Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

If HE keeps stalling, Worthy MUST look for an alternative

Hands up, who''s fed up to the backteeth with all the Huckerby delay and speculation?. Oh, that many!.

After all Hucks said in the media , I believe NW should now ask him one simple direct question, do you really want to join the City rolla coaster ride to the promised lane?. Its that simple.

I, like others are concerned he''s now angling for the Premiership transfer window. Fair enough, but be upfront and let City know.

Worthy has other important things on his mind, if DH keeps up his stalling, lets look elsewhere, of course we all want him here, but NCFC is not about , and never was , one player. Now is, I believe, the time for that decision.

I think NW is aware of that judging by his comments on the Sky Sports web site

I am optimistic but we have go to be patient.

"The nice thing is that Darren would love to come back to Norwich City.

"If that doesn''t happen I will be looking to add quality to our squad to keep us in the promotion race.

"You can never have enough strikers."

Nuff said

I am fed up as well, either he wants to come or he dosen''t. every hour i am searching message boards , websites, teletext, radio, TV looking for vital news on DH.

Jesus it''s starting to dominate my life.................
my marriage is breaking down.................
my kids have forgotten who i am.............
haven''t been to work in days............

............................only joking.

but it is getting beyond a joke. DH make your mind up.

ronbol

Fully agree with what you say Wiz and I believe that he is stalling for the premiership transfer window (see my posting below). At the end of the day NW''s concerns are for NCFC and if we lose valuable weeks of waiting for Hux to make his mind up then I believe that could be something we look back on as a big mistake. It is not even necessarily a Huckerby that we need (although would be nice). I believe we just need somebody in the same sort of mould who could run at defenders and cause them panic. If Huckerby cannot make his mind up then I feel NW should strengthen the squad as soon as possible and maybe once Hux hears of this it may prompt him into making a quicker decision. The only reason I can see for the remarks of his agent stating it will be another 2 or 3 weeks is because of this transfer window because after all Hux has said why wait another 2 or 3 weeks. Either that or he has been leading all NCFC supporters up the garden path with his remarks. This whole thing just sounds strangely weird to me. First he is speaking to WBA then we find out they did not even go to the meeting all we ever hear is this agent spouting off and nothing from Hux. Go for it Worthy contact Hux lay it on a plate and see what he says. If he stalls then look elsewhere. Our season is too important for us to wait too long.

Fair point but would you care to name another player that runs at defences like Huckerby does? It''s a dying skill and Huckerby is one of very few. Watching Man City and in particular McManaman reminded me of how he used to do it - because he doesn''t any more. It''s not something they encourage abroad and it almost looks as if it has been bred out of him while he was at Madrid. I will never forget Euro 96 and the sight of him on numerous occassions running with the ball at terrified defenders looking one way then the other over their shoulders not knowing what on earth to do with him. Huckerby can do it, so can Giggs, Henry, Gronkjear (but he can''t do anything else!), and Ginola and of course Gazza could too, but you see who i''m naming here? Multi million pound superstars. You don''t get such players in div1. Except for Huckerby. That''s why we must get him. If we do, i seriously think we could run away with this league. If not, there''s still hope but it will be much tougher without him. Ironically, if there is another player in the division with the same ability he is already in our team. Rivers. He showed it against Portsmouth last year and it''s sad to see him not even making the bench at the moment. But it''s true that if you have a player like that on the wing he can be a luxury (Ginola) so i''m worried for Rivo''s future at the club.
But we need to keep praying to god and sants for DH! And while he may be holding out for a premiership club, if he doesn''t come to us that''s the best we can hope for. Because if he moved to ANY of the div1 clubs he has been linked to they would become a serious threat.

I reckon you lot should all chill out - the reason you''re stressed is BECAUSE you keep whizzing about message boards etc looking for news. If it happens it happens if it doesn''t it doesn''t! No need to get worked up about it. Also, this isn''t really Mr Hux''s fault - it''s not like he''s at home pacing up and down trying to reach a decision and hence keeping us all waiting. I reckon he''s dead keen on Norwich but these deals take time, especially one this complex (outstanding contract money with Man City for example). But to negate all the above, I r3ckon tomorrows the day :-p (judging by what Worthy said on Anglia)

Spot on!

As much as we want him, and we all do I believe, he''s not bigger than the whole club.

Maybe now''s the time for a gentle twisting of the knife....

We can''t be dictated to by any player (although I think Hux has a genuine affinity for us and it probably agent stalling rather than Hux himself).

If it goes into Jan - then Worthy knows what he must do. Let''s leave him to it as he''s done pretty good so far.

Everyone needs an answer - I personally feel like a Christmas Pud who has been in the pressure cooker far too long - before long, if someone doesn''t take me off the gas, i''m going to explode!

Of course, it could just be a big plan to deliver him on Christmas Eve. What a fortnight!

Absolutely right. Much as I really want to see Huckerby back at Norwich, we can''t sit around waiting for him. I can''t blame him if he''s waiting for an instant crack at the Premiership rather than getting there with us, but it''d be nice to have some clarity. One moment he''s waiting 2 or 3 weeks, next he''s buying just about every house in Norfolk (or so that marathon posting would have you believe)!

Maybe our attention could shift towards filling the right side of midfield - where I still believe we don''t have enough quality. Hendo works hard but isn''t ready. Rivers doesn''t work hard and can''t cross, which I''d say is fairly essential for a winger, but there we go.

Tack i cant believe you do not believe the house hunting story, the information available to me, as we both know is available to you too via our employers. Could not agree more with the rivers comments. NW found the right position for him at the weekend, he was with the supporters in the stand