Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Time for change

Nothing to lose now drop pukki not delivering same as jerome  we persisted  with him when he went into poor spell when he should have been dropped. would like to see idah given a chance and more changes  think farke is lucky he is still here any other club and he would be gone oh yes and change owners end of rant !!

Farke won't change anything.

He's hardly changed a thing all season so he's unlikely to start now.

He appears to be happy to let things drift and hope that things will get better.

He's not proactive enough and he doesn't actually manage.

He might be a good coach but he is not a manager.

Today was yet another classic example.

We go 2 down after 30 minutes and he still sits on his hands and does nothing.

Half time comes & goes and nothing changes.

We go 3 down & it's still another 10 minutes before he makes a change, and then it's only 2 not 3

What did he think/believe was going to happen to turn that game around with the same XI on the pitch, all of which had shown very little, from the 30th minute until the 60th minute.

We would probably of lost today regardless of the team he put out or the substitutions he made. Our players just arent good enough particularly in midfield and godfrey has a way to go before he'll be a decent premier league centre half.

The problem is ... what can be changed that would make a difference?

When you throw on players who have been out for a while they look rusty. 

When you persist with the guys who have the shirts they look tired / not quite good enough.

Apart from Vrancic everyone has been given a good run this season and most look just short of the standard needed - certainly no one is magicial enough to turn the momentum of a match.

We are a Championship side with a big heart and a clear philosophy but, beyond Pukki, we don't have the quality to survive this season. Unlike SheffU we can only play a possession based game and, like Fulham last year, we ain't good enough at it at this level to pull it off.

There's nothing Farke can do about that.

It's the inevitable consequence of getting promoted earlier than planned and not having the funds / squad (we needed two £20M CBs and a £20M CDM last summer) to be competitive at this level.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

The problem is ... what can be changed that would make a difference?

When you throw on players who have been out for a while they look rusty. 

When you persist with the guys who have the shirts they look tired / not quite good enough.

Apart from Vrancic everyone has been given a good run this season and most look just short of the standard needed - certainly no one is magicial enough to turn the momentum of a match.

We are a Championship side with a big heart and a clear philosophy but, beyond Pukki, we don't have the quality to survive this season. Unlike SheffU we can only play a possession based game and, like Fulham last year, we ain't good enough at it at this level to pull it off.

There's nothing Farke can do about that.

It's the inevitable consequence of getting promoted earlier than planned and not having the funds / squad to be competitive at this level.

Vrancic should be in that team all day long, Buendia should be given a chance too

19 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

We would probably of lost today regardless of the team he put out or the substitutions he made. Our players just arent good enough particularly in midfield and godfrey has a way to go before he'll be a decent premier league centre half.

What you say is probably right but that doesn't mean that we can't give it a try once in a while else why do we have a squad of 20+ players and 7 of them sitting on the bench.

He assembled the squad but seems to me apart from about a dozen of them, Farke no longer rates them

I’ve posted on another thread that Pukki is far too isolated and easy to defend against currently. This is not his fault, he needs a player much closer to him.

People will argue that Marco is not up to it but he makes Pukki a better player. Most of his goals from open play have come with Marco in the team (inc the no goal bs Spurs). 

No-one else in the no 10 role offers any physicality or fight. Marco causes defenders problems for that very reason. Whilst his shooting has been very questionable, at least he was getting in positions to get the chances, no other no 10 has done that.

I’d be inclined to bring him back in the team and if not him, I’d be playing Drmic either behind or alongside Pukki.

No doubt Farke will just stick with the anonymous Duda though.

• Like 1

For some reasons Vrancic's face doesn't seem to fit anymore. I struggle to understand that given the performances of Duda and Rupp and others to be fair. He might be the shock departure in the summer which will be a big shame,

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

For some reasons Vrancic's face doesn't seem to fit anymore. I struggle to understand that given the performances of Duda and Rupp and others to be fair. He might be the shock departure in the summer which will be a big shame,

I really don’t get this either . I rate him massively. Maybe I can think that as he hasn’t played much ! However , seems to me he’s a player who can actually win you games . Yes I know some games , recently at Old Trafford , it won’t work and he’ll be largely anonymous. But you only need to win some games to stay up in a season  . Don’t see what on earth anyone else is doing at the moment to keep him out of the side . Hope to see him start against Leicester . 

Edited by Pockthorpe

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

The trouble with Vrancic is that he has the annoying habit of passing the ball forwards and to a another player in yellow.

If he wants to get picked he needs to learn how to always reject the forward pass in favour of a sideways pass or, whenever possible, a pass that goes backwards and puts the defence, who have momentarily gone to sleep, in trouble.

He has far too good a shot on him, he's also too accuarate in dead ball situations, and there's always the danger that he might score.

Sort those weaknesses out and he could well get a game.

Edited by Making Plans
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Farke won't change anything.

He's hardly changed a thing all season so he's unlikely to start now.

He appears to be happy to let things drift and hope that things will get better.

He's not proactive enough and he doesn't actually manage.

He might be a good coach but he is not a manager.

Today was yet another classic example.

We go 2 down after 30 minutes and he still sits on his hands and does nothing.

Half time comes & goes and nothing changes.

We go 3 down & it's still another 10 minutes before he makes a change, and then it's only 2 not 3

What did he think/believe was going to happen to turn that game around with the same XI on the pitch, all of which had shown very little, from the 30th minute until the 60th minute.

Post of the day. Apart from all of mine. 

Big Keith Scott.