Sign in to follow this  
BaltimoreBird

3 points against Leicester?

LDC would, of course, agree with you wholeheartedly that it’s still entirely possible that we could win 6 out of the remaining 11 matches, although even if we did it may well still not be enough (7 wins and a draw needed for the mythical 40 point barrier).  

But the reality is we’re a dead team walking. Results have been consistently abysmal, performances one-dimensional, team confidence now shot to pieces, and a board that seemed to have accepted relegation before the first ball of the season was kicked. Clearly spending money on the squad is no guarantee of success in the Prem, and we all know of the examples where some clubs have come seriously unstuck because of this, but equally not spending is an absolute guarantee of failure. Like it or not, establishing a club in the Prem requires money, and a lot of it. It’s  hardly surprising that we are where we are. 

• Like 2

Agree with all of the above. when you remember that this squad was largely put together - for peanuts- when we were talking about surviving the championship with minimal spend - you realise just how unfair it was to expect them to compete. Zimmerman- I argue our best CB- plucked from obscurity. Stieperman cost league one money etc etc 

Yes, its quite remarkable that we have done so well really. Always look forward to seeing City play, the ups , the downs. OTBC!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The season is over but here’s hoping for a win.

It's the hope that kills you! 

All City fans are hoping for a win. It goes without saying . 

I will be there , and the delightful Mrs Beard will be too. We will both be noisily supporting the team . I have been a fan since 1972. I’m not changing now 

If you hope for a win , but don’t expect a win , that certainly does not make you any less of a supporter. 

I don’t expect to beat Leicester on our current form . If we do it will make the evening even better . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the optimism, but where are these wins going to come from? We can't defend well and attack well in the same game sadly, we were looking quite solid with a settled back four for a few weeks but now we are back to slotting rusty players in around injuries... And as the tweets show, absolutely no teeth in attack. Struggling to find the positivity now... 

(Please NCFC prove me wrong!)

Edited by Norwich R Us

Beat Leicester? No chance. We won’t beat Sheffield United (A), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (A) and Manchester City (A). That means winning the other 7 remaining games. Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Of course we can ffffing well win. Win one match and the next match then looks winnable too. They are all winnable.

And the evidence for that is?

Until yesterday I was with you in thinking that but not anymore.

We were spineless & gutless yesterday.

The players have given up and are either on the beach or planning their move away.

Farke does nothing nowadays except to blame the players after the game.

I honestly don't think we will win another game the rest of the season.

I don't see any desire or determination to do anything other than go through the motions.

For games that we need to win we are setting up not to lose.

For games that we are already losing we are doing nothing to try & change things for the better.

We just plod on regardless, game after game, same set up, same formation, same tactics and the same limitations in the belief that, despite all the evidence to the contrary, somehow we are going to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Edited by Making Plans

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Of course we can ffffing well win. Win one match and the next match then looks winnable too. They are all winnable.

And the evidence for that is?

Until yesterday I was with you in thinking that but not anymore.

We were spineless & gutless yesterday.

The players have given up and are either on the beach or planning their move away.

Farke does nothing nowadays except to blame the players after the game.

I honestly don't think we will win another game the rest of the season.

I don't see any desire or determination to do anything other than go through the motions.

For games that we need to win we are setting up not to lose.

For games that we are already losing we are doing nothing to try & change things for the better.

We just plod on regardless, game after game, same set up, same formation, same tactics and the same limitations in the belief that, despite all the evidence to the contrary, somehow we are going to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

So much in that post that is unsympathetic.  The toll of losing every week in spite of so nearly being so close in nearly every match is draining.  Look how good we were at the start of the match - the spirit was definitely there then, but mentally we are losing the belief once we go behind and that is mainly because of the cumulative effect of everything that has happened this season. But all it really needs is a performance like against Spurs where we should have been out of sight by half time if not for VAR, or a gutsy and winning performance as against Bn'mth - or even the Liverpool match where we did so well for so long.  It's in there, you just have to keep trusting - and if we do manage a win on Friday, it will give the whole squad and us fans renewed belief.

• Like 1

Had we won a couple of games in dec then I feel it would have restored confidence but even if we win. V Leicester it’s just too late win the next three and we stand a chance but really can’t see that happening , still not got a settled team playing as a team injuries not helped matters 

Edited by Yellowhammer
Spelling

I admire the optimism of the LDC's in this world , but I join those that say we still haven't got a settled 11 and our midfield is not up to the PL , neither is our defense ... 
I just can't see our team beating Leicester, because of the goals we keep giving away. We look so fragile each weekend it's frightening. 
I agree that a win would restore some belief , but it 's mighty hard to see where the win is going to come from...

After yesterday's performance I feel an apology by the players would not be out of place tbh

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

There is optimism and there’s bl@@dy stupidity. You are not the former.

Take each game as it comes, and enjoy the games themselves. They're normally a good watch with us this season, even if they're equally incredibly frustrating.

I've enjoyed going to Carrow Road this season despite our league position and a win against Leicester would be a great result, even if in the bigger picture it means little.

• Like 1

I hope we have Zimbo back to partner Grant. Anyone can see we’ve had far more cohesion at the back when the pair of them have played together. The emergence of Byram has been a surprise, and I fear we’ll miss him greatly. Lewis is the future, but Byram is the current.

Teemu desperately needs to find his shooting boots again. I think it was Kingo that said he’s showing hesitancy when given a chance that a few months ago he’d have precisely fired past the keeper effortlessly. Now he’s taking an extra touch and aiming straight at the keeper. We all love him and want to see him back to his best, let’s hope that starts again backed by our fantastic supporters on Friday night.

Leicester are weird. They are capable of playing some top drawer stuff, and at times raised their game at last against Man City. But it’s not a given they will be on fire at Carrow Rd this week.They have been off the boil by their standards. Don’t think either Vardy or Maddison have scored in any of their last 10 and 8 Premier League appearances respectively. Let’s hope they keep that form up on Friday night, then who knows? OTBC

4 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Beat Leicester? No chance. We won’t beat Sheffield United (A), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (A) and Manchester City (A). That means winning the other 7 remaining games. Good luck with that.

Yes winning those seven remaining games does look a really big ask as there’s only six 😀

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Teemu desperately needs to find his shooting boots again. I think it was Kingo that said he’s showing hesitancy when given a chance that a few months ago he’d have precisely fired past the keeper effortlessly. Now he’s taking an extra touch and aiming straight at the keeper. We all love him and want to see him back to his best, let’s hope that starts again backed by our fantastic supporters on Friday night.

Agreed, but his confidence is shot , just like that of other players... You can see that the team just doesn't believe they're going to win anymore...

6 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

Agreed, but his confidence is shot , just like that of other players... You can see that the team just doesn't believe they're going to win anymore...

Pretty much spot on, but the first 15 minutes against Wolves we were far the better side, we just appear to not be able to have the spirit to bounce back, everytime we’ve gone behind we’ve lost.

1 minute ago, ROBFLECK said:

That’s where the supporters will need to come in on Friday night, Flecky. The Carrow Rd faithful I’d like to think will be in usual great voice, and I hope that in turn helps to get a monkey off Teemu’s back. Restoring confidence and showing that we have not given up on the lads is crucial. Contrary to popular belief, we have played some great games this season and I see no reason why, with strong backing at the fortress, we can’t put in another to *hopefully* turn the tide. I actually think the players will be really fired up to put Wolves right regardless, but hopefully we make it difficult for Leicester ourselves too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Indy said:

Pretty much spot on, but the first 15 minutes against Wolves we were far the better side, we just appear to not be able to have the spirit to bounce back, everytime we’ve gone behind we’ve lost.

Yep, if only Pukki had slid that difficult chance in at the back stick early on, it could have made all the difference - to see Patricio save it was really galling! For the first 20 minutes I honestly thought we were going to end up hammering them. 

What really matters is that Maddison gets claps and cheers..............Not!

He doesn’t play for us any more and will be doing his best to beat us. Move On and get behind our current team. 

8 hours ago, ROBFLECK said:

I admire the optimism of the LDC's in this world , but I join those that say we still haven't got a settled 11 and our midfield is not up to the PL , neither is our defense ... 
I just can't see our team beating Leicester, because of the goals we keep giving away. We look so fragile each weekend it's frightening. 
I agree that a win would restore some belief , but it 's mighty hard to see where the win is going to come from...

After yesterday's performance I feel an apology by the players would not be out of place tbh

• Like 1

Quite enjoy Friday night games, don’t think we will see a repeat of Sunday, boys will be up for it, whether that will be enough will remain to be seen. Interesting to see if DF changes things, I expect to see Emi and Mario starting 😀

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Well, respect for Alex ... he'll be part of our Championship side next season , I'm sure , I hope Rupp isn't though!

On 24/02/2020 at 07:50, wcorkcanary said:

Yes, its quite remarkable that we have done so well really. Always look forward to seeing City play, the ups , the downs. OTBC!

We have done really well????  We’re bottom of the league the equivalent of 9 points from safety 

• Like 1