Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Wolves Match Thread.

Ok, I’ll spell it out. He’s our most creative player, but there are significant downsides to playing him. For each game, Farke has to decide if the positives outweighs the negatives. And because there are such strong negatives, anyone who argues every time that he doesn’t start that Farke is making a poor decision is being simplistic at best.

Now I'm really confused

2 minutes ago, JF said:

Ridiculous post. He is our most creative player and statistically one of the leagues most creative players. We need wins, nothing else cuts it. We’ve left our most creative player on the bench and still been thrashed. Duda brings **** all to the party and won’t be here next season. 

Are you saying what I described didn’t happen? If he got a yellow card within 10 minutes of coming on, he’s a walking risk of us going down to 10 men if he carries in like that over 90 minutes. 

This sounds like I don’t think he should play, I need to emphasise that I do think he’s a great player for us, BUT  there are risks if he plays. We’re weaker defensively, and as I say, there’s a greater chance of going down to 10 men, or him having to be hauled off to avoid it.

30 minutes ago, Indy said:

You’re all so full of negatives it’s just so laughable, it’s like dealing with a bunch of school kids who can’t have their sweeties. We all knew the situation going into this season, we were told, the club is owned by Delia, I’m not a fan of hers never have bee, most will tel you this, but I’ve accepted I can’t change things, so accept what we have......where we are and where we could have been.

So sorry if I don’t jump up and down and stamp my feet like you bunch of sad kids because we’re not winning! Facts of if if you don’t like it it and it pisses you off go do something else on match days!

It is tell not tel....it is been not bee.... As a adult (who struggles with spelling) can you point me to the article or communication where it said we would be bottom of the league for most of the season... Was it in the season ticket renewal information.. thanks. Mike age 57 & 3/4....

Not really sure what to say after watching that.

Apart from the first few minutes we were not in it. Weak generally through the middle today, poor at the back and the less said about our forwards the better.

Where's that beer.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Handball?

Looked a pretty clear handball on replay and from the reaction of the Wolves players I would say they were also expecting VAR to do its job.

We, on the other hand, knew it wouldn't - not then, not on the Coady tackle, not on the Aarons stamp, not on the Godfrey yellow card, what a total pile of......!

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Nothing personal Indy but I can't get into the mindset of accepting we were relegated before the season even started and then also seeing that as some kind of 'success'.

Anyway,  I'm going to sign off now and find a corner to cry in...

OTBC

Maybe we’re all different and once Webber staled what he did, I never wanted relegation but was under no illusion as some that we’d be battling relegation all season! But I’d rather be where we are now than not have been promoted! So I see the positives along with accepting the inevitable! 
Add to that we can’t change our owners that I’ve accepted too so we ride the club and take what’s dished up, like it or lump it, that’s the way it is.....all those getting bent out of shape regarding defenders not bought in, I’m pretty sure I trust Webber andFarke to have known that area needed strengthening but we didn’t have the funds or the better players didn’t want to sign for us! I think they know better than some childish remarks by spoiled fans matey!

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Are you saying what I described didn’t happen? If he got a yellow card within 10 minutes of coming on, he’s a walking risk of us going down to 10 men if he carries in like that over 90 minutes. 

This sounds like I don’t think he should play, I need to emphasise that I do think he’s a great player for us, BUT  there are risks if he plays. We’re weaker defensively, and as I say, there’s a greater chance of going down to 10 men, or him having to be hauled off to avoid it.

Oh did we have 11 on the pitch then? Didn’t seem like it!

Not being negative here but who expected us to go to wolves and come away with anything when you have buendia on the bench and our last 2 goals in the league have come from the penalty spot. Look at how good wolves are, and they werent at there best today. I wish people would stop saying we will be the best relegated team, how annoying is that. 

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

It is tell not tel....it is been not bee.... As a adult (who struggles with spelling) can you point me to the article or communication where it said we would be bottom of the league for most of the season... Was it in the season ticket renewal information.. thanks. Mike age 57 & 3/4....

Thanks for the heads up spelling police! Now point me to the same communication where it said we wouldn’t? No guarantees in football.

Edited by Indy

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well you’re going to have a really ****e spring then! No one is happy but some can accept that’s what was always going to happen!

So a win today would have put us 4 points from safety. So even though you are trying to make excuses and stick up for some poor decision making, you are showing less faith than most of us who wanted DF to go for it.

Reality is seldom popular but its clear that the step up was too steep this season. Fragility in defence gets punished in this league.

4 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Looked a pretty clear handball on replay and from the reaction of the Wolves players I would say they were also expecting VAR to do its job.

We, on the other hand, knew it wouldn't - not then, not on the Coady tackle, not on the Aarons stamp, not on the Godfrey yellow card, what a total pile of......!

We never get VAR decisions. It's because we haven't spent millions on players because that is what sky sports like teams doing, the whole thing is a farce

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

We never get VAR decisions. It's because we haven't spent millions on players because that is what sky sports like teams doing, the whole thing is a farce

VAR hasnt relegated us.

• Like 1

...well I suppose today has answered the question as to which 2 from Hanley/Zimmerman/Godrey should be playing when all fit...

team for Leicester

......Krul......

Aarons..Zimmerman..Hanley..Lewis

..........Tettey.....Trybull..... 

Buendia....Vrancic.....Cantwell....

...............Pukki...............

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Alex Tettey thought it was a definite handball.....

So did I. It looked clear to me from my bedroom.

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Buendia lets himself down so many times with his silly strops. Shame as he's such a talented player.

So being tempermental stops you playing even if you are the best at the club in your position? And the poor devil is brought on when we are 3-0 down and is judged on that. Today, the football was just like that first season under DF. Slow, sterile and predictable. But at least the players didn't throw a paddy.

I'm not judging him on today at 3-0 down. It's not just today though is it ? He's been like it all season.

Someone said he left the field in a right huff. Is that going to get him a regular starting place ? Oliviera can testify that Farke stands no nonsense with players who sulk so it looks like the exit beckons.

Anyway that has properly ruined my Sunday.. wish I could be happy being bottom, worse than last year, ending for the second tier... Anyway I am sure that the board have had a lovely day out.. they always liked Wolves I seem to remember... Off to listen to music..you get what you pay for there...

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

So did I. It looked clear to me from my bedroom.

It looked even clearer on my excellent bootleg pooter stream.....situated in my lounge.....

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Alex Tettey thought it was a definite handball.....

once i saw a couple of replays i'm not so sure.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

VAR hasnt relegated us.

Not necessarily but look at some of the decisions we should've had, pukki vs spurs for one, handball today for 1st goal potentially, penalty at home vs man u, I know man u and today's probably wouldn't of had any impact of full time result but just a point I'm making. Clear and obvious mistakes is the var purpose but EVERY goal is reviewed

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I'm not judging him on today at 3-0 down. It's not just today though is it ? He's been like it all season.

Someone said he left the field in a right huff. Is that going to get him a regular starting place ? Oliviera can testify that Farke stands no nonsense with players who sulk so it looks like the exit beckons.

Pee the player off.....he has a strop.....say at the end of the season 'he doesn't want to be here'.....flog him - and the fan's will be pacified by the 'excuse'......

Dare I say there are still 5 very winnable games against other ****e teams? Hopefully Farke blasts the teams effort today and also tells the lads that he didn't put them in a spot to win. Use this as a catalyst to either pack bags and sulk for the remaining 33 available points, or kick on and show some pride in themselves.

Southampton (h)

Brighton (h)

Watford (a)

West Ham (h)

Burnley (h)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hillhead said:

I like Emi but what do you mean by "can be awesome"

It's all very well being a creative spark and taking players on but when in those same games he's laying on the floor or losing the ball in dangerous positions the net effect is negative.

I think Emi can be a brilliant player but he has a lot to learn before that.

He has created more chances than any other player in the team.  That's pretty awesome and I dont believe he deserves to be on the bench, behinf Rupp and Duda. Yes he has the Latino spirit but you have to accept that, it may not change for a long time... look at Cantona.

14 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Excuses. We got beat fair and square and were lucky it wasn't five or six.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Godfrey comes back into CB, we got back to being absolute chaos defensively. I know it was an enforced change through injury, but it is no surprise.

We've marketed him to the football world really, really well- but fact of the matter is he isn't good enough as a defender at this level *at this time*

Unfortunately there is a lot of truth in this, and IMO Buendia is a similar case - we all know how fantastic he was last season and an absolute delight to watch but he simply hasn't (yet) managed to take the step up this season that most of us assumed would come quite naturally. Admittedly he didn't long against Liverpool but he got plenty of time today and in both games he made it pretty obvious why Farke hasn't started him recently.

The obvious upside though is that both of them, and several of the others, are still very young and can still fulfill their potential. I know it's all ifs and buts but I do believe that if Godrey had been playing alongside Klose this season he would have deveoped quicker and performed a lot better.

• Like 1