Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Do the players really care

We keep hearing they are going to give their all. Please tell me today apart from Tim Krul he seems the only one trying

I don't doubt that they care. They just fall considerably short of this Wolves team in terms of ability. We gave out a few lessons like this last season and now we're on the other side of it. 

47 minutes ago, Hillhead said:

I don't doubt that they care. They just fall considerably short of this Wolves team in terms of ability. We gave out a few lessons like this last season and now we're on the other side of it. 

They have fallen considerably short of most of the premiership teams this season. Relegation could be confirmed as early as the second week of march!

Maybe too many of them think there's either a) a big money move to the premier league on the cards in the summer or b) a route back to germany for those out of favour....unfortunately there's not many left that dont fall into either category

51 minutes ago, Hillhead said:

Been obvious we’ve been too lightweight for this league. We saw that against Sheffield Utd last year for example, but our skill overcame the lack of physicality last year. Once we lose the rhythm in our passing we are too easy to brush aside. 

So there it is, it is our playing style and of course  at some point our team will lose self belief if they keep losing. It’s the classic pattern. 

We as fans can help. We have home games to come where we can be the “twelfth man”’again. 

Not strong enough (mentally or physically), not fast enough.   Need some box to box midfield muscle.

Of course they care. They have a value and don't want that diminished. But just like the media, we are guilty of reacting after a couple of good games while forgetting the more numerous bad games. Aarons booking summed it up for me. He should have had the ball but Jota wanted it more. Nothing against Aarons but when you regularly lose it is difficult to keep getting up off the floor.