Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Duda v Rupp v Buendia

I know this has been touched on in the matchday thread, but we've now gone 4 games on the trot without scoring. Duda & Rupp were brought in to make an instant impact, and that hasn't happened.

In addition, picking them regularly seems to be having a negative impact on Buendia, who's only getting minimal game time. Whilst still being one of our most creative players he isn't showing he's maturing as a player, and if anything getting more petulant. 

Again we were 3-0 before any subs, but the distinct lack of goals for me shows I still feel Buendia should be starting and I can't understand why we're not starting him, Duda & Cantwell as the 3 x attacking and creative midfielders behind Pukki?

Thankfully all results went in our favour, but if you can't score you're never going to give yourself a schance of winning a game.

So would you prefer Buendia to get a start and play instead of Rupp or Duda, play him alongside Duda with Cantwell, or leave Rupp & Duda in ahead of Buendia, and hope things improve? IMO it's not working with Duda/Rupp starting and we've got to find the best 11 to create and score goals. 

• Like 1

Emi gets lambasted for his temperament, and honestly... sometimes they have a point. He was arguably the best player in the division last season, but it was plain to see that he could go to another level by becoming just that touch more professional. 

That said, he is a high flair player who is one of the only players at the club who can create a goal. He links well with Teemu, knows exactly what runs he will make - and ultimately gives him a few chances a game. 

Rupp and Duda do not have any form of partnership either with each other or Pukki at the moment. Not only have we not scored in ages, but we don't look like scoring. Rupp has his moments where he looks tidy, but looks completely out of his comfort zone when presented with the ball anywhere near the box. We could have played for 3 hours today and not scored. 

Long story short, if we want to score a few goals before we get relegated and try save the embarrassment of finishing with less than 30 points, we are going to have to play Emi. 

No brainer for me, Buendia is the second name on a fully fit team sheet behind Krull this season. Duda has really struggled and not sure what Rupp brings on the wide position.

• Like 1

536 minutes without a goal from open play and our best chance of creating something is sitting on the bench. It’s a no brainer, Buendia should be playing

Both seem to be absolute nothing players at the moment. 

Duda is off the pace and tbh looks like he knows he's only here a few months.

Rupp was supposed to make us more solid but he's not and he's also blunting our attacking options.

• Like 2

Duda, Rupp or Buendia, do you really need to ask? Unfortunately DF can't man manage and it's all just a pre cursor to Emi leaving in the summer. Seems we can't even enjoy him while he is here.

• Like 1

It’s always the same. Why are we persisting with the same formation week in week out?  I’d like to see Buendia, Vrancic and Drmic start on Friday night. 

It’s not going to happen and I’m not saying Steiperman and Lietner are the answer but we looked significantly better going forward earlier in the season. Pukki also looks a much better player with Steiperman at no 10. I would hazard a guess that almost off of Pukki’s goals from open play this season have come when Steiperman has been in the team inc the one that never was vs Spurs.

• Like 1

Buendia and Vrancic have to be in the team for me. Duda can **** off and Rupp can sit on the bench and earn his spot on merit eventually.

1 hour ago, Clint said:

I would hazard a guess that almost off of Pukki’s goals from open play this season have come when Steiperman has been in the team inc the one that never was vs Spurs.

6/9, or 7/10 including the Spurs 'goal'.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

So I am guessing things really improved during the 37 minutes Emi was on the pitch, and we created loads of chances and pulled it back to 3-2........asking for a friend..........

Yes, because he didn't single handedly drag us back into a game where we were 3-0 down he shouldn't be starting.

Nailed it.

Duda and rupp have both had nigh on 360 mins on the pitch and have done nothing. And that includes when we start at 0-0.

You cant castrate Buendia for not creating miracles for 30 odd mins when we're already 3-0! Of course he'll come on frustrated.

You cant compare apples n pears!

• Like 1

Also does anyone know which position Rupp was bought for. Forget versatility, every player has a prime position.

Trouble is i dont know what that is for Rupp

I cannot comment on today, but for the game against Liverpool Rupp provided very able support to Aarons. For that game we were undone by a very clever piece of play by a very good player in a very good team but that did not stop the usual suspects bleating "we would have won if Emi was playing", it is a very binary argument and my comment was a deliberately binary response.

I think it is reasonable to say that Emi has to start from here on in as we are in last chance saloon and the fat lady is clearing her throat, I love Emi as a player and I really hope that he does start and that he grabs that chance with both hands.......

The bottom line is that we have to win matches and to do that we have to score goals.

Therefore it's a complete no brainer as to who should be in the starting XI and it ain't either Ruup or Doodah.

7 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

The bottom line is that we have to win matches and to do that we have to score goals.

Therefore it's a complete no brainer as to who should be in the starting XI and it ain't either Ruup or Doodah.

Agree.....but........I would change your post to "we have to score more goals than the opposition"...........

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Agree.....but........I would change your post to "we have to score more goals than the opposition"...........

Agreed, but to score more goals than the opposition we have to start by scoring one

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

So I am guessing things really improved during the 37 minutes Emi was on the pitch, and we created loads of chances and pulled it back to 3-2........asking for a friend..........

One man doesn’t make a team, but he certainly did more than the other two in question in the period he was in the game 

I've got to agree with the posters that have said it's time to change things. What have we got to lose at this late stage of the season?

It might well not make a blind bit of difference but if you don't try, you'll never know. Be nice to see Vrancic get some game time. I'm a little worried that he might decide to leave us in the summer seeing as he's hardly played this season.

OTBC

3 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Also does anyone know which position Rupp was bought for. Forget versatility, every player has a prime position.

Trouble is i dont know what that is for Rupp

Bench warming

• Like 1

Duda started alright against Bournemouth, nothing more, then hasn't really done anything since. 

Rupp looks like a bit of a square peg in a round hole, like Stiepermann at left back. I think he can and will be a real asset in a midfield 3, but our team at the moment is dictated in a lot of ways by emphasising our saleable assets.

It's a bit **** as fans, but after the little gamble against last season's fortunes hasn't come off, the best call is to try and get as much as we can for our bright young things.