likely that he is trying to suggest something to Emi about what is expected.

Surely playing him on Friday night though. The only player who puts chances on a plate for Pukki with those exquisite passes.

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

If the same lineup is announced, I’ll be straight into sky bet plinking £20 on leicester to win to nil 

Add another zero on your bet.