Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Weekend Results So Far

Bournemouth lost 3-0

Brighton drew 1-1

Villa lost 2-0

Not quite a full house but not bad.

The door is slightly ajar.

3 points tomorrow and we'll have a foot in it.

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Hope I'm wrong of course but we have had these opportunities so many times this season yet have failed to get anywhere taking them. We couldn't beat a dreadful Newcastle team recently and Wolves are light years ahead of them so what chance?  Herr Farke has pretty much confirmed that Buendia will (once again) be lounging around on the bench yet we have to win the game!

That's the spirit!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Hope I'm wrong of course but we have had these opportunities so many times this season yet have failed to get anywhere taking them. We couldn't beat a dreadful Newcastle team recently and Wolves are light years ahead of them so what chance?  Herr Farke has pretty much confirmed that Buendia will (once again) be lounging around on the bench yet we have to win the game!

To be fair, as dreadful as Newcastle were, I think their strength at home has been their defending this season. But you’re right, the door keeps opening and we need to do something that will blow this wide open. Surely one weekend it’ll go our way? If we can get the points tomorrow, and put ourselves within 4 points after this weekends fixtures, then make no mistake, we will be right back in it, especially with some of our home games coming up, who knows how your West Ham’s etc may react - I wouldn’t imagine well, the pressure is already ramping up and if those other clubs see us within literally a game swing then it really could get interesting, not to mention the buzz that our lads will get from that, belief that our luck is changing could be absolutely massive.

I know I’m being ridiculously overly optimistic on all of our behalf’s but just imagine getting revenge on Wolves tomorrow then our boys brimming with confidence at a buzzing Carrow Rd on Friday night taking the win going into next weekends games... I bet there would be more than one or 2 whispers in the media talking about the great escape! This week with a bit of luck could be the season changer 🙏

I can't see either Watford or West Ham getting anything from Man U away and Liverpool away and that makes things even more interesting if can get a win tomorrow.

There is no doubt that we are capable of beating Wolves but it really just depends on which NCFC team turns up.

Come on lads, we can do this

15 Brighton            27        28

16 Bournemouth   27        26

17 Aston Villa        27        25

18 West Ham         27        24

19 Watford             27        24

20 Norwich            27        21

• Like 1

I wouldnt put it past watford getting something at old trafford tomorrow....but it really is the time for us to stand up and be counted now , lets see how many of our players really want to be in this league next season

Incentive is there after todays results

I'll reserve judgement until i see the teamsheet

Yes trouble is we need to win three more than those above us, so it’s really a must win tomorrow. Still any result and points tomorrow will be a massive result as Wolves are a very good side.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I know I’m being ridiculously overly optimistic on all of our behalf’s but just imagine getting revenge on Wolves tomorrow then our boys brimming with confidence at a buzzing Carrow Rd on Friday night taking the win going into next weekends games... I bet there would be more than one or 2 whispers in the media talking about the great escape! This week with a bit of luck could be the season changer 🙏

Not only would this scenario be superb, it would be funny as hell considering the amount of experts who have written us off.

Bring it on. If there ever was a week to do something great, this is it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

To be fair, as dreadful as Newcastle were, I think their strength at home has been their defending this season. But you’re right, the door keeps opening and we need to do something that will blow this wide open. Surely one weekend it’ll go our way? If we can get the points tomorrow, and put ourselves within 4 points after this weekends fixtures, then make no mistake, we will be right back in it, especially with some of our home games coming up, who knows how your West Ham’s etc may react - I wouldn’t imagine well, the pressure is already ramping up and if those other clubs see us within literally a game swing then it really could get interesting, not to mention the buzz that our lads will get from that, belief that our luck is changing could be absolutely massive.

So what do you think that Farke will do differently tomorrow, bearing in mind that what he's done so far hasn't really worked?

Not winning at Newcastle wasn’t because we failed to create chances to score was it ... 

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

So what do you think that Farke will do differently tomorrow, bearing in mind that what he's done so far hasn't really worked?

Personally, I don’t think Farke or the lads need to do too much differently. We’ve been in literally every single game these days, and that includes the Liverpool match - that cannot be denied. I do think we could do with a little slice of luck and a bit of the rub of the green though, as you’re asking.

25 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Personally, I don’t think Farke or the lads need to do too much differently. We’ve been in literally every single game these days, and that includes the Liverpool match - that cannot be denied. I do think we could do with a little slice of luck and a bit of the rub of the green though, as you’re asking.

Sounds like you're crediting our League position to luck, and just hoping that 'our luck changes'.

We have stopped the flood of goals against us, we now need to convert the chances we are creating. I have no time for the “bad luck” argument but a favorable bounce - like Spurs got against us - certainly would be helpful. 

Edited by Surfer

Win tomorrow and we are within 3 points of 2 teams and within 4 points of another

Win again next week while they all lose again and boom, we're right in there.

At this stage of the season it's all about momentum and if we can get that then anything is possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Farke just sets his team up hoping for something to change. In any walk of like that is poor management. Pity so few fans cant see that basic flaw.  

Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to have one, but in the last four games we coulda have won v Bournemouth and did, could have won at Spurs and narrowly lost to a lucky bounce, could have won at Newcastle and didn’t because of atrocious finishing, and could have won against Liverpool because we were playing Liverpool. 

So what would you do differently with his available resources? 

This could be a real chance. I know it will be tough against a really good Wolves side. But we can have our moments as well. And jus four points from safety would give everyone a great boost.

I hope DF goes for it. I hope that Emi has served his punishment and is restored to the side. We are better with him and he is the real class in this side. But I expect DF to try and slow Wolves down and frustrate them and catch them on the break. And that means Duda and Rupp again. I would love to see Mario as well but with Zimbo injured that is not going to happen.

16 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Sounds like you're crediting our League position to luck, and just hoping that 'our luck changes'.

Nope, you made up the quote ‘our luck changes’, I’m just simply hoping that it’s us that gets the best rub of the green amongst our rivals from here on in i.e injuries, VAR decisions etc etc, I’m hardly going to wish for anything else am I? 🤦🏻‍♂️

As already stated, I said we’ve been in literally every single game these days, which means I’m saying we’ve been competitive, including against Liverpool 👍🏼

34 minutes ago, Surfer said:

We have stopped the flood of goals against us, we now need to convert the chances we are creating. I have no time for the “bad luck” argument but a favorable bounce - like Spurs got against us - certainly would be helpful. 

And nor am I saying our season is down to ‘bad luck’ (although I would disagree on the injury front, someone’s got to have it worst and best each season), but a favourable rub of the green or bounce from here on in would not go amiss either.

Nope, you made up the quote ‘our luck changes’, I’m just simply hoping that it’s us that gets the best rub of the green amongst our rivals from here on in i.e injuries, VAR decisions etc etc, I’m hardly going to wish for anything else am I? 🤦🏻‍♂️

As already stated, I said we’ve been in literally every single game these days, which means I’m saying we’ve been competitive, including against Liverpool 👍🏼

So what are we going to do differently to move from being in games to winning games?

I paraphrased the change of luck for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

So what are we going to do differently to move from being in games to winning games?

Simple. Convert our scoring chances. If we had done that would we have beaten Spurs - probably, Newcastle - certainly, Liverpool - possibly. But we didn’t, so unless you know how to solve that problem I’d suggest the approach Farke is taking is just fine.

Edited by Surfer

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I paraphrased the change of luck for the rest of the season. 

I dunno, score one goal more each game than the opposition, what do you reckon?

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Gotta play Buendia, gotta win tomorrow.

Got a funny feeling we won’t from Farke’s comments in the press conference, something about him not being at his 100% best on the training pitch recently. Clearly no serious issue whatsoever from what he said, I get the impression he’s just giving Emi some tough love, trying to bring the very best out of him that he can, I would imagine that’s what all the best managers do with such players, you can bet Sir Alex did it with Ronaldo at Old Trafford. That said, I hope he starts too, we need a top performance for sure.

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

Simple. Convert our scoring chances. If we had done that would we have beaten Spurs - probably, Newcastle - certainly, Liverpool - possibly. But we didn’t, so unless you know how to solve that problem I’d suggest the approach Farke is taking is just fine.

That's one thing we need to do, how do you achieve it? What are you going to do differently?