Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

i dont believe Worthy when he says

he doesnt know how much is in the transfer kitty....

look at the logic, he says daily in the apaper that "phone calls are going in, he i makign enquirys, we will see what happens"... and our name is linked with Jerome...

however, he comes out today in the EDP and says he "doesnt know how much is in the transfer fund kitty, if the board say thats it then it must be".. so basically.. he doesnt know how much he has to spend yet is identifying targets he wants to bring to the club "blind" essentially... this to me either means

1 its yet more proof that Worthy needs the club to write an idiot board for him to read off before he opens his mouth.

2. it explains the signings and their poor quality if worthy really doesnt know how much is available and the board are leading him to "more affordable" targets

or

3. we cant realistically sign anyone as Worthington doesnt know his limitations and is relying on pure guess work....

So does Nigel go to a car Garage, pick the most expensive BMW on the forecourt, strike up a deal with the salesman and agree to buy the car only to say "oh.. sorry mate... i dont know how much money is in my bank account, so id better play it safe and that have that Yugo over there instead"!!!

its laughable...

To defend worthy though if he is working "blind" then it shows just how flawed the board is... "prudence with ambition".. liek i said.. prudence is Worthingtons aunt!

i fully expect doomcaster to come out and say "Nigel never said this" or someone else at the club to spin doctor some piffle to make it look like it never happend.

jas :)

Basically he''s trying to buy players who no-one else want so will cost peanuts. I reckon Kevin horlock from the scum will be his next majour signing.

its still doesn explain why he doesnt know what he''s got to spend.. he must be the only manager on the planet who doesnt know his own budget!

jas :)