Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Forget how good some of our players are....

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Bang on, this. Apparently we have at least two £20m fullbacks, a £50m centre back, two more £30m midfielders and a £20m striker in our team. Yet we're bottom and we can't win games.

Psssttt............. I'll let you into a secret...... we're playing in the Premier League.......  all the other teams have assembled squads at vastly greater expense than us (both in terms of transfer fees and even more importantly wages).

The valuations of our players above are generally in the right ball park I would say. The average Premier League team we'll play against will have a £12m goalie - a couple of £15m full backs - three £20m central defenders - a couple of £25m midfielders - a couple of £15m wingers and a couple of £25 m centre forwards at least - and they'll be paying most of them at least £70,000 a week. 

Of course some weeks we'll be playing against teams with a £70m goalie and a £75m central defender. 

Now go away and see if you can work out why we're finding it difficult to win games. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Suggest you ask the Manager. He picks the team, not me.

Best close the message board then. 

11 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

why do you and your little brother wear the same glasses?

Eh? I don’t have any brothers. And if you’re trying to insult me somehow, a swing and and a miss.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

There is nothing wrong with changing your mind/view based on what you see.

Generally helps to acknowledge the nonsense you were posting beforehand though.

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Eh? I don’t have any brothers. And if you’re trying to insult me somehow, a swing and and a miss.

Nah, no insult,  just posted the first thing that came into my head.  Thought it'd make  a pleasant distraction from all the  whiny armchair expert posts.

17 hours ago, Making Plans said:

If anyone thinks that Hernandez & Drmic are the answer then they are mistaken.

Vrancic maybe but come on, Hernandez and Drmic are not going to get us out of the sh*te

The one person who needs to change and be brave is Farke.

You don't win games by trying not to lose them for 90 minutes.

What is it you have against Drmic. I speak to a number of players where I work and they are all very complimentary about him.

You also seem to have something against Farke. I appreciate you wanted him out last year and stated we would be in league 1 if he wasn’t sacked, but most with that opinion last year have now swallowed their pride and held their hands up. Look at what he has done with his coaching to what is basically a squad of average players and kids. Please don’t start negativity against Farke as there are plenty of suitors that would happily take advantage.

Drmic doesn't fill me with confidence, he looks timid & tentative. He is nowhere near the same class as Pukki and in my opinion he will not score the goals we need. Pukki's goals will return.

The only thing I have against Farke is his attitude regarding subs which in turn, leads to him always taking the safe option. Which, given our results, usually isn't the safe option.

LDC said, and I quote, " Farke talks about players being brave - well maybe he needs to be braver".

I agree and Saturday was a classic example. With 20 minutes left we had a possibility of winning that game. Several players were either knackered, not effective or both. Farke did nothing.

I don't think I even saw any subs warming up on the off chance that they might get on the pitch. He is that predictable.

If he had been a bit braver and mixed things up a bit we could have won.

When you need to win games then in the overall scheme of things that was an opportunity lost.

We might not get many more chances to win a game when after 75 minutes it's 0-0 and if he doesn't go for it in those circumstances, even if it was Liverpool, then when will he go for it.

He might have won, he might have still lost but he should at least have tried to win it.

He didn't, Liverpool scored, he reacted (too late as usual) and he lost.

For the record, and at this moment in time, I do not want Farke out.

As for my comments "last year", I suppose you have never posted an opinion on here and then, some time down the line, changed your mind?

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Drmic looks timid? Really??

I would have said the opposite from the few times I've seen him play.

I totally agree, Eddie. Timid he isn’t. Given he hasn’t been given a run in the team at any point due to Pukki’s form and his own injuries means that no poster on here can truly rate the man negatively so I find people writing him off a bit amusing to be honest. I know it’s only a ‘YouTube video’, but there were a series of wonderful goals on there, and as far as I know CGI technology wasn’t used.

Quite simply, it’s his maintaining fitness that has been his problem, otherwise what’s he done wrong? 🤔

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Given he hasn’t been given a run in the team at any point due to Pukki’s form and his own injuries means that no poster on here can truly rate the man negatively so I find people writing him off a bit amusing to be honest.

But presumably those exact same set of circumstances means it's ok to claim he's the best thing since sliced bread.

And as for anything you see on Youtube, how long ago was that?

Hardly compelling stats for the last 6 years either

image.png.95714ffcb3897764c9d7124a73f1afb3.png

36 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

But presumably those exact same set of circumstances means it's ok to claim he's the best thing since sliced bread.

And as for anything you see on Youtube, how long ago was that?

Hardly compelling stats for the last 6 years either

image.png.95714ffcb3897764c9d7124a73f1afb3.png

Who’s said he’s the best thing since sliced bread?

It’s merely been pointed out by a few that some are perhaps being too quick to judge which is a little unfair.

As for those stats, we all know full well he’s not played 10 x 90minute games scoring once for Norwich City, which is how I think you’re wishing to portray it, so god knows how many of those other ‘stats’ cast a false impression too. Though plenty of them seem to rather support those in favour of him rather than those that have already dismissed him... 👍🏼

Looking at our striker history we never really get the best from foreign strikers, Pukki the exception. RVW, Sberny, Drmic, big Dave...... I think there’s more but those four come to mind, maybe we’re better off looking for the next Holty from lower leagues.

Edited by Indy

I'm only stating the stats as I found them.

Well I think he's average, you think he could be good.

At the end of the day it's down to what Farke thinks and if he had as much faith in him as you do, given Pukki's "drought", then surely he would be in the team by now.

Wouldn't he?

5 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

I'm only stating the stats as I found them.

Well I think he's average, you think he could be good.

At the end of the day it's down to what Farke thinks and if he had as much faith in him as you do, given Pukki's "drought", then surely he would be in the team by now.

Wouldn't he?

I’m fairly confident that Farke would not have brought him here if he did not rate him. But as I say, those stats that you pulled up I wouldn’t say support your argument - how many include a few minutes here and there I do not know but I would imagine quite a lot. We know he’s had his problems with injury in recent years, but that doesn’t mean that once fit he can’t be a very good striker. Every player needs minutes to get back into the swing of things, and he didn’t take too long to prove his mettle against Burnley. Plenty of information out there on the internet to suggest that before injuries made him not a viable option to play for some of the bigger sides in Europe, they were at least most certainly interested and that speaks volumes about him I would suggest. 

The bottom line is, like you did with Farke, you’ve written Josip off already, without anything other than a few minutes here and there for us between injuries. Really can’t see how a strong judgement can therefore be made. I just can’t fathom how people can rate a player either way on the basis of that, that’s why I’m keeping an open mind that he could prove to be a decent player for us whereas you appear to already know.

he didn’t take too long to prove his mettle against Burnley

I recall that he missed 3 sitters in that game before he had an unmissable tap in from 2 feet with no defenders around him so I'm not sure that proves anything.

At the end of the day it's all a matter of opinion but we will see.

And yes, he is timid.

5 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

he didn’t take too long to prove his mettle against Burnley

I recall that he missed 3 sitters in that game before he had an unmissable tap in from 2 feet with no defenders around him so I'm not sure that proves anything.

At the end of the day it's all a matter of opinion but we will see.

And yes, he is timid.

It proves beyond any reasonable doubt that he's good at getting into goal scoring positions - which is half of what makes a good striker. Believe me I've seen plenty over the years who aren't.

(And please don't bother responding with the utterly predictable, 'it's no good getting in goal scoring positions if you miss them' because we all know that). 

Deary me, are people still falling for his drivel?  Lakey troll has been doing this stuff for donkey's years! 

I would be very surprised if the person behind Lakey hasn't been behind other troll accounts on here over the years...

Edited by norfolkbroadslim