Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Bill/City1st

36 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Absolutely. He provided an unbiased but friendly view, with plenty of robust (perhaps too robust in the end) insights into media coverage of the club. He also provided me with a useful snippet of inforrmation when I was writing about Cullumgate, which now seems a long time ago. RIP.

He was a big fan of Roeder wasnt he? 

• Like 1

If you dig into the 'activity' part of the forum there is a table of highest post counts. First Wizard is still about 4th despite being dead a few years- old boy clearly got a lot from this forum!

Well it indeed looks as if City1st is alive and kicking because he logged in 10 hours ago if you check his profile.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well it indeed looks as if City1st is alive and kicking because he logged in 10 hours ago if you check his profile.

I mean, he also posted on this thread 10 hours ago. That was probably the biggest giveaway 

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean, he also posted on this thread 10 hours ago. That was probably the biggest giveaway 

i was looking at the reactions and quotes that had popped up on my profile since i last logged in and had not looked at the actual thread.Pugin had quoted me on this thread but Christ alive i really do not have to justify anything to you of all people. I don't spend all day everyday reading all the posts on here. Of course i hope that is Ok with you and as you are here maybe you would care to explain why you started that thread 3 in 6 when you could so easily added it to the multi page thread Srbeny off which you had multi posted on ? However i think i know why and so do you.

Edited by TIL 1010

11 hours ago, Bill said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Msnt4lLm-g

greetings.............................snot pickers

I'm rather touched...................................... (well you already knew that)

picked up a text telling me there was a thread on the pinkun

rather embarrassed and touched by the comments, so some of you (some of you) will be pleased to know I'm all ok

long story, and as it's late and I've just got back to the hotel after a gruesome dinner I shall post next week

again thanks for the comments.... rather hit me to be honest 😢

ps check the clip on 14 secs, rather sums up my thoughts - shame some took it too literally

Oh no! He's back 😉

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

i was looking at the reactions and quotes that had popped up on my profile since i last logged in and had not looked at the actual thread.Pugin had quoted me on this thread but Christ alive i really do not have to justify anything to you of all people. I don't spend all day everyday reading all the posts on here. Of course i hope that is Ok with you and as you are here maybe you would care to explain why you started that thread 3 in 6 when you could so easily added it to the multi page thread Srbeny off which you had multi posted on ? However i think i know why and so do you.

Erm

It was a joke?

Chill Til.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Erm

It was a joke?

Chill Til.

Benny  Till in sense of humour failure shock!!!!!  

A shock  to some, maybe. 

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Erm

It was a joke?

Chill Til.

Maybe you should have made use of an emoticon like most posters do then. 😜

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe you should have made use of an emoticon like most posters do then. 😜

Or send Benny a pm 24 hrs in advance  to warn of incoming humour. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Or send Benny a pm 24 hrs in advance  to warn of incoming humour. 

Unless of course there was an agenda.

59 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A touch over sensitive. 

Great. The most argumentative troll on the forum returns. Deep joy....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JF said:

Easy answer is don't chuck insults around. The internet of course allows it.

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think the 'agenda' as you so preciously call it is to discuss footy ,  have a laugh and above all , take a leg pulling like a (dare I say it) Man. Jeez fella lighten up. No one is having a real dig. It's just sunday morning Craic.  

Have included an emoticon so as to make it clear to everyone  that this post is not in any way intended  to offend.🤮

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JF said:

He'd defo get 🥇in the 'most argumentative troll on the forum' award category; that said, there'd be plenty of competition for🥈 and 🥉prizes...

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Another agenda? You never did get round to answering my question... guess you must have missed that post too 😉

Seriously, lighten up a bit!

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Another agenda? You never did get round to answering my question... guess you must have missed that post too 😉

Seriously, lighten up a bit!

Selective reading is everymans right!! As is selective hearing. Pardon? I hear you say....or did I (he). Would love to be ITK about this agenda thing. Maybe I have selective knowledge  too. Handy sometimes for  the old ' I have no idea what you're on about' defence.

😂emoticon as requested...to sanitise the post, like. 😉

21 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I did have the 'honour' of being told by him that I wasn't actually me but rather another poster pretending to be me (if that makes any sense). 

I never did find out who I was supposed to be. I was hoping I might turn out to be Ricardo;  I'll probably turn out to be Nuff Said... 

OTBC

I’m Nuff Said and so’s my wife.

15 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

That had to be Wiz or Cluck I’m guessing, GPB?

Edit - must be Wiz as I don’t think it was ever confirmed what happened to Cluck, although to this day I still am absolutely certain I had a random meeting with him at a pub in Dorset. I think that was around the time all Pink’un moderators started their usernames with the prefix ‘Sportsdesk’, and one day Cluck changed his name to ‘Sportsdesk Cluck’ which didn’t go down too well with the mods haha 😂

Don’t forget Arthur Whittle, another poster who has sadly left us for the Carrow Road in the sky. He was always ready for an argument. I used to enjoy his plaintive excuses when he said his nephews had been posting using his account. I still have no idea whether it was true, or just an excuse to backtrack on going OTT.

• Haha 1

I always enjoyed the mad bloke from Norway who claimed to be a professional gambler and whenever he visited the UK he used to go and watch Arsenal because Norwich was too far away from London.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Thanks for this slim.

I posted before that I feared the worst after a similar thread on here. Cam sent me a lovely email after we were relegated in 2014 and we exchanged a few more emails . When he was mentioned on here a few years later I emailed him but got no reply.

While he was posting in here he always took part in Rays Funds but would never make the final picks because he said that should be for Norwich fans.

Me and Ray always imagined him posting on here late at night while having a single malt.

RIP Cam

• Like 1

16 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Does anyone know what happened to BlyBlyBabes?

Definitely fear the worst with this one. We never agreed but I really enjoyed the exchanges. 

On 23/02/2020 at 18:09, nutty nigel said:

Thanks for this slim.

I posted before that I feared the worst after a similar thread on here. Cam sent me a lovely email after we were relegated in 2014 and we exchanged a few more emails . When he was mentioned on here a few years later I emailed him but got no reply.

While he was posting in here he always took part in Rays Funds but would never make the final picks because he said that should be for Norwich fans.

Me and Ray always imagined him posting on here late at night while having a single malt.

RIP Cam

Cameldonum was capable of random acts of kindness. Over a long period of time, I was working on pulling together a lifetime's memories from a reasonably well-know ex-Football League manager who had enjoyed several eventful decades inside the game at various clubs. It was a labour of love, not a commercial project.

There came a point where the fans of one of the clubs he had managed decided that they wanted to fun-raise to erect a permanent  tribute at their stadium.

Completely unprompted, and requesting no publicity, *Ian offered to pay the difference between the sum needed and the sum raised.  True to his word, a reasonably large cheque arrived enabling the project to get over the line.

Nutty Nigel - he always said he never touched alcohol, but I much prefer your idea that he got through the night with the help of a warming whiskey 🙂

One thing is sure - he was a colourful character and a man of many parts.

Edit - Oops. *Alan, not Ian! Thanks to Norfolkbroadslim for pointing this error out.

Although Cam was smart enough to see into the future so he was bit of a Lost Prophet in his own way.

Edited by Pugin
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, king canary said:

If you dig into the 'activity' part of the forum there is a table of highest post counts. First Wizard is still about 4th despite being dead a few years- old boy clearly got a lot from this forum!

Who’s top ? 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Who’s top ? 

Quality is more Important than quantity(except goals) Midlando, so dont get any funny ideas! 

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Quality is more Important than quantity(except goals) Midlando, so dont get any funny ideas! 

A rational reply but I was just curious.

22 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

A rational reply but I was just curious.

Can I assume from your use of the past tense that you are no longer curious? 

Midlando is no longer a curious fellow. There , I've said it, but is it true?