Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

For all those paranoid Daniel Farke will leave if we're relegated

Some here are paranoid Daniel Farke will leave if we're relegated or scaremonger he'l go. I've kept saying he'll stay, he always honours his contracts. He's a man of his word. From the horse's mouth:- 

The Canaries sit bottom, seven points from safety ahead of this weekend's trip to Wolves, but Farke insists he feels under no pressure from the club's powerbrokers.

"I'm very grateful for that. There is probably no coach in all of Western Europe who has such a backing and a secure position as I do," he said. "I signed a long-term contract in Norwich with conviction and I feel exactly in the right place.

"If you look at my career, you will find that I have always fulfilled my contracts in eleven years as a trainer.

• Like 5

Great news, we were a bit ‘ahead’ of the project perhaps this season, but whichever league we’re in next season I feel enormously optimistic about. My only concern now is that Stuart Webber leaves at the end of next season? That’s a given, right?

Whatever league we’re in, I can’t wait to see what Farke and Webber can do with the club next. Appreciate them now, all good things come to an end.

• Like 2

We need to chillax. Farke is honourable and whatever league we are in next season will see him at the helm and us playing good football. If we stay up and look like staying up again, he will be offered a new contract, if we go down and look like getting promoted again, he will be offered a new contract. The only situation he might leave is if we go down and aren't promoted, but - he will still be offered a new contract.   

As for Webber, he may see it as time to leave at the end of next season but by then, his successor will have been found, schooled and so the present policies will carry on.  Just enjoy them and let the future happen as it will.

You can thank Haarland for this. If Dormund was in bad position, it would be looking for a replacement coach and Daniel Farke is a serious contender for the job. It would be nearly impossible to resist top coach position there. Champions League prospects, 80000+ home crowd, Jurgen Klopp's previous club. You think it's a coincidence Klopp speaks so highly of Farke? People are aware that DF is working miracles with Webber on a shoestring budget.

You can also be certain that when Farke goes, there is a good chance Pukki goes with him. Pukki has Bundesliga experience and Farke knows exactly how to use his talents. And Haarland is certain to leave Dortmund to a top European team for a mindblowing transfer fee, leaving them short of goals.

24 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Whatever league we’re in, I can’t wait to see what Farke and Webber can do with the club next. Appreciate them now, all good things come to an end.

Especially as Webber has already stated he is off when his current contract is up.

7 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

I expect to see DF promoted to DoF as Weber’s replacement as it’s his career ambition to hold that role.

Not sure about that. It had been his ambition until he - rather by chance, as I remember - got into coaching. I think now he would want to carry on coaching/managing for some years yet, either with us or back in Germany.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not sure about that. It had been his ambition until he - rather by chance, as I remember - got into coaching. I think now he would want to carry on coaching/managing for some years yet, either with us or back in Germany.

Yep, that is how I remember the quote. 

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Great news, we were a bit ‘ahead’ of the project perhaps this season, but whichever league we’re in next season I feel enormously optimistic about. My only concern now is that Stuart Webber leaves at the end of next season? That’s a given, right?

He still has two years too. So maybe not... I hope not. Definitely both doing a good job. Webber especially in terms of how the club is run and a long term vision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Not sure it's a given Alex, I know what he said, which is that he will honour his contact and the publicising of such was to say to all, I'm here until then. When contact is up, I may well be off, that's the nature of the business. Lots took it to mean,  I'm here till then , then i'm off, no doubt. I didnt see it so. More a declaration of intent , to do his job till then and after that who knows, probably not even Webber at this point, unless he has a pre agreement  somewhere  and isn't letting on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

In any event Webber has lined me up to replace him. Funnily enough, he only had one question for me at the interview. Namely if I did succeed him then would his time as sporting director look better and better in retrospect the longer I had the job, and I said I thought it almost certainly would...

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

In any event Webber has lined me up to replace him. Funnily enough, he only had one question for me at the interview. Namely if I did succeed him then would his time as sporting director look better and better in retrospect the longer I had the job, and I said I thought it almost certainly would...

First week you're on the phone to David Freezer complaining he's pissed all your funds up the wall.

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

First week you're on the phone to David Freezer complaining he's pissed all your funds up the wall.

Oh I would go higher than Freezer and the EDP...😎

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Just ask him to sign a Maddison and a Naismith before he leaves , then you can say how great /terrible the old guard were depending on mood . Whichever takes your fancy. 

• Haha 1

I know DF thinks we are being loyal by not sacking him but we should be thankful for what he did last season. Yes the first was awful, the second brilliant and this one is what it is.

If I were him and a real top job came up I would take it. Eventually he will either leave or be sacked and even though most have ended up having a bad time I have never enjoyed seeing a manager sacked. Well, maybe Roeder.