Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

To all the "Worthy Out"ers

Read this and wish that you''d got all the way to the end of the article before opening mouth...

In the meantime, Warnock is cute enough to realise that not all change is bad. "Sometimes a manager does need to be changed. He can get stale, the players under him can get stale and when that happens the only option is to get rid of him."

WORTHY OUT.

[quote user="Cantley Canary"]Read this and hang your heads in shame[/quote]

Nigel worthington has been the most backed manager in NCFC history. i feel that many previous managers - Mike Walker, Bruce Rioch and Dave stringer to name 3 would have done a better job with the cash in hand.

Nigel has done many good things for this club but at the moment is taking us backwards not forwards. He is a ''Gary Megson'' manager - he is limited and has taken us as far as he can.

Any manager hom has a belief that aa Hughes and Safri center midfield could have taken us up is as deluded as a man whomwould choose Holt over Safri.

Of course I read it. I''m just not so myopic that I let a couple of lines negate the overwhelming thrust of the article. Just shows what you''re lacking - a sense of proportion.

The funny thing is that if Colin screws it up he''ll probably be out at the end of the season. With some it works, some it doesn''t. I''m sure Palace don''t regret making a change at christmas, West Brom likewise

Cantley, in that case shouldn''t we still be watching football under Hamilton, why did he go?  Whether he walked or was pushed, the board would have put pressure on, either way.

Every club has to make it''s own decisions and Sheff United might be promtoed, well pretty likely to be so.  We, on the other hand have had a pretty awful season and have little or no chance of going up. Warnock''s final comments probably apply at Norwich, Worthington is stale, has run out of ideas and has proved he is not up to managing a team in the Premiership.  If being in the Prem is still the board''s ambitions, they seriously need to ask whether Nigel is capable, and if not, who is?  They also need to look at this season.  We had, at the start a very small squad, with players missing in significant quarters.  We have had one run of good results, and are below the play offs in January.  Hardly a success.  Given we will lose Ashton, Green and maybe more either soon or in the summer, what sort of team will we have next year.  If Worthy and co can''t get us promoted given the massive advantages we have over other teams in this league, the board have to ask whether it is indeed time to look ahead and not backwards to former glories. 

The article is right that stability is generally the way to go and the very point I made for a year before deciding enough was enough.  

The same article also states that there does become a time when the manager needs changing to take the club on again - that is where I think NCFC are right now - others disagree.

Ask forest fans whether they regret keeping Clough for so long?  THE single best club manager in English history yet he took them down as they would not dismiss him when his time was up.   For all his faults sheepsha99er at Tahn brought in Royle at the right time and turned a relegation bound burley team ino play off contenders without wholesale squad changes.  Both Burley and Clough are two top notch managers but they had gone stale at their clubs whos performances were suffering as a result. 

I have nothing to hand my head in shame over, nor do the vast majoritty of worthyouters or keep the faithers;  we are loyal honest passionate fans wanting the best for our club but hurting at the current position the club is in.

Before the WOs   go off the deep end   , its clear that Nigel has not had the best of luck !  its been one injury after another ... no sane person can deny thats been a crucial factor ,   another factor has been the  erratic "form "  of some of our players !     take , for instance  McVeigh ,  its only in the last few games that  he`s turned the heat on ...  why couldn`t he have done this before ? 

Saying a manager has gone " stale "  masks  a horde  of  negative factors  , most of which is beyond the control of the manager !   these factors will remain when the whipping boy is sacked !!    thats why its so likely that  when said WB has gone  the following manager  loses his grip too  !  thus starting the downward spiral  ......

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="Cantley Canary"]Read this and hang your heads in shame[/quote]

What???  an article about Neil Warnock, looking to make sure he keeps his job for longer!!!  I (like many others) feel worthy isnt up to the job anymore and is taking the club in the wrong direction.

[/quote]

I don''t think you''ll find it is ''many others'', theres probably a few of you. 

''Squit'' personally thinks that those who think the manager has passed his sell by date, are a ''minority''. That is his thoughts and I respect them. Although, all the fans who I have spoken to, in the bars, bazaar''s, pubs and clubs and on the away buses and clickety clack choo choo''s, there are very few who support Nigel. A ratio of 10:1 against, if my ''maffs'' are any good. That is my opinion and, as I''m only a ''Dimwit closet rambling scummer'' my thoughts are obviously muddled/fuddled, and that I therefore must reside on the planet ''Ga Ga'' and live in an igloo on  Fruitcake Close.

I''m an honest person, I listen and read to what folk have to say. It doth bother me nought, if you''re a KTF''r or a WO''ter....... I''m just saying that I beg to differ ''Squit'' with your comment, that a minority are wanting Nigel to go.

I base my personal opinion on the performance of the manager over the past 18+ months. It isn''t a knee-jerk reaction in my eye''s, it''s there in black & white. As for the Warnock thingummy? Yeah whatever........The man''s more a mentalist than ''wot I iz''......Keep posting! ;~)  

[quote user="sheded"]

Before the WOs   go off the deep end   , its clear that Nigel has not had the best of luck !  its been one injury after another ... no sane person can deny thats been a crucial factor ,   another factor has been the  erratic "form "  of some of our players !     take , for instance  McVeigh ,  its only in the last few games that  he`s turned the heat on ...  why couldn`t he have done this before ? 

Saying a manager has gone " stale "  masks  a horde  of  negative factors  , most of which is beyond the control of the manager !   these factors will remain when the whipping boy is sacked !!    thats why its so likely that  when said WB has gone  the following manager  loses his grip too  !  thus starting the downward spiral  ......

[/quote]

"take , for instance  McVeigh ,  its only in the last few games that  he`s turned the heat on ...  why couldn`t he have done this before ?  "

well he was barely played early this season, and as some analysis posted before proved, our record with him in the team was far superior to without him.

I am not sure it is just about going stale, worthys transfer dealings have been appalling recently, leaving an unbalanced squad.  I would say let worthy have his chance to learn from his mistakes and hopefully get into the play offs, there is no point sacking him now - unless results go back to those before our *blip* in december - as getting the right new man in at this time of year would be very difficult.

I feel worthy did a great job getting rid of the dead wood at norwich, signed a few decent players, stabilised the club, produced a masterstroke in Huckerby, Crouch and Harper (if only he had signed up too being RM) but has since failed to build, he has reverted to type, started signing dead wood, shown himself to be naive in the premiership, and naive on relegation. he talks of young hungry players but does not sign them!!!

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="sheded"]

Before the WOs   go off the deep end   ,

its clear that Nigel has not had the best of luck !  its been one

injury after another ... no sane person can deny thats been a crucial

factor ,   another factor has been the  erratic "form

"  of some of our players !     take , for

instance  McVeigh ,  its only in the last few games

that  he`s turned the heat on ...  why couldn`t he have done

this before ? 

Saying a manager has gone " stale "  masks  a

horde  of  negative factors  , most of which is beyond

the control of the manager !   these factors will remain when

the whipping boy is sacked !!    thats why its so likely

that  when said WB has gone  the following manager 

loses his grip too  !  thus starting the downward

spiral  ......

[/quote]

"take , for instance  McVeigh ,  its only in the

last few games that  he`s turned the heat on ...  why

couldn`t he have done this before ?  "

well he was barely played early this season, and as some analysis

posted before proved, our record with him in the team was far superior

to without him.

I am not sure it is just about going stale, worthys transfer

dealings have been appalling recently, leaving an unbalanced

squad.  I would say let worthy have his chance to learn from his

mistakes and hopefully get into the play offs, there is no point

sacking him now - unless results go back to those before our *blip* in

december - as getting the right new man in at this time of year would be very difficult.

I feel worthy did a great job getting rid of the dead wood at

norwich, signed a few decent players, stabilised the club, produced a

masterstroke in Huckerby, Crouch and Harper (if only he had signed up

too being RM) but has since failed to build, he has reverted to type,

started signing dead wood, shown himself to be naive in the

premiership, and naive on relegation. he talks of young hungry players

but does not sign them!!!

[/quote]

It''s all very well saying worthy has shown himself to be naive in the

prem and naive on relegation from it, but isn''t that to be expected

from a manager who has never before managed in the prem or jad to

adjust to relegation from it??? I agree with your prior point - give

him the chance to learn from his mistakes.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

''Squit'' personally thinks that those who think the manager has passed his sell by date, are a ''minority''. That is his thoughts and I respect them. Although, all the fans who I have spoken to, in the bars, bazaar''s, pubs and clubs and on the away buses and clickety clack choo choo''s, there are very few who support Nigel. A ratio of 10:1 against, if my ''maffs'' are any good. That is my opinion and, as I''m only a ''Dimwit closet rambling scummer'' my thoughts are obviously muddled/fuddled, and that I therefore must reside on the planet ''Ga Ga'' and live in an igloo on  Fruitcake Close.

I''m an honest person, I listen and read to what folk have to say. It doth bother me nought, if you''re a KTF''r or a WO''ter....... I''m just saying that I beg to differ ''Squit'' with your comment, that a minority are wanting Nigel to go.

I base my personal opinion on the performance of the manager over the past 18+ months. It isn''t a knee-jerk reaction in my eye''s, it''s there in black & white. As for the Warnock thingummy? Yeah whatever........The man''s more a mentalist than ''wot I iz''......Keep posting! ;~)  

[/quote]

If this is the case (i.e. a ratio of 10:1) and there are so many of you hire St. Andrews Hall and hold a public meeting, you can''t keep making unsubstantiated claims and not expect someone to challenge them. So far I''ve seen a small rabble after one home game and a poorly supported web site, if you can prove to me that it is the majority who want him out then I''ll accept it.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

If this is the case (i.e. a ratio of 10:1) and there are so many of you hire St. Andrews Hall and hold a public meeting, you can''t keep making unsubstantiated claims and not expect someone to challenge them. So far I''ve seen a small rabble after one home game and a poorly supported web site, if you can prove to me that it is the majority who want him out then I''ll accept it.

[/quote]

Actually squit even the NCISA - prudence in the extreme, where at one point this season calling for his head.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually squit even the NCISA - prudence in the extreme, where at one point this season calling for his head.

[/quote]

Still doesn''t prove the 10:1 ratio theory or that you are the majority, call a public meeting and prove it.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

well we will see how well he has done come the end of the season.... then we can truely judge this season''s performances and signings.

[/quote]

Is this an example of the depth of feeling for getting rid of the manager? When challenged to prove you are in the majority you reply with lets wait till the end of the season.

One of you bunch of WO''s must feel strongly enough to organise yourselves and get some action now. 

You would get the same response from a public meeting backing worthy, for either meeting only the ''hard core'' at the extremes would attend so so your measure would be meaningless either way LOS.   The opinion polls have show support for both sides of the fence so to speak and that probbably reflects the overall feeling - its a shifting sand of anxiousness overall with no one happy with progress this year and split down the middle on the best way to proceed - the majority swaying from one side to another depending on the most recent results.

My personal experience, so for me fact but in reality as much a straw poll as any other, is that I am aware of a couple of hundred fans opinion (away from messageboards) where the over whelming majority (more than the 10:1 ratio)  feel worthys time is up and maybe a dozen feel he should stay... 

I know worthy has his fans but personal experience would suggest (inaccurately obvioulsy) that they all post on here.

The WO/KTF name calling debate is tiresome in the extreme.

Just because one prat survives the sack and gets a team into a good promotion, doen''t mean another will. Worthington has made too many bad signings, his tactics are questionalbe and predictable and he lacks the motivation and man management skills needed at this level.

Admititdly the players have not given 100% in every game, and although this cannot be all blamed on Worthy, he can certainly take some of the flack for it.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

well we will see how well he has done come the end of the season.... then we can truely judge this season''s performances and signings.

[/quote]

Is this an example of the depth of feeling for getting rid of the manager? When challenged to prove you are in the majority you reply with lets wait till the end of the season.

One of you bunch of WO''s must feel strongly enough to organise yourselves and get some action now. 

[/quote]

to be honest squit i dont no who cliamed 10 to 1, but there are a large amount of people unhappy, but hey the jury is out, and another half a season like this disgraceful first half of a season and any more appalling signings and I dont think it will be long before he is gone.  Lets hope we make the play-offs eh.

To say that we have had bad luck to be in this position is rubbish, We just dont have good enough players. If Ashton or Hucks were out for most of the season that has passed I would probably agree. Having said that where would we be now if they had?

Here''s a couple of questions then. Would you agree that worthington would of been sacked by now if he had''nt got us promoted?

Did we have any injuries the season we did get promoted?

Would we have got promoted that season if huckerby was injured?

Would you agree that worthy has got lucky to get us promoted?

Should he still be here?

The last one is just there for humour!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

You would get the same response from a public meeting backing worthy, for either meeting only the ''hard core'' at the extremes would attend so so your measure would be meaningless either way LOS.   The opinion polls have show support for both sides of the fence so to speak and that probbably reflects the overall feeling - its a shifting sand of anxiousness overall with no one happy with progress this year and split down the middle on the best way to proceed - the majority swaying from one side to another depending on the most recent results.

My personal experience, so for me fact but in reality as much a straw poll as any other, is that I am aware of a couple of hundred fans opinion (away from messageboards) where the over whelming majority (more than the 10:1 ratio)  feel worthys time is up and maybe a dozen feel he should stay... 

I know worthy has his fans but personal experience would suggest (inaccurately obvioulsy) that they all post on here.

The WO/KTF name calling debate is tiresome in the extreme.

[/quote]

This does not add up, you claim its more then the 10:1 ratio but these people wouldn''t turn up for a public meeting as they are not ''hard core'', how about replacing ''hard core'' for ''are not really bothered'', if you want the manager out and you believed it you should be able to motivate your supporters to demonstrate thier feelings. I think your statements in the first paragraph are nearer the truth but in the second paragraph you continue to perpetuate ''the myth of the majority'', and well done on being to remember 200 peoples opinions that must be one hell of a party trick!

As I said before one minor demo after one home game and a poorly supported web site do not a make a majority.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

to be honest squit i dont no who cliamed 10 to 1, but there are a large amount of people unhappy, but hey the jury is out, and another half a season like this disgraceful first half of a season and any more appalling signings and I dont think it will be long before he is gone.  Lets hope we make the play-offs eh.

[/quote]

Paul, I agree with your sentiments re making the play-offs and I believe we are in position to make them. Now a bit of clarification please, is a ''large amount'' the majority?

Unfortunately Mr Squit you are attempting to get a rational argument from a very irrational rabble.

Their unifying policies appears to be -

Everything is the fault of Nigel Worthington

Everything will be solved by sacking NIgel Worthington

Anyone who does not agree with the above points cannot see that there is anything wrong with the club, the players or the manager

Anyone who does not agree with above view is 100% fully in support of every action carried out by Nigel Worthington

The earth is controlled by a conspiracy of seven high green lizards

The end is nigh

We are all doomed

[quote user="A load of squit"]

So far I''ve seen a small rabble after one home game and a poorly supported web site, if you can prove

[/quote]

glad to see u stayed to voice ur pro worthy opinion then squit....

we will be there again this season im sure

jas :)

[quote user="MadDan"]Unfortunately Mr Squit you are attempting to get a rational argument from a very irrational rabble.

Their unifying policies appears to be -

Everything is the fault of Nigel Worthington

Everything will be solved by sacking NIgel Worthington

Anyone who does not agree with the above points cannot see that there is anything wrong with the club, the players or the manager

Anyone who does not agree with above view is 100% fully in support of every action carried out by Nigel Worthington

The earth is controlled by a conspiracy of seven high green lizards

The end is nigh

We are all doomed[/quote]

lets see where we finish and in the end Mad Dan , the buck stops with the manager if he cannot get what should have been a top 6 side, into the play-offs he should go, better signings and better tactics and we would be there now.

The guy is limited (and doing worse than megson when he got relegated) with arguably a stronger base of players whilst in the premiership to start from