Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Bill/City1st

14 hours ago, Pugin said:

Cameldonum was capable of random acts of kindness. Over a long period of time, I was working on pulling together a lifetime's memories from a reasonably well-know ex-Football League manager who had enjoyed several eventful decades inside the game at various clubs. It was a labour of love, not a commercial project.

There came a point where the fans of one of the clubs he had managed decided that they wanted to fun-raise to erect a permanent  tribute at their stadium.

Completely unprompted, and requesting no publicity, Ian offered to pay the difference between the sum needed and the sum raised.  True to his word, a reasonably large cheque arrived enabling the project to get over the line.

Nutty Nigel - he always said he never touched alcohol, but I much prefer your idea that he got through the night with the help of a warming whiskey 🙂

One thing is sure - he was a colourful character and a man of many parts.

Ian?

9 hours ago, king canary said:

Here is your top 8...

Annotation 2020-02-24 082205.png

And never a duff post in all my time.😐😳

Whatever happened to WAY49?

42 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Someone’s missing from that list.

Waveney's numerous accounts, if put together?

15 hours ago, Pugin said:

Nutty Nigel - he always said he never touched alcohol, but I much prefer your idea that he got through the night with the help of a warming whiskey 🙂

One thing is sure - he was a colourful character and a man of many parts.

I will always imagine him like that though. 🙃

He was right about so many things. Even the last emails he sent me in 2014 he knew we'd return to the Premier League.

I remember him threatening to write a series of articles about this message board and it's inhabitants. Wiz got most upset. I wish he'd done it. Perhaps it could have been serialised for tv. Would be more fun than Midland's soaps and love island.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 23/02/2020 at 17:59, A Load of Squit said:

I always enjoyed the mad bloke from Norway who claimed to be a professional gambler and whenever he visited the UK he used to go and watch Arsenal because Norwich was too far away from London.

Me too. He was the one who could see what happened better than anyone else because his TV was so big. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

Me too. He was the one who could see what happened better than anyone else because his TV was so big. 

Grefstad

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Grefstad

Wasn’t he the obnoxious arrogant Norwegian who was always bragging about how much money he made playing poker or something? (in between watching Arsenal games of course)

2 hours ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

He was brilliant and awful in equal measure.

The TV thing was fantastic though.

On 23/02/2020 at 00:30, Alex Moss said:

Finally the (sad) answer to an age old missing poster mystery, thank you Pugin. I seem to vaguely remember now that he’d not been in the best of health during the latter part of his Pink’un posting days. In the link below, well in the comments section anyway, somebody points out that he was both a Colchester and Lincoln supporter, no mention of NCFC but I remember the Colchester link but it makes me wonder what interest he had in a message board for Norwich City supporters? Anyway, sorry to hear the news, but thanks for the info Pugin 👍🏼. RIP Cameldonum

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/former-sun-news-editor-alan-watkins-described-as-a-legend-in-the-industry-after-his-death-aged-74/

Thanks for the link Alex and NBS, I really enjoyed learning a little about Cam and the tributes from those who had worked with him in Fleet Street were fascinating and touching. 

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hogesar said:

He was brilliant and awful in equal measure.

The TV thing was fantastic though.

Seeing the whole pitch gave him a greater knowledge and understanding of the game:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Wiz was great fun. There was another genuine Norwegian on here with a name beginning with O who loved his once a year trip to CR.

Yep I remember him though the name evades me now, you have a very good memory, Bristol! And I think it did begin with ‘O’ too. He actually came over for Saints away probably about 8-10 years ago or so now, it was his yearly game and I met him outside the ground before the match as he was struggling to get his tickets or something, so I helped him sort it out. Think we lost 1-0 in like the 93rd minute or something infuriatingly - felt sorry for the lad but not my fault Srbeny and Rupp weren’t playing for us then

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

This must be a tad embarrassing for those who insisted Cam was fake...

I have far, far too much time on my hands at the moment, so I have spent part of the day trawling the web to find Cameldonum's finest moments from years ago on the various  football and non-football sites he frequented.

I started out looking for the old BBC 606 message board because I seem to remember that Cam and 1stWizard featured on there.  I was hoping for some 1stWizard humour too, but I am not sure he was ever funny. Unfortunately, all records seem to have gone. Not surprising maybe, as the BBC closed the site down because they were worried about providing a platform where libellous attacks were commonplace.

Anyhow, I have found some genuinely funny items from Cam without even starting to look at this forum. As soon as I get home and on a decent PC, probably a week on Monday, I will get two or three examples posted on here as a tribute to the old boy. Bear with me!

Edited by Pugin
  • Thanks 1

On 24/02/2020 at 19:13, nutty nigel said:

I remember him threatening to write a series of articles about this message board and it's inhabitants. Wiz got most upset. I wish he'd done it. Perhaps it could have been serialised for tv. Would be more fun than Midland's soaps and love island.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Crikey, there’s some blasts from the past, Lapps!

Tangie, WAY (lovely lady, used to speak to her a lot, hope she’s well), Yankee, Attleborough, BlahBlahBlah, Herb, MrChimp, Brendo, FilletTheFishWife, Mike, MuddyFunster, Shack Attack etc etc

I wonder where they all are now?

Wow, that is from a very weird time.

From what I remember Wiz was genuinely hugely unpleasant about Gunn's teenage daughter and deserved all the stick he got.

13 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Crikey, there’s some blasts from the past, Lapps!

Tangie, WAY (lovely lady, used to speak to her a lot, hope she’s well), Yankee, Attleborough, BlahBlahBlah, Herb, MrChimp, Brendo, FilletTheFishWife, Mike, MuddyFunster, Shack Attack etc etc

I wonder where they all are now?

Robbie Cowling. What an odious little man.

I hadn't thought about him for ages, then noticed not long ago that Col Who were playing host to Farage's Brexit Party, not long before we exited.

Makes sense. I wonder if they all went to Wetherspoon's afterwards?

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Wow, that is from a very weird time.

From what I remember Wiz was genuinely hugely unpleasant about Gunn's teenage daughter and deserved all the stick he got.

That does ring a bell, Kingo - I cant honestly remember what that was all about, perhaps someone with a better memory can expand on that. I had some proper disagreements with Dave (or ‘Wiz’), I think most of us did back then to be fair. He had a habit of coming out with some quite nasty stuff at times, he certainly more than pushed the boundaries on more than one (add some noughts to that) occasion. I’m not sure how he’d feel about the German revolution here nowadays, he would certainly be pro-Brexit if you catch my drift, but I can imagine that this message board would be seeing a lot more heated discussion outside of the usual match day stuff if he was still alive.

One thing sticks in my mind, and that was an argument Wiz was involved in (surprise surprise) about one of the bricks you could buy at Carrow Rd, and being urinated on or something. Now that one he really got upset about 😂

20 hours ago, Van wink said:

Seeing the whole pitch gave him a greater knowledge and understanding of the game:classic_biggrin:

If I knew how to find it, I'd love to re-read that thread - one of the best ever on here in my opinion...

18 hours ago, Herman said:

Olano??

That’d be him, Herman! Not sure he was definitely Norwegian though, but he was certainly Scandinavian. Only a young lad, bespectacled, I’m surprised he’s not around on here anymore, hope he’s well. 

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

That does ring a bell, Kingo - I cant honestly remember what that was all about, perhaps someone with a better memory can expand on that. I had some proper disagreements with Dave (or ‘Wiz’), I think most of us did back then to be fair. He had a habit of coming out with some quite nasty stuff at times, he certainly more than pushed the boundaries on more than one (add some noughts to that) occasion. I’m not sure how he’d feel about the German revolution here nowadays, he would certainly be pro-Brexit if you catch my drift, but I can imagine that this message board would be seeing a lot more heated discussion outside of the usual match day stuff if he was still alive.

One thing sticks in my mind, and that was an argument Wiz was involved in (surprise surprise) about one of the bricks you could buy at Carrow Rd, and being urinated on or something. Now that one he really got upset about 😂

I remember him insulting her weight, calling her ugly, etc etc. Just hugely nasty stuff for a grown adult to be directing at a teenage girl. He could be thoroughly unpleasant when he wanted to be.

15 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Robbie Cowling. What an odious little man.

I hadn't thought about him for ages, then noticed not long ago that Col Who were playing host to Farage's Brexit Party, not long before we exited.

Makes sense. I wonder if they all went to Wetherspoon's afterwards?

I actually got stuck in a pub one morning not so many years back with Nigel Farage. There was just himself, the landlord and myself, and for some random reason, I ended up cooking him breakfast. Actually it wasn’t random, it was the bloody Pinot Grigio 🤦🏻‍♂️😂. Not my cup of tea, no offence folks.