Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Bill/City1st

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

I remember him insulting her weight, calling her ugly, etc etc. Just hugely nasty stuff for a grown adult to be directing at a teenage girl. He could be thoroughly unpleasant when he wanted to be.

Yep, I can remember it. I think my biggest problem was not that he vehemently wanted Delia and Michael out, because as a Norwich supporter he had every right to his view, but because of the way he spoke about her. There was real vitriol there, and he more than crossed the line with how personal and offensive he could be. I’m surprised she didn’t get a restraining order on him, I’ve no doubt she will have either witnessed his antics or been made aware of them. Whatever your feelings towards the board, you don’t say the unpleasant personal stuff he did towards a woman, least of all one that whatever your stance on her running of NCFC, clearly loves our club more than life itself.

On 24/02/2020 at 21:59, hogesar said:

He was brilliant and awful in equal measure.

The TV thing was fantastic though.

Hahaha yep 😂, someone desperately needs to find that thread, C! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I actually got stuck in a pub one morning not so many years back with Nigel Farage. There was just himself, the landlord and myself, and for some random reason, I ended up cooking him breakfast. Actually it wasn’t random, it was the bloody Pinot Grigio 🤦🏻‍♂️😂. Not my cup of tea, no offence folks.

That's because it was WINE 😉

Yes he isn't my brand of biscuits either, Alex.

The amount of coffin dodgers at that Col Who Brexit Bonanza was outstanding. If ever there was a time for coronavirus to strike, it was at that event.

• Haha 1

Looking for something else I came across this post of Cam's from more than a decade ago, when Cullumgate was exercising the interest of fans and there was a not very believable rumour that the club might go into receivership. For those who joined here after he stopped posting it gives a pretty good idea of his robust style, his knowledge of the football scene, and his occasional quirkiness:

The top creditors [in the case of receivership] get preference - in your case that would be the bank loans, one assumes, and other trading creditors.  They take complete preference over all the shareholders.  Company law requires the directors of any company even *fearing* administration to make the creditors their priority.  Shareholders count for nothing in these circumstances - it is quite common for the creditors to get a share of whatever proceeds there are while the shareholders do not get a penny.  The directors are required by law to do this and face civil penalties or even criminal prosecution (in extreme cases)  if they do not.  Mr Doncaster, being legally qualified, will be quite clear as to what the Company responsibilities are in this matter.

The first duty of any administrator is to prepare a report saying whether or not the directors have taken proper steps under Company Law to protect the creditors.  He is required by law to prepare this report.

Personally I cannot imagine Delia and Co walking away from the club just to spite someone.  Whatever her failings as a football director I do not believe for one moment that she would do such a thing.

Mr Doncaster tells us that you are up to date with your payments to HMRC which is more than many clubs are in your Division and elsewhere - a number owe millions and quite where this  is coming from.  It is somewhat ironic I think that you possibly have less money for players than other clubs who have ignored their tax payments and spent the money on the field.

I don''t have access to any Norwich City secrets but I don''t believe you are anywhere near Administration and even if you were unfortunate enough to be relegated I still don''t believe that it would result in that.

Southampton are in far more desperate straits, Watford aren''t too healthy and Charlton look as if they might have to visit League One - and their debt is around £40m.  A consortium did  make a formal offer but after examing the Charlton books  they have not been seen since.

On another thread someone suggested that Mr Cullum had pulled out because he was not allowed to examine the Norwich City "books".  The boring rules, as I understand, are quite clear.  Once he has acquired 30 per cent of the current shares he has to convert that into a formal offer and he can then legally inspect the books and call in his own experts to do so.  Until that stage is reached he cannot - otherwise companies would look at  rival company accounts all the time which is clearly nonsense.  The rule of put up or shut up as I call it.  Try looking at the Towergate books without making an offer for his Company!

A company making a so called "hostile bid" (acquiring shares on the stealth to keep it simple) is NOT entitled to see the company books at any time.  That''s why hostile bids are fairly rare - if there is anything nasty in the cupboards you won''t find out until you have bought it.

If Mr Cullum had been serious about taking over Norwich City PLC he could have made a formal offer (however derisory) for the shares of Delia and Michael and it would then have become a matter of public debate in which the fans might or might not have played a part.  He did not make any formal offer. He could have done so.  You cannot acquire a controlling interest in a PLC company under the City Code without doing so and signing a formal agreement, and providing Guarantees, that you are able to repay any existing loan agreements that you have or any payments that become immediately repayable (not just a promise - the money actually has to change hands) - the Turners are in for a couple of million I believe - on a change of Ownership.

I have a Business Overdraft Agreement with the Nat West.  If I were to sell the business the loan becomes immediately repayable - it would NOT be an agreement I could transfer to anyone else.  The purchaser might take out exactly the same Agreement with exactly the same bank after he had purchased it but the Nat West would want the original money back first and then (or not) strike the same agreement on the same terms with a different name.

This isn''t John or Abdul at the corner shop in Costessey doing a private cash deal and you turning up on Monday morning wondering who John or Abdul is with "Under New Management" (hopefully printed by one of Smudger''s printers) on the window.

It is a PLC.  If he had really wanted it he could have battled for it. For whatever reason he chose not to do so but I would be quite surprised if he was taken aback by the Corporate Might of Delia, Michael and Neil Doncaster.  And at least some members of your Board met him face to face but he will not disclose who.

It must be said that neither Mr C or Delia will be interviewed on this by a national newspaper where, I believe, they might have been the subject of more searching questions than currently directed at either locally.  I believe he confined his "exclusive" (if not sensational) revelations to the EDP for a reason but that''s just me being cynical.  He could have taken on Delia nationally if he had wanted to do so.  We gave both the opportunity: both declined.  Why we cannot say!

Personally, I am deeply suspicious of anyone (not aimed specifically at Cullum) conducting negotiations for a PLC through a newspaper.  Hints can be dropped yes but not gloves thrown down. Anyway, that''s just me.  We''ve [Cam's news agency] got a LONG list of questions we''d like to ask both but neither are in the mood, apparently. In fairness, both may be distracted.

That''s it I think.  I have word limit 2750 to write about The Tsar''s Bride by the great Nikolay Andreyovich Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908) for the programme notes in Osnabruck in June of this year. "We are most interested in the origins of Russian culture and if your notes can reflect the Russian influences in this score it would be particularly appropriate and most welcome."

Game on! Which, at the moment, does not appear to be the case between Towergate and Norwich City PLC.

• Like 3

Going back to Wiz wasn't he involved with the now defunct Yarmouth Yellows who had shall we say a black hole in their accounts which resulted in his resignation ?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Going back to Wiz wasn't he involved with the now defunct Yarmouth Yellows who had shall we say a black hole in their accounts which resulted in his resignation ?

Their match day experience reports were excellent. Some chap called Eavsy wrote them ? 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Their match day experience reports were excellent. Some chap called Eavsy wrote them ? 

Ahh, what a dynamic duo they were at Yarmouth Yellows, ‘Saint Wiz and Eavsy’

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Ahh, what a dynamic duo they were at Yarmouth Yellows, ‘Saint Wiz and Eavsy’

Your a fan too. Did you travel to matches with them ? 

Who is the man that set up a Norwich Kitty website to raise money for transfer funds only for David McNally to confirm that the club didn't receive any of it? Think it was around the time we were in League 1 and amounted to thousands. 

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Pick any big thread from a few years ago and most of the posters are inactive. 

Most people post on twitter or Facebook these days. 

Good luck to them.....but in my experience of looking in on facebook fan sites and twitter, the level of conversation is often puerile and abusive.  At least genuine and in depth conversations can be had on this forum, even thought htere is a certain amount of low level posting on here at times too.  Maybe one day you tube, twitter and facebook will actually do something about abusive language.....and at least there is a modicum of moderation on here which is good - keeps it from getting out of hand.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Good luck to them.....but in my experience of looking in on facebook fan sites and twitter, the level of conversation is often puerile and abusive.  At least genuine and in depth conversations can be had on this forum, even thought htere is a certain amount of low level posting on here at times too.  Maybe one day you tube, twitter and facebook will actually do something about abusive language.....and at least there is a modicum of moderation on here which is good - keeps it from getting out of hand.

Its far more civilised on here

Just now, lake district canary said:

I agree, I much prefer a forum. The kids today just don't do forums though! 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

But of course there's some who now post under a different name...

Yes, not many though. You'd get 100+ different usernames posting on some of the big threads ten years ago. Now it's more like a core of 50 to 100 posters in total. 

Would take a scramble for Wembley tickets to see it that busy again. 

23 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Your a fan too. Did you travel to matches with them ? 

Only go to matches with friends and family. Saw them in the away end at Leicester in the promotion season under Lambert, what a performance that was. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I agree, I much prefer a forum. The kids today just don't do forums though! 

Kids these days don't know they're born....mobile encyclopedias in the shape of smart phones/lap tops/tablets and computers where knowledge is at your fingertips instead of inside your brain are leading to a dumbed down youth that is scary.  A lot of kids don't even help do chores around the house any more to give them a good perspective on what they will face in adulthood.  Never mind, in a few years, they will all be going around in driverless cars and living off ready meals. Maybe zombie apocolypse is not so far fetched an  idea after all........

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Kids these days don't know they're born....mobile encyclopedias in the shape of smart phones/lap tops/tablets and computers where knowledge is at your fingertips instead of inside your brain are leading to a dumbed down youth that is scary.  A lot of kids don't even help do chores around the house any more to give them a good perspective on what they will face in adulthood.  Never mind, in a few years, they will all be going around in driverless cars and living off ready meals. Maybe zombie apocolypse is not so far fetched an  idea after all........

Yup.....not long before we have a Pixar's 'Wall-E' generation.....

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Yup.....not long before we have a Pixar's 'Wall-E' generation.....

Mark my words, ot won't be long before people are getting implants to control technology so they don;t have to use their hands/fingers at all.  Technology - or the use of it - will turn us into vegetables.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Mark my words, ot won't be long before people are getting implants to control technology so they don;t have to use their hands/fingers at all.  Technology - or the use of it - will turn us into vegetables.

It's already happening................ Sweden is full of Swedes 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/02/2020 at 17:10, The Bristol Nest said:

Yep Olano. Well done! He was on Norwich City Mad prior to this forum as was Daly. Genuine fan. 

Remember the site it got quite hairy at times

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

......and Turkey........?

Sweden is full of Swedes  and Turkeys?

Edited by wcorkcanary

58 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Sweden is full of Swedes  and Turkeys?

Yup and Capri is full of retro Ford sporty 2 door saloon cars........

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I heard a man on the radio last week saying that learning foreign languages is a waste of time because we will soon have translators in our ears. He also claimed we are around 40 years away from being able to talk to dogs.