Godfrey          Hanley            Zimmermann

Aarons     

Tettey                      Duda

Buendia

Cantwell

Idah

Pukki         

Is it supposed to be a map of Africa?

Just watched some highlights on youtube from last season. Championship or not, anyone doubting Vrancic or Hernandez should watch and remind themselves of how good they are. Involved in so much quality stuff, and a huge amount of Pukki's goals. 

in fact, just watch the highlights anyway. We we're so, so good last year - it was ridiculous really!  

Edited by Il Pirata

10 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Just watched some highlights on youtube from last season. Championship or not, anyone doubting Vrancic or Hernandez should watch and remind themselves of how good they are. Involved in so much quality stuff, and a huge amount of Pukki's goals. 

in fact, just watch the highlights anyway. We we're so, so good last year - it was ridiculous really!  

What about Stiepermann? He was excellent last year, much of what we did well came through him too and I think written off a little too early this season. 

5 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Krul

Godfrey          Hanley            Zimmermann

Aarons     

Tettey                      Duda

Buendia

Cantwell

Idah

Pukki         

Modern art.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

What about Stiepermann? He was excellent last year, much of what we did well came through him too and I think written off a little too early this season. 

`But Steipermann wrote himself off. He started in the team at Anfield, had three good chances and smashed them wide / over. That was probably his best game of the season. Since then he has fallen short every time he's been selected, and in fairness to Farke he persevered with Marco far longer than most managers would have done. You can't pick a team on sentiment.

3 minutes ago, Pugin said:

`But Steipermann wrote himself off. He started in the team at Anfield, had three good chances and smashed them wide / over. That was probably his best game of the season. Since then he has fallen short every time he's been selected, and in fairness to Farke he persevered with Marco far longer than most managers would have done. You can't pick a team on sentiment.

I don't believe in writing a player off after a quarter / third of a season, which, in effect is the amount of time he has played. I'm not suggesting he should start - he doesn't make my starting lineup currently - but I do not think it is that simple to say he isn't good enough. If we are extolling the virtues of Hernandez and Vrancic based upon their performances last season - which is a valid position - Stiepermann, who contributed at least as much, very likely more than both of those, should also be included in that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

Isn't it amazing that the longer a player doesn't play, the better he becomes.

Equally, it's amazing how quickly people are to right players off. Even more amazing, when said players have proven themselves before. Talking off Steipermann, Hernandez and Vrancic in the same context as a narrative that aligned with the likes of Becchio and Lafferty isn't fair or accurate. 

• Like 1

Lewis change is forced other than that I think it will be the same team and arguably  should be against a good Wolves side and away. 

Id be tempted to bring in Buendia for Rupp personally, it’s a gamble as the right hand side looks far more solid with him in but Buendia creates goals. 

I don’t think there’s a wrong answer as go behind and we are odds on to lose, but we need to score goals and Buendia creates the most opportunities.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Equally, it's amazing how quickly people are to right players off. Even more amazing, when said players have proven themselves before. Talking off Steipermann, Hernandez and Vrancic in the same context as a narrative that aligned with the likes of Becchio and Lafferty isn't fair or accurate. 

None of those players deserve to be written off, they are all good players.

But who would they replace?

We must not underestimate the players that we have in the team, they are there because they have earned their place.

The job of the players not in the team is to push hard for a place and put pressure on the players in the team. Simply put, I do not think any of them have done enough to warrant a place in front of who is there. 

Nevertheless, they are still far above Becchio and Lafferty!

21 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

We were playing weaker opposition, but i'm sure you knew that. 

21 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Watch the whole matches rather than the clubs selected highlights. 

Against Championship opposition we often were hanging on in games.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2020 at 19:47, All the Germans said:

In the games he played during the first part the season he could have scored as many as 10 goals but he scuffed every shot he had.

His passing was dreadful and he never really looked that bothered so I'm not surprised he's been forgotten

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

In the games he played during the first part the season he could have scored as many as 10 goals but he scuffed every shot he had.

His passing was dreadful and he never really looked that bothered so I'm not surprised he's been forgotten

One of his early chances against Liverpool was an excellent shot which brought a great save. 

His pass led to Cantwell's goal v Man City. 

Good squad player and excellent Championship player. 

• Like 1

I really don't get your point. No, he's not the world's best CB, but there's only one person out of the 7 billion people on planet earth who is. 

Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis are worth a bundle because they are superb young players who are already playing week in, week out in the most competitive League in the world. Godfrey has already captained England U21s and Aarons has excelled when he's played for England U21s. Lewis is already a seasoned full international.  I've replied on another thread lampooning Adam Webster. He went from Bristol City to Brighton (having never played Premier League football) for £20 million. That's the market these days. 

So why did YOUNG Byram only go for £750,000? I would be delighted if we got £100M for Aarons (the real star), Godfrey and Lewis. But this is only speculation and in reality we may not get half that valuation. And that is the real market. We won't be the big fish if we go down. And the predators in the Prem will not be looking to over pay us. 

46 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And the way the Wolves are playing tonight, I think we might need a bricklayer as much a s a defence.

Wolves were very good tonight and won well.....

Wolves players are going to see this game as a chance to shine individually and put themselves in the lime light. We will as a team, have to be as committed as we can be and as we were against Liverpool. However, this time actually convert the very few chances that may come our way into goals.

Otherwise, we are likely to get spanked against them, that's for sure.

Fingers crossed. 

Wolves are beatable for sure, good team but beatable. As good a performance as I’ve seen from us this season in that first half at FCR. They did not know how to deal with us at all, we played through them like a hot knife through butter, but for some sloppy finishing we’d have been 4-0 up at the break. Buendia back in for me, we can get something from this game...

Trouble is... even an unfit Emi will have more influence than a fit Rupp.  We are not scoring goals at the moment so in my view, we need our most creative players on the pitch.

Looks like we might not see him starting on Sunday then. We did lose against Liverpool don't forget DF. Normally that means changing it a bit, no matter who the opponents were.

I just feel Wolves will give us more of a chance than Liverpool even though they are mustard when attacking. And draws are not what we need right now hpwever good they might have been at the start of the season.

But if he has been indisciplined tactically then that is another matter.

Edited by keelansgrandad

To be honest there’s a reason Vrancic, Steipermann and Hernandez aren’t getting games and that’s they aren’t deemed better than other options by those that matter! I tend to trust the coaching staff more than us on this forum!

My view is Duda doesn’t warrant his place on Sunday after the Liverpool no show, Buendia should start ahead of him, but I have a feeling Duda might start.....better show up Sunday.

Edited by Indy