Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Season tickets

Regardless of which league we're in next season I'm thinking of getting a season ticket. Two questions:-

1. Is there a waiting list?

2. What happens if I can't make a match? I assume I can give my ticket to a friend? Or if the game happens to be a sell out and the club could sell my seat to someone else do they reimburse anything or is it just a case of tough luck?

Many thanks.

If we stay up there may well be a waiting list but certainly not if relegated.

If we stay up (and you get a season ticket) you will have no problem selling it/giving it away.

If we are relegated, you will probably struggle to sell it/give it away unless we are on course for promotion. I have twice put mine through the ticket office whilst in the championship to sell on (you get a fiver per ticket I believe) but they have not sold them.

29 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

1. No.

2.Yes.

Nice young lady in the ticket office told me yesterday that a waiting list for season tickets opens next week 

Did buy back for the Villa game as I was in USA Hope  I will get more than £5  but no response when I left message with club re above. It’s only been 2 months since I contacted them and got message they will call back when a rep is available. 

There may not be many available.

It's getting towads the end of February and we haven't had any of the usual threads about people not renewing.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

There may not be many available.

It's getting towads the end of February and we haven't had any of the usual threads about people not renewing.

There was a number who couldn't be bothered to turn up for the Liverpool game, perhaps they will not renew.

13 minutes ago, East Rider said:

There was a number who couldn't be bothered to turn up for the Liverpool game, perhaps they will not renew.

Attendance was 27,110, so about 130 free seats in the entire stadium. 

I would suggest the availability would be generally slim, especially if you want a couple together, but best of luck to you OP 👍

24 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Attendance was 27,110, so about 130 free seats in the entire stadium. 

I would suggest the availability would be generally slim, especially if you want a couple together, but best of luck to you OP 👍

I was referring to the season ticket holders who sold/gave their tickets to those of the red persuasion :classic_biggrin:

I'm also fairly sure that the figure of 27,110 is our maximum, with segregation taking up the others

Edited by East Rider

9 hours ago, East Rider said:

I was referring to the season ticket holders who sold/gave their tickets to those of the red persuasion :classic_biggrin:

I'm also fairly sure that the figure of 27,110 is our maximum, with segregation taking up the others

All season ticket holders are counted in the attendance figure for home matches whether they attend or not or whomever has the seat.

Edited by City 2nd

1 hour ago, Malham Canary said:

When is the date that you can swap your season ticket to another part of the ground fancy moving from the snake pit to the lower Barclay? 

There is no date for “movers” week and hasn’t been for a while. I moved my seat last season from Snakepit to Barclay. Just contact the club and they will tell you what is available at the end of  the season ticket windows. I suggest you do that asap.

26 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

All season ticket holders are counted in the attendance figure for home matches whether they attend or not or whomever has the seat.

True.

I believe virtually all clubs at least in the PL include all season ticket holders and complementary tickets sold whether they turn up or not. Due to advance notice for safety planning I understand. Why they then do not give the real attendance is probably down to wanting to projecting the club in the best light possible.

Arsenal were highlighted in having many thousands less in the ground than advertised, as were that lot down the road I believe.

Season before last in August we would often quote 26/27k in the ground when it was clear there were many seats empty. Made us laugh anyway.