Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Bill/City1st

What happened to this chap that posted on here daily for years until a few months ago, he seems to have disappeared into thin air? I know posters come and go on here, but he was a regular fixture, so I find it unusual. I know he had his spats on here, but was just wondering if anyone knows if he’s ok? 

Last posted on November 20th with all guns blazing in his usual style so it does seem rather strange.

I was wondering the same thing. We normally know why most frequent posters who disappear have gone, but not with Bill. (And I’m not him just in case Indy suggests it again!)

• Haha 1

After all the abuse he handed out to pro-Brexit posters and his gleeful assertions Brexit wouldn’t happen he woke up to find the election result had handed him a gigantic kick to the gonads. Like all bullies he slinked away to hide rather than face the consequences of his vile attitude to others on here. Not missed and hopefully it stays that way.  W

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I was wondering the same thing. We normally know why most frequent posters who disappear have gone, but not with Bill. (And I’m not him just in case Indy suggests it again!)

Oh yes you are! 👍😂

10 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

After all the abuse he handed out to pro-Brexit posters and his gleeful assertions Brexit wouldn’t happen he woke up to find the election result had handed him a gigantic kick to the gonads. Like all bullies he slinked away to hide rather than face the consequences of his vile attitude to others on here. Not missed and hopefully it stays that way.  W

Calls someone a bully. Then labels someone he’s never met a ‘wan ker’. Self awareness not your strong point is it lad? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I think Bill was banned before the GE and Brexit. 

Maybe his ban has expired and he has chosen not to return. As much as he was an irascible individual, I wish him no ill and would like to him post again.

Didn’t really follow the Brexit thread, ironically the salvation of football was a nice escape from it, so didn’t see what Bill was up to on that thread. I didn’t get the impression he was a bad bloke or anything, was friendly enough to me, just like all of us I guess in that we all have our disagreements on here at times, I’d like to think that people can disagree and ‘banter’ without it really becoming anything more than that, it’s a place to debate what we all love after all! Except that squadie bloke that wanted to scrap everyone down Riverside because NCFC weren’t giving him free tickets or something haha 🤦🏻‍♂️. Anyway, I hope the blokes ok - we’ve lost a few of our more senior posters on here over the years, and if he wasn’t someone that interacted with other posters at the games/pub then I guess we’ll never know. At least with Wiz, one of his relatives came on here to let us know. He’s not the only one of course, Houston, Cluck, Jas the Barclay King, the chap from Colchester, all disappeared into oblivion too amongst others, hope they’re ok too.

• Like 1

Let's not beat around the bush, he was a rancourous old sod. The Dennis Wise of the forum. I think many backed off from 'debates' because they could end up in pointless back and forth arguments.

And he was on the same side as me on the brexit debate.(Which, although he called the ending wrong, he was pretty much spot on on the rest of it.)😀

Edited by Herman
s c r o t e is banned

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Let's not beat around the bush, he was a rancourous old sod. The Dennis Wise of the forum. I think many backed off from 'debates' because they could end up in pointless back and forth arguments.

And he was on the same side as me on the brexit debate.(Which, although he called the ending wrong, he was pretty much spot on on the rest of it.)😀

Yep to be sure, perhaps he’s moved to Germany, now a Dortmund yellow?

For his own sake hope he doesn’t return.

Was getting himself way to wound up on the Brexit thread and crossed the line a couple of times. 

Was quite helpful with his streams mind you. Miss that

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Didn’t really follow the Brexit thread, ironically the salvation of football was a nice escape from it, so didn’t see what Bill was up to on that thread. I didn’t get the impression he was a bad bloke or anything, was friendly enough to me, just like all of us I guess in that we all have our disagreements on here at times, I’d like to think that people can disagree and ‘banter’ without it really becoming anything more than that, it’s a place to debate what we all love after all! Except that squadie bloke that wanted to scrap everyone down Riverside because NCFC weren’t giving him free tickets or something haha 🤦🏻‍♂️. Anyway, I hope the blokes ok - we’ve lost a few of our more senior posters on here over the years, and if he wasn’t someone that interacted with other posters at the games/pub then I guess we’ll never know. At least with Wiz, one of his relatives came on here to let us know. He’s not the only one of course, Houston, Cluck, Jas the Barclay King, the chap from Colchester, all disappeared into oblivion too amongst others, hope they’re ok too.

Jas the Barclay King is a regular on Facebook and by the chap from Colchester you mean Cameldonum.

• Like 1

I did have the 'honour' of being told by him that I wasn't actually me but rather another poster pretending to be me (if that makes any sense). 

I never did find out who I was supposed to be. I was hoping I might turn out to be Ricardo;  I'll probably turn out to be Nuff Said... 

OTBC

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Jas the Barclay King is a regular on Facebook and by the chap from Colchester you mean Cameldonum.

That’s the one, John - Cameldonum! Username was on the tip of my tongue. Don’t really know Jas other than from on here back in the day, and as I rarely use FB now, wasn’t aware, but pleased to hear that’s 1 of those mentioned accounted for!

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

That’s the one, John - Cameldonum! Username was on the tip of my tongue. Don’t really know Jas other than from on here back in the day, and as I rarely use FB now, wasn’t aware, but pleased to hear that’s 1 of those mentioned accounted for!

By the way Happy Birthday for today Alex. 🎂

• Thanks 1

He has been around for many years and never p1ssed me off. The embarrassment to the armed forces that was the oil rig bloke was the only t1t that I thought spoiled things although I wouldn't have banned him despite his offers to "meet for a pint". Empty vessel.

55 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

By the way Happy Birthday for today Alex. 🎂

Thanks John, much appreciated buddy! 👍🏼

24 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

He has been around for many years and never p1ssed me off. The embarrassment to the armed forces that was the oil rig bloke was the only t1t that I thought spoiled things although I wouldn't have banned him despite his offers to "meet for a pint". Empty vessel.

I think you’re thinking of Mark, if you met him for a pint you’ll find he’s a good bloke. The chap I’m thinking of wasn’t a regular, he came on a couple of times a few years back, was ex RAF or something and started some thread about not being able to get free tickets for ex servicemen when we were in the Premier League a while back or something. Funny he wasn’t interested during our Championship and League 1 days from memory. He was quite angry and confrontational to say the least when 1 or 3 posters took umbrage with his attitude, and basically just wanted a fight with everyone down Riverside who objected to his demands with a seriously bad attitude haha

4 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Calls someone a bully. Then labels someone he’s never met a ‘wan ker’. Self awareness not your strong point is it lad? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh, I’m very self aware which is why I can tell from his posts he’s a w️. I’m not but I’ m not so sure about you. 😋

• Confused 1