Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

How Awful...

This was even better ... all the derby anxiety over inside 90 sec! 

Edited by Surfer
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if they're marking the day similarly on TWTD...

No. Too worried about Oxford United.

I've put up the standard highlights of the game two years ago. The reason I've put this version up is because it features the most disgraceful piece of play I've ever seen in a Norwich v Ipswich derby. Luckily for us it was done by Ipswich Town's Adam Webster. 

Look at Webster (Ipswich Number 6) from 3.03 onwards. You're hanging on to a 1-0 lead in the 95th minute against your fierce local rivals who you haven't beaten for years. So what do you do? You bust your gut! You strain every sinew! You shed every last drop of sweat and effort for the cause! Right?

Not our Adam. He dozes off to sleep thinking the ball's going out of the play. Turns his head away, sticks his arm in the air and meanders along like a pensioner on a Sunday afternoon stroll. Eventually, when it's far too late, he realises that the ball's not going out. So what does he do? Does he sprint across at full speed to try and rectify his mistake? Nope! He jogs over at half speed. Does he throw himself headlong in a desperate effort to block the cross? Not a bit of it - he just turns his back and lets the ball past him.

I've often wondered if he'd had a sneaky few quid on the 1-1 draw. 

So what became of Mr Webster? He left Ipswich, went to Bristol City and was then bought for £20 million by Brighton and is now playing regularly in the Premier League......... funny old game.