Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Wolves

I know I'll get stick for this, troll allegations etc etc, but do you know what? I don't care.  It is jiust my opinion and what I think - and I would be delighted if people could stick to the subject of what team they would like to see.

Krul

Aarons  Zimmermann Hanley Lewis

Rupp  Tettey   Vrancic

Duda  Pukki

Drmic

I could agree that Maclean could play in the Vrancic position, especially if Traore plays, but would prefer Vrancic - would even consider Godfrey there specifically to counter Traore. Pukki can play very well in the position off a main striker and has played there many times during his career - and it relieves the pressure on him a bit with a striker in front of him. 

Edited by lake district canary

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I know I'll get stick for this, troll allegations etc etc, but do you know what? I don't care. 

Here we go again.

What LDC, no Stiepermann?

As we need to win games now I would get back to playing our best XI players

Krul

Aarons, Zimmerman, Hanley, Lewis

Godfrey, Trybull

Buendia, Cantwell, Vrancic

Pukki

Edited by Making Plans

No Buendia or Cantwell? That would be our player who has the most assists and our second top scorer?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Krul

Aarons Hanley zim byram

Godfrey vrancic

Duda buendia cantwell

Pukki

Byram??? Well hopefully he'll make a miraculous recovery. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I know I'll get stick for this, troll allegations etc etc, but do you know what? I don't care.  It is jiust my opinion and what I think - and I would be delighted if people could stick to the subject of what team they would like to see.

Krul

Rupp  Tettey   Vrancic

Duda  Pukki

Drmic

I could agree that Maclean could play in the Vrancic position, especially if Traore plays, but would prefer Vrancic - would even consider Godfrey there specifically to counter Traore. Pukki can play very well in the position off a main striker and has played there many times during his career - and it relieves the pressure on him a bit with a striker in front of him. 

No buendia no cantwell, pukki playing behind the striker 😂😂

Just now, hogesar said:

Without Buendia and Cantwell we might as well give Wolves the points now.

Agreed.

Krul

Aarons Zimmermann Hanley Lewis

Tettey McLean

Buendia Duda Cantwell

Pukki

Harsh on Rupp because I think he’s been decent but I do believe we need to throw everything we have at these games now in order to win.

• Like 1

This is Daniel Farke we're talking about. You can 100% guarantee he will start the same 11 against Wolves that put in a 'brave' performance against Liverpool unless his hand is forced. He never changes and it will cost us again. Buendia will be on the bench and only come on if and when Wolves go 1 or 2 up. Same story every week. 

Big Keith Scott. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daz Sparks said:

I wouldn't drop Duda from any team that plays Wolves.

Duda was the worst player against Liverpool by a mile. Completely off the pace. Doesn't deserve to start against Wolves. But he will. 

Cheers, Keith. 

• Like 1

I agree DV, I really hope Farke goes for it in these last dozen games. We’re currently just limping into relegation off the back of one goal defeats. There’s no point playing for draws, we have to win, so our most creative players have to play. This also includes making positive changes throughout the match to actually go for a win!

• Like 1

Just now, Clint said:

I agree DV, I really hope Farke goes for it in these last dozen games. We’re currently just limping into relegation off the back of one goal defeats. There’s no point playing for draws, we have to win, so our most creative players have to play. This also includes making positive changes throughout the match to actually go for a win!

All the boys worth top dollars will be getting the game time together soon.

Krul
Aarons Godfrey Hanley Lewis
Tettey Vrancic
Buendia McLean Cantwell
Pukki

That's what I'd go with (with Vrancic and McLean being able to switch positions based on the match situation), although I suspect we'll be unchanged other than Lewis coming in for Byram.

I would seriously consider letting Drmic start. Whatever the reasons Pukki has gone cold.

Like to see Vrancic start as well. 

It is a must win.

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Krul
Aarons Godfrey Hanley Lewis
Tettey Vrancic
Buendia McLean Cantwell
Pukki

That's what I'd go with (with Vrancic and McLean being able to switch positions based on the match situation), although I suspect we'll be unchanged other than Lewis coming in for Byram.

Swap out McClean for Duda and that’s my shout, we need wins so might as well go for it.

With Byram crocked, Lewis will be getting a good run now hopefully. Quite likely that will be the only change. If Buendia is fully fit, he should start ahead of Rupp, but he probably won't. Away to Wolves is a tricky fixture, so one would assume DF will want to keep it tight and try to nick the points in the second half, hence starting Rupp. Buendia & Drmic off the bench, hopefully before the 85th minute. 

1 minute ago, paddycanary said:

With Byram crocked, Lewis will be getting a good run now hopefully. Quite likely that will be the only change. If Buendia is fully fit, he should start ahead of Rupp, but he probably won't. Away to Wolves is a tricky fixture, so one would assume DF will want to keep it tight and try to nick the points in the second half, hence starting Rupp. Buendia & Drmic off the bench, hopefully before the 85th minute. 

Hopefully df has learnt ,we need to go for it now buendia and or vrancic 😄

1 hour ago, Rolf Harris said:

Godfrey has admitted he is a better cb than dm but people still put him in the midfield.

A bit more than that Rolf. He was asked in a radio interview whether he thought of himself as a central defender or a midfielder. Godfrey burst out laughing - when he stopped he said he couldn't understand why anybody these days thought of him as a midfielder. 

Krul,

Aarons, Hanley, Godfrey, Lewis

Rupp, Vrancic

Buendia,  Cantwell / Duda, McClean

Pukki

I  can't decide between Cantwell and Duda. Based on play alone, I'd have both and leave out McClean, but the team I have picked is far too weak in the air without him.

A bit more than that Rolf. He was asked in a radio interview whether he thought of himself as a central defender or a midfielder. Godfrey burst out laughing - when he stopped he said he couldn't understand why anybody these days thought of him as a midfielder. 

Because he isn't the world's best CB. We might love him but our defensive record says it can't all be down to the rest of the defence. I do wonder why we think Aarons, Godfey and Lewis must be worth a bundle. Together, they aren't that good. IMO Krul has been the real standout as a defender.

We need someone to be more mobile and better in the air as a holding midfield player. I just happen to think Godfey could suit that bill.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Krul

Rupp  Tettey   Vrancic

Duda  Pukki

Drmic

So we have one of the most talked about young talents in English football ( in fact there is a certain German side also watching him ) and you would drop him ? Against Liverpool he was our MOM, Sky and BBC were raving about him, Klopp mentioned him as causing his players big problems. But let’s not just rely on peoples opinions, he made the most tackles, 3rd most headers, 3rd most dribbles ( not from his mouth but with the ball ) and looked absolute class, O and other than Pukki seems to be our only player capable of scoring at this level. This kid is improving every week and I hold my hand up to say I was one of those that thought he would be light weight. I also hold my hand up to say Todd’s dedication is amazing. I know football is about opinions but what you have against Cantwell I just don’t get ?. 
McClean as well ? If you cannot see what he does for our team then you really don’t understand football, but that one is just an opinion.

If you believe Farke selections are as bad as you are making out then why on another thread are you saying he needs to be here for years.

I appreciate you went to your first game for several years ( you keep telling us ) but maybe you should have watched us against Man Utd instead when what you are suggesting was about what we did. Wolves are no longer a league 2 team they are currently challenging for a champions league spot. Until we are officially relegated we need to try to win every  point possible and then experiment if that is necessary.