Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

So will Farke REALLY be here next season?

Of course he will, after all he's said so many times but is that just PR bluster? This week we've had extensive interviews with both him and Webber and the usual, tired lines have been rolled out like.........'wonderful owners', 'fabulous supporters', 'this is a partnership for the long term', 'I'm under no pressure' (a horribly revealing comment if ever there was one!).       

For me it will all hinge on HOW we go down and not IF we go down. Should today's performance become the benchmark for the last three months then even the loyal Norwich fans will start to vent their frustrations. If we end up on just over 20 points and relegated by sometime in March then there is a very real risk of things unraveling and the feel good factor evaporating quickly.  Does anyone think Herr Farke will 100% stay on against that backdrop? I doubt that very much.

On the other hand if (from somewhere) we pull some performances and results together and keep in touch with those above us until the last couple of games then the scenes after the Burnley game will mirror those at the end of last season and Farke will revel in his adoring masses. In that (unlikely) scenario, then I believe Farke will be true to his word and hang around.  

Whether he SHOULD still be in charge next season is, of course, a completely different question!

Who cares, it's football. Managers change, players change, you get good ones and you get bad ones. 

If he leaves we get a new manager. Might be more successful than Lambert, might be the new Bruce Rioch and we'll finish 14th in the Champs. That's no lower than we were in our first season with Farke.

Clubs far bigger than any individual. 

• Like 1

He should be here but whether or not he will be is another matter. Relegation unfortunately poses all kind kind of questions about who in the coaching staff will be here, which players will have to be sold, who will want to leave?  Absolutely no guarantees we will be promoted, might not even make the play-offs. Beggars belief that some on here that some want us to be relegated with all the financial uncertainty that brings.

A few of the players may have reached the end of the line with us either through their own choice or Farke's. Depressing boring performance today absolutely no cutting edge or creativity whatsoever so changes are needed for promotion to happen next season.

I just hope Farke is hungry enough to do it all again or take the flack if we don't get off to a very good start season. We shall see.

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

I think he will be as well but why 'rightly so'???

On the basis that the justification for sacking him isn't there. 

If we'd given him a healthy transfer budget perhaps there would be. 

He's been asked to lead the Hatton Garden heist without a drill. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

On the basis that the justification for sacking him isn't there. 

If we'd given him a healthy transfer budget perhaps there would be. 

He's been asked to lead the Hatton Garden heist without a drill. 

Yup, and find yourself staring through the drilled hole at the food shelves in the corner shop next door to the bank.....

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He should be here but whether or not he will be is another matter. Relegation unfortunately poses all kind kind of questions about who in the coaching staff will be here, which players will have to be sold, who will want to leave?  Absolutely no guarantees we will be promoted, might not even make the play-offs. Beggars belief that some on here that some want us to be relegated with all the financial uncertainty that brings.

A few of the players may have reached the end of the line with us either through their own choice or Farke's. Depressing boring performance today absolutely no cutting edge or creativity whatsoever so changes are needed for promotion to happen next season.

I just hope Farke is hungry enough to do it all again or take the flack if we don't get off to a very good start season. We shall see.

Agree with this. 

If a few players want to go and we need a big-ish rebuild, then I wouldn’t be surprised if Farke leaves as well. Especially if we go down playing like today for the next couple of games - the fans might just start to turn enough that Farke himself thinks it is the best time to move on in the summer. 

We’ll see.

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Farke will still be here and rightly so.

What are those rights. He isn’t the only manager to take city to the premiership, he isn’t the only manager to take them down again, but as for the owners! They have been at the helm for most of these critical seasons. He won’t be the first, or last, to leave the club, either by being sacked, or walking, for the same reasons as many others have under the current ownership.And let’s not forget, Mr Webber our illustrious DoF has already indicated his intentions about moving on! Maybe that will come sooner than expected.!

Would be utter madness to sack him. Promoted on a shoestring, given no money to stay up. Relegation was always the most likely outcome. He's our best chance of bouncing right back, and hopefully on the 2nd try at the Prem we can get a bit of financial backing.

I keep reading about us "bouncing right back" but what would be the point.

If we're happy at being ranked 1 - 26 then we should be happy with 26th.

Promotion to the PL again would only leave us in the same predicament of not spending money, losing most games and getting relegated.

As with most things in life you should know your limitations and that for us under the present regime means top half of the Championship, a couple of wins over The Scum (if they're in there), a bit of a cup run, a full house every week and money in the bank.

It's simple. Getting promoted again would be another opportunity to test ourselves at the highest level of English football.

Why are those who are bleating the loudest about where we currently are so negative about our ability to bounce back?

Does this run parallel to your views on other issues too? 

4 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Promotion to the PL again would only leave us in the same predicament of not spending money, losing most games and getting relegated.

As with most things in life you should know your limitations and that for us under the present regime means top half of the Championship, a couple of wins over The Scum (if they're in there), a bit of a cup run, a full house every week and money in the bank.

I Agree BUT if the club vision is to be believed if we go up next season ,

The theory is that we will not start the next PL season with the club in debt like the start of this season 

With this seasons sky money / profit plus i imagine player sales in the summer you would think we would have quite a bit of  money  

i do not think Farke will be here Next season though 

10 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

But beginning of last season you stated ‘ if Farke is not sacked we will be relegated to league 1 ‘ yet here we are in the EPL. 
Our club will fall apart if Webber and Farke leave at the end of the season.

Strange how you have this opinion of him yet he is touted as one of the best around. Like for like Klopp could have been in charge and we would have still gone down.