Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Wolves Match Thread.

XI: Krul; Aarons, Hanley, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey, McLean; Rupp, Duda, Cantwell; Pukki.

Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Trybull, Vrancic, Buendia, Stiepermann, Drmic, Idah

No defence cover. All out attack? 

No Buendia but hardly surprising after Farke's recent comments and Idah back in the squad.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, Norfolk Dan said:

No defence cover.

With Klose and Zimmermann injured plus Amadou gone hardly surprising Norfolk Dan.

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

XI: Krul; Aarons, Hanley, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey, McLean; Rupp, Duda, Cantwell; Pukki.

Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Trybull, Vrancic, Buendia, Stiepermann, Drmic, Idah

No defence cover. All out attack? 

To be fair I think our fit defenders that would become cover are actually on the pitch ie Tettey would go to cb, Rupp to FB.

3 minutes ago, JF said:

Ridiculous that Buendea isn’t in

This. Understandable against Liverpool, being more solid defensively, but disappointing here. Let's hope it pays off.

Thought Rupp played well against Liverpool (apart from the shot/pass mix up) however EB on early second half if we are struggling please. #needthreepoints

Buendia, unfortunately, has not matured or even tried to improve on his petulance from last season. All too often this season he’s either given the ball away and not tracked back, lost the ball, fallen over and whined he should have had a free kick or reacted too strongly to being dispossessed and given away a free kick/got a yellow etc.

A creative player definitely but it seems Farke not going to keep picking him no matter what. Seen as too much of a liability?

Having said all that, none of us know the real reasons he’s not starting

• Like 3

DF said it was his tactical indiscipline. I would have him in the team in a heartbeat. We can catch them on the break as they will play a fast attacking game. I just hope those picked can be quick and clever enough to exploit it.

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

Buendia, unfortunately, has not matured or even tried to improve on his petulance from last season. All too often this season he’s either given the ball away and not tracked back, lost the ball, fallen over and whined he should have had a free kick or reacted too strongly to being dispossessed and given away a free kick/got a yellow etc.

A creative player definitely but it seems Farke not going to keep picking him no matter what. Seen as too much of a liability?

Disappointing that Buendia is on the bench. The main player who could split the Wolves defence to create chances for Pukki. Could be a long afternoon but here’s hoping.

As well as we 'think' they may be playing , we wont be dominating many midfields with Tettey and McLean

...Buendia's omission is ridiculous, are we really that flush with creating chances that we can leave him out?

The time for containing teams with the likes of Rupp out wide as sailed....its sh!t or bust time.

Amazing how some on here now stating Buendia. He proves how he can change a game but if Farke brings him on around 80 minutes think he’s entitled to feel pissed off

We need to win football matches, draws are of very little use now. I’d be far more confident in our ability to take 3 points with Buendea out there. I’ve no doubt the team we’ve named can get 3 points but Buendea gives us more creativity to make it happen 

I see Wolves have benched Traore, so we both have some strong players to come off the bench second half. We tired around the 60 minute mark last time we played them, hopefully if we can keep it tight we can inject Mario and Emi around that mark, I could see that being very effective.

For the record, Wolves have actually only won 2 of their last 10 league games, so let’s put in the performance we know we can. OTBC!

• Like 2

I told you all after our 'brave' performance against Liverpool that Farke would only make enforced changes. The man never changes and he has cost us again before the game has even started. Buendia did more in 5 mins than Duda did in over 90. Absolute joke. Farke obviously believes what players do in training is more important than what they do in the actual games.... 

I see Wolves have benched Traore, so we both have some strong players to come off the bench second half. We tired around the 60 minute mark last time we played them, hopefully if we can keep it tight we can inject Mario and Emi around that mark, I could see that being very effective.

As long as we aren't out of it by then

I love Buendia as a player, but it is a team game, laying on the floor whining whilst the opponents are counter attacking is not very helpful, I am so surprised by how many people fail to see that. Defensive discipline is a huge part of the modern game and we are now in a position whereby all 11 on the pitch need to be pulling together, working hard, the time to spit your dummy out is in private, not during a game........

Just now, Keith Scott said:

I told you all after our 'brave' performance against Liverpool that Farke would only make enforced changes. The man never changes and he has cost us again before the game has even started. Buendia did more in 5 mins than Duda did in over 90. Absolute joke. Farke obviously believes what players do in training is more important than what they do in the actual games.... 

Indeed you are!

Just now, Hoola Han Solo said:

Is Hernandez injured?

Yes, an incident in training on same knee he injured pre-season.  Hopefully not as bad.

14 minutes ago, daly said:

Amazing how some on here now stating Buendia. He proves how he can change a game but if Farke brings him on around 80 minutes think he’s entitled to feel pissed off

If you mean 'slating', please, point out some of them.

Because I can't see any at all, besides the ones you create for your post.

I saw something the other day which had very similar, almost identical wording along the lines of 'Amazing how some on here think we're going to finish in the top 2 next season as a given' - and again, I could find no examples.

So, are you just creating crap? What actually is the point?