Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Not much to be positive about...

......and difficult for all of us, but we still have six home games left to make a fight of it.  Probably not enough to make that miracle happen and the team looking a bit jaded now, but never say never. The fat lady is not singing yet.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

......and difficult for all of us, but we still have six home games left to make a fight of it.  Probably not enough to make that miracle happen and the team looking a bit jaded now, but never say never. The fat lady is not singing yet.

She lost her voice a few months ago.

10 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Not looking for a row buddy. But did this need a new thread. Just post it on the match thread man!

He likes to play with his dinky while people abuse him, that's the only explanation I can think of. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Ok, so I posted a thread trying to look on the bright side. Big deal. How about complaining about all the twattish threads that go overboard with the "tin pot" "delia out" "farke out" since even before the match finished.  If you want that kind of board you're welcome to it, but I'll keep trying to post positively if I can. 

We are going down but I feel positive. Good people at the club, great generation of kids coming through, great academy, financially stable, going down to a league with no VAR. we’ll be fine. We’ll rally and go again. Everyone relax

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, so I posted a thread trying to look on the bright side. Big deal. How about complaining about all the twattish threads that go overboard with the "tin pot" "delia out" "farke out" since even before the match finished.  If you want that kind of board you're welcome to it, but I'll keep trying to post positively if I can. 

Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You never give up I'll say that for you LDC but I suspect you'd still be thinking we can do it if we were seven points behind with two to play 😉

39 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

You never give up I'll say that for you LDC but I suspect you'd still be thinking we can do it if we were seven points behind with two to play 😉

Not quite, but there is always a chance with six points behind and two to play......mind you even then we would probably have to win those two 10-0 each.

32 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It does if you NEEEED attention. 

I don't neeeeeeeeeeed it, I just don't want to see a board full of negative threads.  Its not that hard to understand.

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't neeeeeeeeeeed it, I just don't want to see a board full of negative threads.  Its not that hard to understand.

Don't look then. Thats what anybody who questions the powers that be at the club are told. Come on fella you can't use that as an excuse. What grown man give a flying f@#k what threads are on a message board other than pointless repetative ones

Edited by Hardhouse44

2 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Don't look then. That what anybody who questions the powers that be at the club are told. Come on fella you can't use that as an excuse. What grown man give a flying f@#k what threads are on a message board other than pointless repetative ones

Indeed

We are what we post.

8 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Don't look then. Thats what anybody who questions the powers that be at the club are told. Come on fella you can't use that as an excuse. What grown man give a flying f@#k what threads are on a message board other than pointless repetative ones

Me for one. Its just about the only outlet I have for expressing views about the club and strange as it might seem to some, there are people want to feel positive when it is possible to do so.  Otherwise this just ends up like a tw*ts paradise where the only threads that appear after a match are binner threads and those who delight in running us down.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

. The fat lady is not singing yet.

You were probably in the bog and missed the performance.

Everyone else has gone home and preparing for next season.

Same as after Man City game. The players didnt try as the mindset is that they are superb after the Liverpool performance. 
Only saving grace is that others around us did not win so we are not further behind.  But we missed a chance to make ground. 
Has this team given up. Their words say no but their attitude says yes. 

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

You were probably in the bog and missed the performance.

Everyone else has gone home and preparing for next season.

I sat through it all, hard as it was to watch.

I noticed Farke after the match says he has not closed the book on this season - I hope there are plenty of fans out there that think the same.  On here it is so easy for the consensus to be "we're down" and anyone that says otherwise is ridiculed, not that I'm accusing you of doing that, but there are still people who believe it can still be done.  

It's looking a bit bleak today, but we are still one special performance away from getting our mojo back - and we have proved we can produce special performances this season. Time is running out, but it is not too late - yet!

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I haven't given up either Smiffy. I won't give up unless we are relegated. While there's still a chance I'm clinging on to it.

A few weeks ago I was called deluded and told it would be easier to accept relegation.Yet I look at this board and it doesn't look easier to me. Despite apparently having given up and accepted relegation weeks ago people seem to go through it again every week. 

If we do go down it will only happen once to me🙃

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I sat through it all, hard as it was to watch.

I noticed Farke after the match says he has not closed the book on this season - I hope there are plenty of fans out there that think the same.  On here it is so easy for the consensus to be "we're down" and anyone that says otherwise is ridiculed, not that I'm accusing you of doing that, but there are still people who believe it can still be done.  

It's looking a bit bleak today, but we are still one special performance away from getting our mojo back - and we have proved we can produce special performances this season. Time is running out, but it is not too late - yet!

Nobody is asking you to stop believing. People believe in all sorts of unaccountable things. 24-51 tell me what the reality is going to be.

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Nobody is asking you to stop believing. People believe in all sorts of unaccountable things. 24-51 tell me what the reality is going to be.

Nobody can predict the future and claim it as reality.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

The fat lady died.

She's been replaced by a full church choir and a a brass band, with extra speakers put up at the back just in case. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Nobody can predict the future and claim it as reality.

24-51 is however the reality and the immediate future is very likely to mirror the immediate past.

Next season may well look entirely different.

Its still too early to tell what will happen. Friday night at Carrow Rd, a team desperate to do well against a team containing a former hero in Maddison is set to be a great occasion.

With that you have difficult fixtures for those above us and we only need one match to go well to give us our mojo back.

I get that it is unlikely, but it is football and anything can still happen.

• Like 1