Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Wolves Match Thread.

Farke pretty much explains why Buendia isn’t starting in the recent interview. Not at 100%, this is a much tougher league, can get away with his limitations in the championship etc. Also he quite rightly points out he sees him everyday along with the whole squad so obviously isn’t seeing the necessary to put him back into the starting 11.

He was pretty much untouchable last season and had to play. For all his good play, he hasn’t scored a goal and his weaknesses are being exploited by the opposition, whilst he isn’t learning from mistakes (either throughout games or the season as a whole). Buendia needs to listen and learn if he wants to improve and get the lucrative move that his talent deserves

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

If you mean 'slating', please, point out some of them.

Because I can't see any at all, besides the ones you create for your post.

I saw something the other day which had very similar, almost identical wording along the lines of 'Amazing how some on here think we're going to finish in the top 2 next season as a given' - and again, I could find no examples.

So, are you just creating crap? What actually is the point?

Keith Scott's cousin, I'd imagine.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I see Wolves have benched Traore, so we both have some strong players to come off the bench second half. We tired around the 60 minute mark last time we played them, hopefully if we can keep it tight we can inject Mario and Emi around that mark, I could see that being very effective.

As long as we aren't out of it by then

What I would say to that is this.

Hypothetically, should we be losing 2-0 at the point Emi and Mario were to come on, how do we know we wouldn’t have been losing 3-0 if they started? The simple fact is we don’t. 

As it happens, if I had my way I would start them both - but I do know that hindsight is a wonderful thing. And a slightly more solid starting approach to the game away at Wolves could well pay dividends, I’m wondering by Nuno leaving out Traore from his starting 11 if he’s thinking exactly the same thing. 

Just now, Alex Moss said:

What I would say to that is this.

Hypothetically, should we be losing 2-0 at the point Emi and Mario were to come on, how do we know we wouldn’t have been losing 3-0 if they started? The simple fact is we don’t. 

As it happens, if I had my way I would start them both - but I do know that hindsight is a wonderful thing. And a slightly more solid starting approach to the game away at Wolves could well pay dividends, I’m wondering by Nuno leaving out Traore from his starting 11 if he’s thinking exactly the same thing. 

Hey Alex, if we get subs at 60-65 mins if we need them, then I think we are all in agreement. Just so few of us can see why 85 minute subs to change a game at this level is going to create the result. 

Duda must have a playing clause in his loan agreement as there’s no way he warrants a start ahead of Buendia after that Liverpool performance.

Here’s a conspiracy theory, was there a big offer for Emi in the transfer window, we told him he was going nowhere, he didn’t agree ? Really hope that isn’t correct but something seems to have happened.

31 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I see Wolves have benched Traore, so we both have some strong players to come off the bench second half. We tired around the 60 minute mark last time we played them, hopefully if we can keep it tight we can inject Mario and Emi around that mark, I could see that being very effective.

For the record, Wolves have actually only won 2 of their last 10 league games, so let’s put in the performance we know we can. OTBC!

I think if Farke brings Buendia on at 55/60 minutes if we’re chasing a win then this is all fine. If he does the usual and brings him on with 10 minutes left then his omission from the starting line-up will be really annoying. (I’d still have one of Mario or Emi on from the start though...)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Hey Alex, if we get subs at 60-65 mins if we need them, then I think we are all in agreement. Just so few of us can see why 85 minute subs to change a game at this level is going to create the result. 

Hi mate, for impact I agree. I think substitutions are easily the very hardest thing for any manager to get right. I try not to read too much in to them because I realise that without the ability of witnessing the ‘alternate universe’ where we can see exactly what would have happened had we say left the same players on for the last 10 minutes then we’ll never really know which one was the right decision. 

Personally I do not agree with making all 3 subs by the 60th minute if possible. 2 maximum, for impact, if we have the choice that is. Sometimes **** happens like you lose a player early in the game, such as we did against Liverpool. And then your hands are tied regarding options that you may have planned prior to the match. We lose a player or two to injury after 60mins then means we’ve got absolutely no cover and we’re then playing a very dangerous game. We should always hold one back.

1 minute ago, Grando said:

I think if Farke brings Buendia on at 55/60 minutes if we’re chasing a win then this is all fine. If he does the usual and brings him on with 10 minutes left then his omission from the starting line-up will be really annoying. (I’d still have one of Mario or Emi on from the start though...)

Totally agree mate, I hear you 👍🏼

• Like 1

Buendia - the classic double edged sword. Gives us something going forward no-one else does but leaves us open in the middle of the park.

I guess it's keep it solid for 60 mins then decide whether to stick or twist; at this stage of the season, a draw isn't going to cut it.

OTBC

2 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

When I say 'around' us, i am aware that actually means 'above' us 🙂 

Are we bottom then? Hadn't noticed. Cheers👍

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

🙏

In the name of the Farke, and of the Pukki, and of the Holy Delia. Amen

OTBC

Ah well praise be..not.