Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

I really want............

to come home and see that we have signed a player with actual quality that will make a difference to the squad.

I do not want to read we have signed some useless player like Gareth Taylor who has just been transfer listed http://home.skysports.com/transfernews.asp?type=article&id=354075 and who Worthy is apparantly looking at.

I do not want another loan - they are no longer making any difference to the team. They do not settle, the team doesnt settle and then they go back at the end, it is a waste of money.

I do not want another Graham Stuart.

I want a decent player, even if they have to spend money, who is going to lift the team and give us all a bit of excitement.

I would also like all the Ashton speculation to stop, WHU are really irritating, either buy him or get lost. I dont see why they are so persistent, why spend 7m on him when there are better players for less. It may just be press but it is annoying when all i read is that our star players are going and there is absolutely no sign of any good players coming in, not even rumours.

You don''t want too much do you, put your hand in your pocket if you want to see quality and of course Worthy must get a course in identifying in what makes a quality player, this a necessity since it was not covered in his coaching badges, whereas as how to fall out with your players and tactical naivety were and Worthy passed with flying colours. 

I agree loan signings are not ideal, but theScott Parker loan probably saved NCFC. If I remember correctly we won the 4 games he and danny granville played in, which saved us from relegation as Worthy probably wouldn''t have recovered those points.  Also when they left it showed how crap the rest of the squad were and hamilton soon quit. Correct me if  I''m wrong. 

[quote user="gazban"]

I agree loan signings are not ideal, but theScott Parker loan probably saved NCFC. If I remember correctly we won the 4 games he and danny granville played in, which saved us from relegation as Worthy probably wouldn''t have recovered those points.  Also when they left it showed how crap the rest of the squad were and hamilton soon quit. Correct me if  I''m wrong. 

[/quote]

04-11-2000Football League ChampionshipNorwich1-0Tranmere0
07-11-2000Football League ChampionshipNorwich1-0Birmingham0
11-11-2000Football League ChampionshipSheff Wed3-2Norwich1
18-11-2000Football League ChampionshipNorwich0-2Bolton0
21-11-2000Football League ChampionshipBurnley2-0Norwich0
25-11-2000Football League ChampionshipNorwich1-2Milton Keynes0

2 wins 4 defeats.  the squad wasnt terrible (not great either), but hamilton was appalling

Scott Parker was great. There''s no point in "what if he hadn''t been in the team", when he played he was really the only player worth watching. Parker and Davenport have been two very valuable loans. Crouch and Harper were also big pluses to the side.

Re quality signings - well, we all like spending other people''s money, don''t we? IMO Worthy''s more expensive signings - e.g. Drury, Huckerby, Doherty, Ashton (wait and see on Etuhu) - have usually been good, whereas the cheaper ones have often not been. I''d be happy for him to be given big money from that point of view, but there''s obviously a limit to what debt the Club can carry safely.