Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Charlie highly critical of Plymouth referee

Simon Charlton went so far as to say City would have won the match with a different referee. Sounds a gross exaggeration to me, but would any of you who went to the Plymouth match agree that the man in the middle was poor, and that this effected the outcome of the game? Apparently, Charlie even told the ref that he had had such a crap game that if there was an assessor present it would probably be his last in charge.

I hate seeing any side or player blaming the ref - they may make one or two mistakes but count the mistakes made by the players during a game - out of position, lacking committment, poor movement, poor passing, lack of communication - it runs into hundreds during a game yet the solitary one or two by the ref ''Cost us the game''.

Any one blaming the ref needs to look in the mirror first.  

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]

Simon Charlton went so far as to say City would have won the match with a different referee. Sounds a gross exaggeration to me, but would any of you who went to the Plymouth match agree that the man in the middle was poor, and that this effected the outcome of the game? Apparently, Charlie even told the ref that he had had such a crap game that if there was an assessor present it would probably be his last in charge.

[/quote]

from the radio It sounded like Plymouth had as many good chances as we did

Who did he blame for setting up one of prestons goals a week or 2 before. Did he blame the referee then, did he think he was shootin the wrong way again. Muppet, please sell him Nigel.

I broadly agree with you ZLF, but it''s quite unusual for a City player to do this, which lends some weight to his claim.In counterpoint, I felt Charlton was sidelined partly because he likes the sound of his own voice a bit too much for Worthy''s liking!