Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Son’s broken arm

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Much as I like Tottenham’s Son his broken arm has come at the right time for us.

With both him and Kane sidelined for our 5th Round tie it can’t do our chances any harm

Maybe this is our year...

We’ll never have a better chance to knock them out - he’s their best player by miles, good news for us 👍🏼

• Like 1

And Erikson gone, he always came in and changed the game against us. Don’t broken arms get sorted though in days this day and age to at least be able to play ?

On a secondary note do the Koreans still turn up when he is not playing ? That may knock about 20000 off the gate lol.

I read that as your son had broken his arm. I thought you were hankering after getting the plaster cast signed 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Unfortunately it's also good news for West Ham, Bournemouth and others in the relegation fight.

He's talking about the cup...

35 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Unfortunately it's also good news for West Ham, Bournemouth and others in the relegation fight.

Why is it, buddy? Spurs don’t play the first of our relegation rivals, West Ham, until March 20th, which is nearly 5 weeks away. He’s only out for a few weeks.

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Why is it, buddy? Spurs don’t play the first of our relegation rivals, West Ham, until March 20th, which is nearly 5 weeks away. He’s only out for a few weeks.

Well pal, the article says "number of weeks" not sure what exact time period that equates to. 

16 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Well pal, the article says "number of weeks" not sure what exact time period that equates to. 

Well I’d guess weeks not months is the clue, no? 

To be fair, and this information wasn’t available when the news broke, Mourinho is now saying he thinks he will miss the entire season. 

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

According to Mourhino Son quite possibly out for rest of the season - has to have surgery this week on the arm. Sounds like a displaced fracture.

15 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

According to Mourhino Son quite possibly out for rest of the season - has to have surgery this week on the arm. Sounds like a displaced fracture.

Yep, I posted the updated news above that it’d gone from weeks to the season. Sure, we could have done with Son being fit to play against our rivals but I guess we now have the chance to benefit from this news too. Imagine the scenario, we beat Spurs and then get a plum draw in the Quarters which we win and then find ourselves ‘only’ needing to win the Semi to reach Europe next season (assuming it’s a Liverpool or Chelsea in the final). I think most of us would be delighted with that!

21 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Putting all the football aside for the moment, ouch. Wouldn’t wish that kind of pain on anyone and hope he’s better soon (after we beat them in the cup). He’s a good player to watch for the neutral.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If we cant beat them now..with no Kane or Son at the third time of asking, we never will....

Kane played at Carrow Rd and Son scored that jammy winner at White Hart Lane and we probably should have beaten them already.

Spurs are still good without them but we must have an excellent chance this time.

Mourinho can be expected to batten down the hatches even more than he has after Kane was injured. Still, undeniably weakens them. It would be amazing to beat them. It is possible if we avoid injuries. Very possible. They are not going to be able to bring their A game there. Then it's two matches from the final. Forget relegation, getting into the finale regardless of the result would be insane. Combine with a valiant battle in PL and we'd look very attractive to prospects that wouldn't have necessarily considered us otherwise and perhaps even keep a player or two from our current squad who'd find it difficult to justify relegation (if we relegate). 

Also, how would you like to play in Europe? 😏

I can just see it now.  It'll be the same old story, we'll be drawing 1-1 and then Gary flipping Lineker will score a late goal on the breakaway to win the game for Spurs.