Sign in to follow this  
Big O

Mike Riley

Apologies to bring up the dreaded VAR but surely Mike Riley has to resign for the shambles of the implementation?

i know the result helped us today but the two Bournemouth handballs were terrible decisions, the KDB one is laughable and the red card (or lack of one at spurs) even worse. The worst part is the lack of retrospective action after they admitted they had got it wrong.

Time for Riley to go and an immediate rule change enforced of the referee on the pitch has to make the final decision for everything other than offsides  which will have to remain consistent for this season.

you just know if we do get close we will be VARed out of it. 

I seem to recall that one of the arguments for delaying VAR in the Premiership was to observe early implementations, and learn from other leagues' experience to ensure that there were no issues when finally rolled out here.

I have to say I think the implementation has been absolutely abysmal, and that somebody must take responsibility for it. To go against IFAB advice and use VAR for interpolated, pixel-perfect offside decisions despite lack of resolution, both in frame size and frame rate, has to go down as one of the worst "refereeing" decisions to be made in a long time in what is supposed to be our flagship National league.

Factor that in to numerous other issues, such as lack of crowd feedback, lack of consistency in the decisions that are actually made, and every other criticism levelled at our implementation of VAR and I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest it's been absolutely farcical.

• Like 1