Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

To all the "Worthy Out"ers

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A load of squit"]

So far I''ve seen a small rabble after one home game and a poorly supported web site, if you can prove

[/quote]

glad to see u stayed to voice ur pro worthy opinion then squit....

we will be there again this season im sure

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas, but you weren''t there after the next home game. The point I''m making is that this ''majority'' does not seem to be consistent or passionate.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

You would get the same response from a public meeting backing worthy, for either meeting only the ''hard core'' at the extremes would attend so so your measure would be meaningless either way LOS.   The opinion polls have show support for both sides of the fence so to speak and that probbably reflects the overall feeling - its a shifting sand of anxiousness overall with no one happy with progress this year and split down the middle on the best way to proceed - the majority swaying from one side to another depending on the most recent results.

My personal experience, so for me fact but in reality as much a straw poll as any other, is that I am aware of a couple of hundred fans opinion (away from messageboards) where the over whelming majority (more than the 10:1 ratio)  feel worthys time is up and maybe a dozen feel he should stay... 

I know worthy has his fans but personal experience would suggest (inaccurately obvioulsy) that they all post on here.

The WO/KTF name calling debate is tiresome in the extreme.

[/quote]

This does not add up, you claim its more then the 10:1 ratio but these people wouldn''t turn up for a public meeting as they are not ''hard core'', how about replacing ''hard core'' for ''are not really bothered'', if you want the manager out and you believed it you should be able to motivate your supporters to demonstrate thier feelings. I think your statements in the first paragraph are nearer the truth but in the second paragraph you continue to perpetuate ''the myth of the majority'', and well done on being to remember 200 peoples opinions that must be one hell of a party trick!

As I said before one minor demo after one home game and a poorly supported web site do not a make a majority.

[/quote]Squit! All I said in my post was; that of all the fan''s I''ve spoken to at Carrow Rd - and also on my away travels. Roughly, 1 supporter out of 10, thought that we should stick with the manager! If you wish to argue the point - do all the folk who sit in close proximity to you, think that Nige is the bloke to take us forward? I bet they bleedin'' don''t!  Just relax, blow into a paper bag to control that hyperventilation, and adopt the ''lotus position'' and that doesn''t mean climbing into the driving seat of a Lotus Elan!

I don''t care what you or anyone else thinks regarding my opinion, and I''m not going to get into a slanging match with you, MadDan or your fellow ''cohorts''.........You see, I''m actually a 10 foot green lizard of ''Dimwitusrambluss'' origin - and I''ll just consume you all for lunch before taking over the world; with the rest of  my fellow ''Nigelusresignusnowus'' alien reptiles! (Dicky tasted a bit ''chewy and bitter'' by the way - and now I''ve got terrible indegestion!)! "ON THE SPUTNIK CITY!" and "TO MID TABLE NOT BEYOND!" as Buzz Doncaster might say.........and watch out for that rogue Proton torpedo! ;~)

PS. St Andrews hall is actually our ''Mother Ship''........Not good for meeting........just eating! "Buuuuurp!"

LOS - I clearly stated that my circle of fans want worthy out - however only a very small minority would want to attend anything as pompus as a public meeting - that does not make their veiw any less genuine. 

My post clearly also accepts that my circle of friends/fans MAY present a disporportionate view - but IF I took as a sample it gives a clear mandate to remove him.

As I said in my first paragraph the actual truth is probably far closer to call than either side will admit, but all you can do is take a oppsite view for no clear reason.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A load of squit"]

So far I''ve seen a small rabble after one home game and a poorly supported web site, if you can prove

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jas, but you weren''t there after the next home game. The point I''m making is that this ''majority'' does not seem to be consistent or passionate.

[/quote]

I think a lot of people are waiting to see what happens over the remainder of the season. when southampton scored the first goal of that match the discontent was massive around the stadium. Fortunatly we went on to win and have our god run. Hopefully the form will stay with us, cos otherwise the good run was just a blip.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The majority, Captain Dicky, are very worried that our time in the premiership has been wasted by worthy and we have no better squad than the one that went up. Now come on captain, even you must see we need a right midfielder

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

LOS - I clearly stated that my circle of fans want worthy out - however only a very small minority would want to attend anything as pompus as a public meeting - that does not make their veiw any less genuine. 

My post clearly also accepts that my circle of friends/fans MAY present a disporportionate view - but IF I took as a sample it gives a clear mandate to remove him.

As I said in my first paragraph the actual truth is probably far closer to call than either side will admit, but all you can do is take a oppsite view for no clear reason.

[/quote]

And to add that my circle of friends also do not beleive worthy will take us forward, nor do many of the people i sit near.

Maybe we all know each other!!! maybe us worthy outers just dont realise who all you guys userid''s are!!

Obviously Captain Dicky and all his mates (cough) are worthy fans

I''ve just read your reply to me and, clearly, don''t understand the article, do you? 

Don''t you see that the majority of this frivolous piece by Colin W has its legs taken out by the last couple of lines! That''s the whole point and what makes the ''overwhelming thrust'' fizzle out! Have another look, and if you still don''t understand it, let me know.  

" lets see where we finish and in the end Mad Dan , the buck stops with the manager if he cannot get what should have been a top 6 side, into the play-offs he should go, better signings and better tactics and we would be there now. "

So what''s it to be Paul ? A bit of a climb down there from the usual sack him now stance of your fellow malcontents. Either he is as rubbish as they state and so should go immediately or he has the ability to achieve what we want and hope for.

For you to propose that we wait and see suggests that you err towards the later. Then maybe you can then grasp what the rest of us, who ridicule the moronic bleatings of the flat earth society who has filled this board with their endless witterings, have been saying.

We are not pro Worthy,Keep the faith or any other idiotic label attached to us. We are pro the club.

We see where it appears to be going wrong, where players don''t seem to be giving their best and where our hopes and dreams all to often lie broken before us.

The difference is that not being part of the flat earth society you do realise there is more over the horizon than what can be seen. And If that means putting trust in the board then so be it. If it means accepting that for most of the time the club will not fully avail us of all that is going on then so be it.

That''s what being a supporter is about !

Almost every other club''s supporters go through the same anguish and torment. The same believe that the gods have conspired against us, and us alone.

That''s football

And if you think it ain''t like that then you are in the wrong sport, If you think that we have a divine right to be in the Premiership then you are at the wrong club. And if you think that chuntering on here day in day out with your endless self pitying whining is going to change things then you are on the wrong board.

So why don''t you accept that things are as they are at the moment and get behind the team, the club and the vast majority of us who also see it that way and give it your best shot to get us up.

And if we don''t get promoted there''s at least one thing that will be certain. It weren''t because of anything that you didn''t do.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Cantley, in that case shouldn''t we still be watching football under Hamilton, why did he go?  [/quote]

We might be. My point is that the "Worthy out" stuff started even before we were relegated last season. If things had gone differently in just one match, we''d be up there and West Brom would be down here. That''s a very narrow boundary between success and failure.

Is it really worth moaning about it now ? He''s not going to go this season , the board won''t sack him and there''s not a sufficent number of people who want him out to cause a massive demonstration or protest. I personally don''t want him here anymore but I''m backing him and the club because this is what we have to make do with this season, all the worthy outers should just put their protests on the back burner until the end of the season and then I think your feelings will be a lot more noted should we not achieve a play off place or whatever.

Of my circle of City supporters, we only disagree on one thing: timing. The one thing we seem to be united on is that none of us want NW to lead us into another season. I would describe none of us as hysterical, reactionary or fickle but all have been worn down by 18 months of underachievement.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Thats an interesting Freudian slip, you have a ''circle of fans'', do you secretly wish your life is like the Brylcreem ads during SoccerAM?

If any of you were passionate about getting rid of the manager you''d organise yourselves, all you are doing on here is wasting your time, the truth is when its time do anything constructive you''ll skulk off with your heads bowed because none of you have the b&lls to really do anything apart from post on here.

[quote user="MadDan"]" lets see where we finish and in the end Mad Dan , the buck stops with the manager if he cannot get what should have been a top 6 side, into the play-offs he should go, better signings and better tactics and we would be there now. " So what''s it to be Paul ? A bit of a climb down there from the usual sack him now stance of your fellow malcontents. Either he is as rubbish as they state and so should go immediately or he has the ability to achieve what we want and hope for. For you to propose that we wait and see suggests that you err towards the later. Then maybe you can then grasp what the rest of us, who ridicule the moronic bleatings of the flat earth society who has filled this board with their endless witterings, have been saying. We are not pro Worthy,Keep the faith or any other idiotic label attached to us. We are pro the club. We see where it appears to be going wrong, where players don''t seem to be giving their best and where our hopes and dreams all to often lie broken before us. The difference is that not being part of the flat earth society you do realise there is more over the horizon than what can be seen. And If that means putting trust in the board then so be it. If it means accepting that for most of the time the club will not fully avail us of all that is going on then so be it. That''s what being a supporter is about ! Almost every other club''s supporters go through the same anguish and torment. The same believe that the gods have conspired against us, and us alone. That''s football And if you think it ain''t like that then you are in the wrong sport, If you think that we have a divine right to be in the Premiership then you are at the wrong club. And if you think that chuntering on here day in day out with your endless self pitying whining is going to change things then you are on the wrong board. So why don''t you accept that things are as they are at the moment and get behind the team, the club and the vast majority of us who also see it that way and give it your best shot to get us up. And if we don''t get promoted there''s at least one thing that will be certain. It weren''t because of anything that you didn''t do.[/quote]

1) I am behind the team. I support the team, i dont boo the team (unless they truely deserve it - ie Cheltenham at home a couple of years back)

2) Worthless is inept tactically, his record in the transfer market is getting worse, we play poor football under him, he actually had to fluke his way back to a formation that worked 2 years ago!!!!

3) He will NEVER be a premiership manager, he did ok on limited resources, but has done no better with greater resources bringing in no better players than he did with less money, he values work rate over ability and in the prem you need ability.  Even with the injection of all that premiership cash our squad is no better than when we got promoted

4) Do I think he should go - YES - if the right man is around to replace him (Mike Newell''s side play good football) , but i am resigned to the fact that the board have given him to the end of the season (barring lots more appalling results) - so we wait and see where we finish.