Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Time to stop moping about and just enjoy the ride

21 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

We could also so easily be Sheff Utd just outside the top 6.

True mate

22 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

We could also so easily be Sheff Utd just outside the top 6.

No we couldnā€™t. I donā€™t know if you can recall last year but we got 1 point from them and they physically bossedĀ us around in the home game.Ā 

So they had a better platform than we didĀ to compete against maybe 2/3 of the PL teams. They have done very well and hats off to them their board and Wilder. On the other hand no surprise toĀ Villa struggle because they are not particularlyĀ good at anything andĀ especially defending. We all know where our faults lie, itā€™s mainly a lack of physicalityĀ for this level. Last year we overcame that and had an edge in stamina and mental strength, no so this year.Ā 
Ā 
As for investment Sheff Utd did buy well, Villa didnā€™t and we obviously didnā€™t but I think the seasons were set fairly early on because of playing stylesĀ and our defensive injury crisis.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Surfer

22 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

No, Iā€™m asking for some frank and honest assessment of why we are unable to win a football game at the moment. And some kind of willingness to change it up. We either change it up and come out swinging or weā€™re going down with a pathetic whimper, is that the Norwich way?

There's one thing you can do to 'change things up' as it stands: get rid of the manager. In doing so you scrap any identity that has been built to get us to this standard on next to no investment for a vain hope that someone else can miraculously turn what is already a cohesive unit as evidenced by last year, into something that can miraculously grab 16th place this season.Ā 

It would be a moronic move.Ā 

Ā 

9 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

MorningĀ  All.And how exactlyĀ  do we achieve that. Oh guru of football. Please reread yourĀ  post, then explain to us more mortals...and DF, where exactlyĀ  hes going wrong and more importantly how he can ' easily'Ā  Ā make this happen. No pathetic ar$e covering by claiming that you are on a wind up. Back up your statement or look like a ridiculousĀ  troll.

My opinion makes me a troll....... yeah whatever. If we had spent wisely like Sheff Utd did last summer to supplement the squad i think we could be there or there abouts with regard to league position.

8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Does that mean the other 12 teams below Sheffield Utd didnā€™t spend wisely either ?

I didn't realise 12 teams came up with us last year.

All below Sheffield U though, in fact, as more established teams theyĀ spent their money even less wisely didnā€™t they?

Edited by FenwayFrank

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

All below Sheffield U though, in fact, as more established teams theyĀ spent their money even less wisely didnā€™t they?

In the context of a newly promoted Club Sheff Utd did the right thing in my opinion and that was to spend money wisely in areas that they considered needed strenghtening.

Enjoy being bottom and getting regularly beaten? No thanks. Thereā€™s been a few moments of enjoyment this season but they are few and far betweenĀ 

38 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ah, that must be why Ravel Morison and Callum Robinson have been loaned out then..

I will trump your selective statement with McBurnie and Berge for starters unless of course you think they with several others signed over the summer and in January have not upgraded their squad ?

As had been said many times before hindsight is a wonderful thing. What I've seen this season is that our midfield is lightweight and not physical or athletic enough. If we had identified this and improved it in the summer we would of have to replaced over half our players. Sheff Utd already had much of what they needed in terms of steel.

I had a moped, first bike, me mates had FS1-E's, I had a Garelli, used to kick **** out of them:classic_biggrin:. Great ride!

Edited by Van wink

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I had a moped, first bike, me mates had FS1-E's, I had a Garelli, used to kick **** out of them:classic_biggrin:. Great ride!

Garelli Tiger?Ā  Brilliant bike, like you say , pi$$esĀ  on theĀ  fizzysĀ  andĀ  ap50s. What was the other GarelliĀ  mooed called, escapes me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Garelli Tiger?Ā  Brilliant bike, like you say , pi$$esĀ  on theĀ  fizzysĀ  andĀ  ap50s. What was the other GarelliĀ  mooed called, escapes me.

I had a Tiger, black and yellow, the sports versionšŸ˜‚

Used to thrash the **** off it till it blew up, engine rebuild, and start again.Ā 
Canā€™t recall if they did another model. There was another similar makeĀ Ā that used to be red, nowhere near as quick though.

Edited by Van wink

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

My mate had one, I thinkĀ it was redĀ 

FA0E55E8-F546-402D-B370-002BF2C357B5.jpeg

**** the bike, I want to know how this person gets their lawn looking like that. Mine is a total mess.

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

My mate had one, I thinkĀ it was redĀ 

FA0E55E8-F546-402D-B370-002BF2C357B5.jpeg

That is a thing of beauty, thanks for the pic, brings back memories.

• Like 1