Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Time to stop moping about and just enjoy the ride

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

We could be Ipswich in league 1 out of the top 6 😂😂

We could also so easily be Sheff Utd just outside the top 6.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Mid table and boring or straight back down again, tricky one.

Go and ask their fans how fun it is to just ”exist” In a billionaires league that doesn’t want them 

24 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Go and ask their fans how fun it is to just ”exist” In a billionaires league that doesn’t want them 

And then ask if they would like to swap places with us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

And then ask if they would like to swap places with us.

That’s it isn’t it? Ask any true Norwich fan right now if they want to get relegated playing nice football, or we win the rest of our games ugly by the odd goal and stay up and what do you think they’ll pick?

Some of our fans seem to have this strange superiority complex that is frankly unwarranted given our league position. 

5 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

That’s it isn’t it? Ask any true Norwich fan right now if they want to get relegated playing nice football, or we win the rest of our games ugly by the odd goal and stay up and what do you think they’ll pick?

Some of our fans seem to have this strange superiority complex that is frankly unwarranted given our league position. 

See you dont realise you are saying it

But you are asking for Sam Allardyce to parachute in and “save us”

Just now, The Real Buh said:

No, I’m asking for some frank and honest assessment of why we are unable to win a football game at the moment. And some kind of willingness to change it up. We either change it up and come out swinging or we’re going down with a pathetic whimper, is that the Norwich way?

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You just confirmed what he said. We have some superiority complex. Sam Allardyce, plays to his teams strength’s get this bojjocks out of you deluded head that we play this wonderful brand of football. 

I will spell it out. We can’t F@#king defend. We can’t F@#king score goals. 

What the F@#k is there to be so happy about!

Edited by Hardhouse44
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

No, I’m asking for some frank and honest assessment of why we are unable to win a football game at the moment. And some kind of willingness to change it up. We either change it up and come out swinging or we’re going down with a pathetic whimper, is that the Norwich way?

Sam would “change it up”

he’d get the lads playing a... certain type of game.

Big Sam would come in and get us up to that lovely mid table position where we could be proud.

we’d be proud, right?

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Pretty much the Norwich way, remember 1995 one win in the last 20 games?

The only way you could enjoy the ride at Wolverhampton was to go there in the expectation of losing 4-0 or worse.

At the start of the season it was being stated that it was a positive that most of the squad hadn't experienced relegation.  Unless the squad changes significantly that won't be the case now.

It is such a shame that the momentum from winning the Championship was drained out of the team with the significant injury problems in the early part of the season.  Sheff Utd have shown how that momentum can help you out-perform expectations as long as it is retained.  Once lost it can't be recovered in this league.

1 minute ago, wooster said:

The only way you could enjoy the ride at Wolverhampton was to go there in the expectation of losing 4-0 or worse.

At the start of the season it was being stated that it was a positive that most of the squad hadn't experienced relegation.  Unless the squad changes significantly that won't be the case now.

It is such a shame that the momentum from winning the Championship was drained out of the team with the significant injury problems in the early part of the season.  Sheff Utd have shown how that momentum can help you out-perform expectations as long as it is retained.  Once lost it can't be recovered in this league.

Momentum absolutely can be recovered. Remember under Worthington when we seemed dead and buired with 1 win in 13 games? We then took 13 points from a possible 18 and put ourselves in pole position to survive before absolutely ****ting the bed at Fulham.

15 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Morning  All.And how exactly  do we achieve that. Oh guru of football. Please reread your  post, then explain to us more mortals...and DF, where exactly  hes going wrong and more importantly how he can ' easily'   make this happen. No pathetic ar$e covering by claiming that you are on a wind up. Back up your statement or look like a ridiculous  troll.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wooster said:

I hope you are right and I am being unduly pessimistic.  That 6-0 still hurts though.

I'm not say we will- to be honest I thought that team showed a bit more fight than this one- even in the crap run we grabbed a 1-1 draw with Pompey despite having 10 men for most of it and the 4-4 comeback v Boro. I can't picture this team doing the same. 

C'mon , be honest , R u enjoying a ride where you just can't buy a win despite playing decently at times? 4 wins in 27 , goal difference of -27 ? Not a single back to back victory...

I'm very sorry to be down in the dumps about that... yet I feel there are a lot of Canary fans around me that are just as disappointed.

Or do you expect fans to be jumping for joy about it? 

I'm going to the Sheffield United game and I will be supporting my team . But I will be disappointed and silenced for a while if we let in a tenth minute goal because we yet again lacked some power in midfield and it is blatant to see that our defense is not good enough for the PL...

I feel that's human and normal for a fan that wants his club to stay in the league...isn't it?

Rob

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Momentum absolutely can be recovered. Remember under Worthington when we seemed dead and buired with 1 win in 13 games? We then took 13 points from a possible 18 and put ourselves in pole position to survive before absolutely ****ting the bed at Fulham.

This.

it happens to teams every season, whether it's Leicester in 14/15, Southampton this season or Hull in the championship last season. (to name some completely random examples)

Right now we look terrible, but so do so many of these teams - until suddenly they don't. We need that change in form/belief pretty soon though.

To be clear i'm still 97% sure we will go down, but who knows?

Doesn't really matter if we go down. It will upset a great many who want the EPL at all costs. The lack of summer signings has meant we have gone with what we had and in all fairness they have largely looked physically and tactically out of their depth.

But I still like to critique each game at a time and Sunday was really awful. You can;t make it any better. So have a moan then, move on and look forward to Friday and hopefully a better team and a better performance topped off with some goals and a win.

• Like 3

Absolutely, 6-0 is a scoreline I don’t anticipate see this season (in either direction..). I’m not happy at having been to most of our worst away defeats and thankfully missed Villa at home. No complete drubbings though

18 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Except that isn't true - we couldn't easily be Sheff Utd at all. They spent £42m before the season started and committed another £20m in January. Because they have the money, they have better players than we do.

How difficult is it for people to understand? 

I wish I could be a "true fan". 

I guess it's too late and now I will die wondering what might have been...

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

Nope . Not enjoying it . Hate losing . Hated watching the Wolves game . Keep coming on here for crumbs of comfort to no avail. 

Not interested in the who’s a proper fan cobblers. I’ll be there on Friday cheering the lads on . 

Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser . End of. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s a disaster of a season and anyone who’s enjoying it and pending relegation deserves some kind of award.

Does revelling in it count as enjoying? Some are definitely revelling in it as it gives an opportunity to sounds like they have solutions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Does revelling in it count as enjoying? Some are definitely revelling in it as it gives an opportunity to sounds like they have solutions.

Honestly don’t believe any fan is revelling in it and would love to be proved wrong. It’s just déjà vu time again and very frustrating.