Radio 3 dj - Norwich fan??

Just heard a comment from a listener read out:

" good away result for the yellows yesterday"

which confused me a bit, then the announcer said

"yes, always good to turn over the tractor boys"

:classic_biggrin::classic_laugh::classic_biggrin:

38 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Surely ‘twas his words revealed that, Ron

True. But a Norwich fan would have reacted the same way. Still nice to know they're held in such high regard elsewhere  :classic_smile:

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

True. But a Norwich fan would have reacted the same way. Still nice to know they're held in such high regard elsewhere  :classic_smile:

Indeed, to the first phrase, take the point

What can we say... radio 3 a quality station,  BBC a quality institution!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Or Target Number1 as it is now called.

I do like Radio 3. It is hard work if you are new to classical music, but I used Classic FM as a stepping stone, an introducer to brilliant music, and then moved onto 3. I tended to swear less at Petroc Trelawny than John Humphries as well.😀

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Ah yes, Radio 3, the station one flicks to during the interminable adverts and dreadful sychophancy of Classic FM. Between them there is a good station somewhere.....

• Like 1

@Herman and @lake district canary Ha, yes.

I know people who routinely (& justifiably) scream obscenities on hearing the saccharine presentation and phrase “Smooth classics at seven”...

that said - am working my way back to R3, on an extended mid-life stepping stone prolonged by fatherhood... main crack at radio currently being whilst encouraging youngster to sleep. Sadly too much talk on R3 & not enough music, for the 4 year-old at least.. can turn down the Classic ads for a few secs

However, ad-free radio/TV, programmes commissioned with integrity & bravery, and broadly independent journalism are a jewel we’ll sorely miss if the hard right & ‘content consumerists’ get their way!

Edited by GenerationA47

Like others I have left R4 (mainly the terrible Today programme) and found a home at R3. Yet, I tend to move between 3 and Scala. The latter is more accessible and still has some adverts but The Space is brilliant.....No presenters at all getting in the way with their opinions and personality. Just interesting and eclectic curation. I would highly recommend listening to Scala for a week and then deciding. It has changed and influenced my musical interests which is never a bad thing. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Radio 2 for me, can’t beat a bit of popmaster in the morning

It's weird I still class 2 as an old person's station, (probably because my mum was a regular Woganite), even though I am an older person and some of the music is more to my tastes.. I will just carry on pretending I am a youthful hipster by listening to 6.😀 (As I write Stephen Fry is on with Cerys, City get an honourable mention.)

Thanks @sonyc. That is the first review of that station, which I had completely forgotten about to be honest, so will give it a try.

Love a bit of Radio 2 (use to enjoy Wogan on it as well). I find Talk sport a struggle at time due to the incessant adverts, but do like Paul Hawksbee in the afternoon. 

other than that on a day like today it Radio Norfolk all the way