Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

VAR again Chelsea Man Utd

Blatant red card missed in the first half. 

Chelsea goal disallowed for a push on review. But the player penalised was himself pushed into the challenge. 

Seems to me that it's not the system but the people using it. 

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Blatant red card missed in the first half. 

Chelsea goal disallowed for a push on review. But the player penalised was himself pushed into the challenge. 

Seems to me that it's not the system but the people using it. 

Have to ask just how big a back hander the VAR & Ref got from Manure, the yellow for diving when a clear foul, the push as you say on push......and the red!

Edited by Indy

VAR just ruins the spirit of the game. Toes, armpits, heels. It's pathetic. Needs to be looked at for offsides. As for the general application, time to change Stockley Park officials.

VAR is like the BREXIT of football. Nobody really understood it, a slight majority thought it was a good idea as it should "improve" things, and now nobody can work out how to stop it.... despite the obvious failure to perform properly ... and despite Europeans - especially the Germans - using it without all this incompetency. . 

But now it has afflicted Frank Lampard's Chelsea maybe we'll see some action taken? 

Another game but a ref gets a clearly and obviously corner for the attacking team wrong. The opposition take a goal kick and score and after committing a foul during the build up and score a goal.

VAR - ‘we have to keep in perspective how far we go back’

Huh? 

Is Neville watching Chelsea MU ?? 

Brexit and VAR in the same sentence....

VAR is cr😂p

The EU are corrupt, neo-liberalist, bureaucrats who make up laws to suit themselves with impunity - a bit like Stockley Park I guess   

I see no no connection whatsoever 🤡

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

The EU are corrupt,

And there’s absolutely nothing corrupt about Boris Johnson or the way the whole leave campaign was conducted.

But anyway....football

VAR is so ****ing comical in this country.

When I make passing jokes about how certain teams get it in their favour it turns out they're no longer jokes.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Not clear and obvious apparently 

18DBA077-D237-492D-8189-A1D85CC1AC37.jpeg

The c..t should've been sent off. Really dislike Maguire 

And why was the referee not asked to come and look at the sideline monitor to review that? Is it only for Norwich players?

Of course the answer is no, but the sooner we just go back to the judgment of the referee the better.

Edited by Surfer

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

VAR is like the BREXIT of football. Nobody really understood it

I understood Brexit, and still do, but I don't understand VAR and probably never will.

A man with a flag did a better job and I could understand that.

It usually best to keep things simple

• Like 1

The Maguire one was probably a red but I can see why they maybe didn’t give it. He’s falling, has been pushed and his other leg was up as well. It shouldn’t have been a red purely because of where his foot ended up (because that could have just happened as he fell, not dangerous play), but when you watch it he does seem to move his foot deliberately (which would be a red). A bit lucky, but then I’m sure plenty of people would have been crying about VAR ruining the game for sending someone off  in such circumstances - remember VAR stuck with the ref on that one.

Thought the disallowed goals were both correct. Everyone has been shouting for refs to get tougher on pushing in the box from corners, but when VAR actually does get tougher you’re now moaning about it?

The offside wasn’t that close either. He’s almost a whole foot offside. It wasn’t one of those dodgy arm pit ones.

7 hours ago, Making Plans said:

I understood Brexit, and still do, but I don't understand VAR and probably never will.

A man with a flag did a better job and I could understand that.

It usually best to keep things simple

Surfer likes to frame things to fit his view of Brexit, and then tell us all😉

As for VAR last night, is there any point in continuing, if it’s being reviewed then why not scrub it until there is a new sensible framework for its use, put the fans first for once ffs!

Another great example of how VAR is just ruining the game. Yes the offside was technically correct although I don’t think anyone wants that sort of situation to be offside so hopefully the rules change.

the red was blatant if you ask me. The push more debatable given the push the defender got first. However regardless of the correctness or otherwise VAR just killed that game with the stoppages, uncertainty and inconsistency.

i don’t understand how you can have a game involving Man U refereed by a ref from Manchester with the VAR official bring from Manchester as well. That Kavanagh seems to get the VAR gig every week. Must live near Stockley Park. 

• Like 1

It's arguable that none of the decisions would have been any different without VAR. Maguire probably a yellow, William, not a yellow but depends on refs viewpoint. Offside was offside, push was a push.

I would be happy to go back to the man with a flag for offside. I can live with genuine mistakes.

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

It's arguable that none of the decisions would have been any different without VAR. Maguire probably a yellow, William, not a yellow but depends on refs viewpoint. Offside was offside, push was a push.

I would be happy to go back to the man with a flag for offside. I can live with genuine mistakes.

Linesman never flagged for offside so that would have counted. Likewise the first Chelsea goal wasn’t flagged as a foul either. So both would have counted. 

The Maguire one I have no idea, whether the fourth official has seen that but they all know they have VAR to wait for anyway could be the reason. All I know is when Maguire answers the question While looking at the floor the whole time I’m going to doubt him entirely. Should have been off.

My other issue with offsides is when they are choosing to freeze the image. With a defender moving one way and a striker the other so much can change in just a 10th of a second. We are trusting they are consistent with the timing but when I look at the Maguire incident I just can’t.

11 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

The c..t should've been sent off. Really dislike Maguire 

I'm not keen on him either but hardly worth a red card.

I thought last night was just a total disgrace all round. If you were watching SKY that is. 

The match was poor and should have led to two sendings off, a penalty and a yet another ridiculous offside. And then we have commentators like Neville for a Manure game, the same as we had Carragher for our game, who are steeped in heir own clubs and totally biased just the same as we are.

Neville cracks on that offside is offside and get on with it. He spent his career with his arm up in the air appealing. And Carragher, luckily is shat scared of Keane so tempers it a bit but his hatred of Manure is as bad as anyones.

Godfrey got sent off for a bad foul. Yes, he was off his feet and out of control, red card. We had another example of that last night but because the contact was minimal if any, nothing was done. How about intent?

And even though I know everyone does it, I would like to see the substitution law changed. Unless there is an injury, no more subs after 80 minutes. I am fed up even when we do it. They brought in a rule that you leave by the nearest exit. Hardly any ref is enforcing it. And we get the tiresome slow walk off. Last night 88 minutes gone and Manure get two subs ready. For what purpose other than to waste time.

What was the game where a challenge by Cantwell was reviewed for a possible red and he didn't get sent off? That was for leaving his studs up as he slid into a player  It was never a red card as he didn't push his foot towards the player and it was rightly given as just a foul.  Maguire clearly makes a move with his foot towards the player's 'groin area', but he got away with it as he's 'not that sort of player'. What a load of rubbish.

And KG, re subs after 80 mins, that's never going to happen, but refs should be far stricter on the amount of time they add.  Isn't it a mandatory 30 seconds per sub? But as you say, it often takes nearly 2 minutes.

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

I'm not keen on him either but hardly worth a red card.

Hardly worth a red? You joking? So it's ok to put your boot in someones nuts? If you dont think it's a red, is it worth a yellow as he got nothing for it. Bet the fa wont look back at it either.

43 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And even though I know everyone does it, I would like to see the substitution law changed. Unless there is an injury, no more subs after 80 minutes. I am fed up even when we do it. They brought in a rule that you leave by the nearest exit. Hardly any ref is enforcing it. And we get the tiresome slow walk off. Last night 88 minutes gone and Manure get two subs ready. For what purpose other than to waste time.

Totally unworkable if you think about it. It's not the officials job to determine if someone can or can't continue.

I am still of the opinion that an independent time keeper would be worth trying but you would possibly need to reduce the length of the game to compensate. It would however reduce frustration if the crowd could actually se that the clock had stopped.

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Hardly worth a red? You joking? So it's ok to put your boot in someones nuts? If you dont think it's a red, is it worth a yellow as he got nothing for it. Bet the fa wont look back at it either.

He's falling on his back and the bloke is running into him. Its hardly a kick in the nuts. Very little to get excited about in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

He's falling on his back and the bloke is running into him. Its hardly a kick in the nuts. Very little to get excited about in my opinion.

Fair enough mate, we all have our own opinions. He is very overrated. I'm not getting excited just shows var inconsistency 

15 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Fair enough mate, we all have our own opinions. He is very overrated. I'm not getting excited just shows var inconsistency 

That's why we should live with the refs decisions. VAR does not do away with subjectivity. I was as guilty as anyone else in thinking it would resolve mistakes. It won't.

• Like 1

The off sides get me, everyone says if you are off then that's it, but have they got the exact time the left the foot ? And what happened to giving the advantage to the attacker ?