Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Zimmerman '95% out' for Wolves

Back to two fit central defenders and no real cover on the bench 

Who would have thought letting one of our central defensive options go without signing a replacement could come back to bite us.

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

Who would have thought letting one of our central defensive options go without signing a replacement could come back to bite us.

Fortunately Zimbo is only a 95% doubt, which where that does almost certainly rule him out for Sunday, it also suggests that it’s nothing long term, and may even be able to play later in the week. Timm back in training, he doesn’t look far away now 👍🏼

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

Two including Famewo 

Just now, curious yellow said:

Two including Famewo 

Famewo’s on loan in Scotland though (I think?), CY. If Zimbo still has a chance of playing on Sunday, even if it was just a 1% chance, then that obviously means it’s not serious or long term (unless he aggravates it in the meantime somehow, though I’m sure the club know what to do).

This could be a positive, it gives us the chance to see Hanley and Godfrey together. Sure as a professional footballer you don’t wish these things to happen, but Godfrey must think didn’t think I would get back in, in a hurry. If these 2 perform ( and stay injury free ) Zimmermann could now face the same situation as Klose last year.

I've been hoping that Godfrey and Hanley would get the chance to pair together. I think Hanley has truly earned a starting spot over Zimmerman, but obviously would have been nice if it wasn't due to Zimmerman being injured.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Yes, if only that could have been foreseen....

5 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I suspect we’d be more likely to see Tettey at CB again before we ever saw Raggett or Franke start in the Premier League

I think we sold or released Franke last summer didn’t we, KIO?

38 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I think we sold or released Franke last summer didn’t we, KIO?

That's what I mean - was in response to whoever mentioned about letting a CB go last summer coming back to haunt us.

50 minutes ago, kick it off said:

That's what I mean - was in response to whoever mentioned about letting a CB go last summer coming back to haunt us.

I'm assuming you mean me- I was talking about Amadou, not the summer sales

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm assuming you mean me- I was talking about Amadou, not the summer sales

To be honest, I was wracking my brain to think about who you meant, and I didn't even consider Amadou. He was nothing but a makeshift centre back and I doubt that he was ever intended to be used there when we signed him.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Klose is coming back to full training next week potentially.

That is good news but it is a highly risky strategy to rely on a player who hasn't kicked a ball in 6 months to just come back seemlessly.

54 minutes ago, king canary said:

That is good news but it is a highly risky strategy to rely on a player who hasn't kicked a ball in 6 months to just come back seemlessly.

Of course but I'm just saying the club is privy to Klose' condition where as we aren't. Hence that being part of the decision to let Amadou go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So who do we have cover for full back then? Byram out for the rest of the season.

Rupp for one.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So who do we have cover for full back then? Byram out for the rest of the season.

Godfrey could be cover at full back - he's played both left and right back for us before - but of course we would have to have enough central defenders fit first. (There's a hole in my bucket dear Liza, dear Liza...)