Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

I've seen the future and its.......

Not exactly pretty is it?

This may be hypocritical as I was to a large part responsible for the 140,000 square foot shed that is/was? BigW but aren''t the proposed buildings ugly?

I thought that stretch of the river came under the Broads Authority planning guidelines. Have they not rejected every proposal in the past on the grounds that it''s the river approach to Norwich etc?

You proposed a scheme like that where I live (Birmingham of all places with it''s high rise blocks and ClangerHanger) you''d probably be laughed at, looks like an artists impression of Basildon in the 60''s gone green with age.

They are hideously ugly monstosities aren''t they. You wonder whether these architects have any kind of artistic flair whatsoever. They certainly have no idea of what is aesthetically pleasing anyway. To be fair, I suppose it must be really quite difficult to make any huge building look attractive. I sometimes wonder if I was given a drawing board and a few weeks to think about it, whether I could come up with a design somewhat better than the so-called experts manage, though. I have to admit that I find the majority of modern architecture pretty ugly.

It doesn''t just happen in Norwich, you know.

At Cromer, in an area famed for its historic cobbled gangway, crab boats, etc, one architect came up with the idea of building a towering block of flats based on the design of the famous Dubai sail hotel!

Now that was laughed out of town.