Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

What people should really be worried about is this....

If after a season in the Premiership and with a £6 million parachute payment this season we cannot afford £50k to buy a player, then you have to ask what on earth is going to happen if we don''t get promoted this season or next and we don''t have the parachute payments any more?

We will be back to scrapping for bosmans, hoping to get lucky in the chance that they might come good.

For me our situation is very serious. Maybe the board are secretly content to be a Championship club? this is what i feel is the case.

The acid test for me will be in the summer should we fail to make the play off''s. If the board does not even contemplate a change of manager then we can be sure where their ambition (or lack of it) lies.

Greater urgency needs to be shown towards getting back to the Premiership.

Relax, they are polling in it.

The board has budgetted for most foreseeable eventualities and I''m sure is fully aware that next season''s parachute payment is the last.

Not sure what you mean by greater urgency should be shown. Should we bring forward someoff the fixtures. Kick off earlier in the day ?

Ask if we can use some of next seasons points this season ?

Or perhaps spend more than we have, borrow way beyond our means in some heroic madcap all or nothing attempt to get promoted.

I can see why club''s are happy not to let fans on the board.

I don''t think a change of manager would help money appear, infact should you listen to Mr Warnock it doesn''t. Many years at championship level with increasingly better placings and then a season in the premiership. It shows a gradual and steady improvement, to get back to the premiership last term, perhaps yes, there needs a couple of million to be found and invested on a new winger/midfielder (most urgent). But Delia and co are not Whelan, Sheppard, or Abramovich, there is not the funds so it''s a make do or get out.

Duke couldn''t agree more, I am sure I posted identical to the above, can''t remember if it was accepted now it was 3/5 days ago, might have dreamt it I suppose.  Nonetheless a very pointed comment.  To be seriously considered which it will not be by the rose tinted battalions. 

The truth of the matter is, we don''t know the truth of the matter. The money situation as reflected in the loan for Robinson''s fee & wages could be a smokescreen (though an elaborate one) or it could be the simple truth. There are all manner of reasons for this perceived lack of money which we could speculatively throw out there. Perhaps the board are holding back enough money to sack N.W. if this season ends disappointingly? I just made that up, but if that''s what we''re doing...My personal belief is that money is quite tight. All the loan signings, agents'' fees, Etuhu. And not only that, but I think I''m right in saying that players'' wages are at premiership level while we are getting parachute payments? That could be wrong, but I''m sure I read it somewhere on here. Not that that''s proof by any means [:P]

How about:-

The player/wages budget has reach the level that has been agreed at the start of the season. No more money is available this season so the individuals involved decided to invest their cash ( just like those who bought shares) to give the team the best possible chance of pushing for the play offs?

Just a thought.

I for one am very greatful to the board members who have tried to help.

what exactly has happened to all the parachute payment cash??? as far as i can see it was spent on tying worthy and ashton to this club for the next few years.Lets be real here 450k for etuhu was a joke,i think somebody got the decimal place wrong,should have been £450.worthy is banking on ashton/green going to get money,but just how much would he be given???

I don''t want to sound rude, but why do some fans assume they know everything about the financial state of the club? Do you truly honestly believe that the club is in such a dire financial state, and if we were, would the board want to release this into the public domain or keep it quiet?Let''s think about how the club have done business in the past regarding transfers and just wait and see. Maybe you''re right but I would think there is a lot more to come.