Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Forget how good some of our players are....

38 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What a weird response to what is actually quite a heart felt op, once again labelled trolling or being negative. For goodness sakes grow up. It's not such a controversial idea after all. We're not scoring goals in outfield play - and the chief creators/strikers are not doing the business.  So what is the answer?  Replace them with players that have showed they at least as likely to do the business as the ones that have been on the pitch. It's not a negative idea either - it's called being pro-active and quite a positive move to make. 

Honestly, just delete your Pinkun account, its so obvious that you are a troll/WUM/Attention Seeker/Parody account.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

.....because we need to start winning matches!!

People on here have been extolling the virtues of some of our players - but in case you hadn't noticed, we are not winning games. I'm fed up with watching us lose, I'm fed up with watching some of our players who have been lauded so highly give the ball away cheaply, throw their hands up in mini traumas, hit the ball off target or not even shoot when they have the chance etc.  I've had enough of Pukki not looking on form and not scoring from outfield play.

So something needs to change. They need to start to deliver, or we should try others in their place.  We have options - very good ones - imo they should be given a chance. The best display of football I have seen from a Norwich side this season was in the cup away at Burnley, play dictated by Vrancic with Hernandez and Drmic lively - loads of chances made, not a Buendia, Cantwell or Pukki needed. Yes I know it was the cup, but those players did enough to show they have quality in spades - and farkeball was much in evidence that day.

Farke talks about players being brave - well maybe he needs to be braver - either the players deliver or changes are made, either before a match - or sooner in a match if things are not working out.   I love him to bits, he is brilliant for us and we play scintilating football, but he is not immune from criticism. The players he is using look good and we get good comments - but they are not delivering wins and goals and we need wins and goals! 

Many of those players you refer too have been given match time by Farke in the prem, (as well as the cup) and they also have not delivered! You cannot make a silk purse from a sows ear LDC, regardless of how good the manager is. It’s quality that counts, and we don’t have it.

2 hours ago, JF said:

I’m sick of reading posts like the OP. Where’s the positivity? We can beat anyone in this league with the players we have at our disposal. There’s still enough points left to play for to push for Europa league qualification. Everyone just needs to believe it will happen and it will. This is football, anything can happen. Before this season started I was eyeing up a top 4 finish, I’ll admit that’s now gone but we can still get top 8 if we all believe 

“We can beat anyone in this league with the players at our disposal”! No we can’t! That’s exactly why we are bottom of the league!

3 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

“We can beat anyone in this league with the players at our disposal”! No we can’t! That’s exactly why we are bottom of the league!

Because we’ve been unlucky in the majority of our matches and the fans haven’t believed we can beat these teams. Fans like you are a lot of the problem with your negative attitude. Your negativity on this forum translates into the match day performances. If posters on here were more positive then I believe we would soon be seeing that positivity in the results on the pitch 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, JF said:

Because we’ve been unlucky in the majority of our matches and the fans haven’t believed we can beat these teams. Fans like you are a lot of the problem with your negative attitude. Your negativity on this forum translates into the match day performances. If posters on here were more positive then I believe we would soon be seeing that positivity in the results on the pitch 

It’s not a negative at all. Look at the league table. It should tell even a fool like you something! And I’m sure supporters negativity on a forum translates to match day performances. You are an even bigger fool than I thought!

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

Many of those players you refer too have been given match time by Farke in the prem, (as well as the cup) and they also have not delivered! You cannot make a silk purse from a sows ear LDC, regardless of how good the manager is. It’s quality that counts, and we don’t have it.

I would have agreed with that up to that Burnley cup match. I'd been waiting all season to see Vrancic being given a run in the first team and though he struggled against manure - and they all did, not just him - he got his chance in that cup match....and he nailed it - totally and utterly - he was poetry in motion.  Thinking back to the way Farke in the past had rewarded players who had done well in cup matches, I thought this is it, Vrancic has arrived and will now feature a lot more. But nothing happened and we got more of the same in the next match - no goals and Vrancic comes on at 89 minutes. 

I am still a Farke supporter, I love him to bits, but he is not immune to criticism and for me as a layman, the lack of seeing Vrancic play has been for me a major disappointment this season - and given the continuing lack of goals and results, I can't see why he isn't given another chance.

.......oh to whom it may concern, please shut up with the troll insults and keep the talk to football.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I would have agreed with that up to that Burnley cup match. I'd been waiting all season to see Vrancic being given a run in the first team and though he struggled against manure - and they all did, not just him - he got his chance in that cup match....and he nailed it - totally and utterly - he was poetry in motion.  Thinking back to the way Farke in the past had rewarded players who had done well in cup matches, I thought this is it, Vrancic has arrived and will now feature a lot more. But nothing happened and we got more of the same in the next match - no goals and Vrancic comes on at 89 minutes. 

I am still a Farke supporter, I love him to bits, but he is not immune to criticism and for me as a layman, the lack of seeing Vrancic play has been for me a major disappointment this season - and given the continuing lack of goals and results, I can't see why he isn't given another chance.

.......oh to whom it may concern, please shut up with the troll insults and keep the talk to football.

More trolling in the final sentence. You’ve played this latest attention seeking thread to perfection; I salute you sir 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

51 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What a weird response to what is actually quite a heart felt op, once again labelled trolling or being negative. For goodness sakes grow up. It's not such a controversial idea after all. We're not scoring goals in outfield play - and the chief creators/strikers are not doing the business.  So what is the answer?  Replace them with players that have showed they at least as likely to do the business as the ones that have been on the pitch. It's not a negative idea either - it's called being pro-active and quite a positive move to make. 

Rupp missed our best chance against Liverpool and he played at Burnley. 

So why drop our 3 players who have created/scored the most this season? 

The best team in the world is showing interest in our homegrown star - weirdly this has upset you, hence the rant. 

It is you that should grow up. 

6 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

It’s not a negative at all. Look at the league table. It should tell even a fool like you something! And I’m sure supporters negativity on a forum translates to match day performances. You are an even bigger fool than I thought!

Yeah I’m bored of this now. I can see how LDC gets so many bites though, it’s fairly easy fishing 🎣 season 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

More trolling in the final sentence. You’ve played this latest attention seeking thread to perfection; I salute you sir 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

It’s a knack. I’d score him 8 /10 . I can’t wait to see next weeks contrary thread . We will /will not go down , beat /lose to Spurs in the cup , have great/useless players and a cr4p / brilliant manager . Who knows ? It’s the Lakey Lottery . 

And Even I’m biting 🐟 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It’s a knack. I’d score him 8 /10 . I can’t wait to see next weeks contrary thread . We will /will not go down , beat /lose to Spurs in the cup , have great/useless players and a cr4p / brilliant manager . Who knows ? It’s the Lakey Lottery . 

And Even I’m biting 🐟 

I’ve tried to stop biting... I did try and give the benefit of the doubt on other threads and ask serious questions In response to his points. He goes missing when that happens though, only to reappear two days later with a different thread where the same thing happens....

Just now, Aggy said:

I’ve tried to stop biting... I did try and give the benefit of the doubt on other threads and ask serious questions In response to his points. He goes missing when that happens though, only to reappear two days later with a different thread where the same thing happens....

It passes the time doesn’t it?  I’m back to work tomorrow after a day off today with man flu. So sadly I’ll not be playing . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aggy said:

I used to think he was fishing but I go as fa4 as to say he genuinely believes his sermons! He’s like our pastor! I have a vision of Kenny Everett with his gigantic hands when I read Lakey’s threads!

brother Lakey Love!

image.jpeg.5a0ce4d515a786a2bf42591cdab011ef.jpeg

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

I'll explain.

After watching football for over 60 years I have seen hundreds of wingers like Hernandez.

They can usually run quickly and several of them, including Hernandez, have a decent shot in their locker.

And as far as positives go, that's it.

Most of them, including Hernandez, flatter the deceive most of the time.

They run down the wing at break neck speed and then they haven't go a clue what they are going to do when they get near to the business end of the run.

They have no awareness of where other teammates are and end up either losing the ball or getting rid of it as quickly as possible, usually to an opponent.

Hernandez goes round & round in circles and ends up falling over himself and then looks totally bemused as to why he hasn't won a free kick.

As for his defensive qualities, quite honestly he is a liabilty.

How about the effect he has on the players of the opposition? Defenders hate defending against speed and directness, it plays on their mind and can affect their behaviour. Often being overly cautious and demanding support from other teammates, resulting in doubling up, thus creating space. This sort of positive impact is not easily picked up by stats or even by the naked eye, its a kind of hidden dynamic. But its definitely there. 

We struggle to keep teams on the back foot, and find it difficult to get out when under the cosh. Hernandez can help to alleviate both problems. Of course I agree he can sometimes have a poor end product, and can run down blind alleys, but to solely focus on these negatives as a barometer of his ability, is a touch simplistic. With your superior football experience, this does come as a surprise, I must admit. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 1

All you sad troll accusers are doing is showing up your prejudices and small mindedness.  I am not suggesting anything outrageous, or even negative - Farke has continually said he trusts all our players.....but it seems some of you don't.  I believe we can win enough matches in the next few weeks to stay up.....but how that is achieved is open to argument. I've explained what I think, by bringing in one or two others, yet you don't even want to consider the possibility. What is the matter with you?? 

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It’s generally tradition for fans of the team rock bottom and cut adrift at the foot of the table to be less than happy. We care about our team and are unhappy when they lose. We’ve lost a lot, unhappiness has added up. It’s also very difficult to be positive now that we have an extremely narrow margin to survive, and need almost twice as many wins In our last 13 games as we’ve managed all season.

why do you and your little brother wear the same glasses?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

why do you and your little brother wear the same glasses?

I’m torn between amusement and the thought that, that’s a bit much. I’m leaning towards amusement though 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Lakeys realises he isn’t getting much attention so comes up with a somewhat contrary OP. Gets some bites. That’s the lot of a Football Forum Celebrity 

Nothing  much else to add. 

Lake District Contrary 😁

• Like 1

I don't get what is contrary about this thread.  I still believe we can win some games, I still believe we have enough good players to do it.  I still believe in Farke and I believe in all the players.  I still have my own opinions about how things could be improved - and there is nothing wrong with that, I just don't get the euphoria about how good and how valuable some of our players are when we are losing games and not scoring goals!  Yes, we have some great prospects, its all fine but WE NEED TO WIN GAMES. 

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't get what is contrary about this thread.  I still believe we can win some games, I still believe we have enough good players to do it.  I still believe in Farke and I believe in all the players.  I still have my own opinions about how things could be improved - and there is nothing wrong with that, I just don't get the euphoria about how good and how valuable some of our players are when we are losing games and not scoring goals!  Yes, we have some great prospects, its all fine but WE NEED TO WIN GAMES. 

Time for a homemade granola supper Lakey

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

.....because we need to start winning matches!!

People on here have been extolling the virtues of some of our players - but in case you hadn't noticed, we are not winning games. I'm fed up with watching us lose, I'm fed up with watching some of our players who have been lauded so highly give the ball away cheaply, throw their hands up in mini traumas, hit the ball off target or not even shoot when they have the chance etc.  I've had enough of Pukki not looking on form and not scoring from outfield play.

So something needs to change. They need to start to deliver, or we should try others in their place.  We have options - very good ones - imo they should be given a chance. The best display of football I have seen from a Norwich side this season was in the cup away at Burnley, play dictated by Vrancic with Hernandez and Drmic lively - loads of chances made, not a Buendia, Cantwell or Pukki needed. Yes I know it was the cup, but those players did enough to show they have quality in spades - and farkeball was much in evidence that day.

Farke talks about players being brave - well maybe he needs to be braver - either the players deliver or changes are made, either before a match - or sooner in a match if things are not working out.   I love him to bits, he is brilliant for us and we play scintilating football, but he is not immune from criticism. The players he is using look good and we get good comments - but they are not delivering wins and goals and we need wins and goals! 

Bang on, this. Apparently we have at least two £20m fullbacks, a £50m centre back, two more £30m midfielders and a £20m striker in our team. Yet we're bottom and we can't win games.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Bang on, this. Apparently we have at least two £20m fullbacks, a £50m centre back, two more £30m midfielders and a £20m striker in our team. Yet we're bottom and we can't win games.

I've been saying this for yonks, Norwich fans are massively over valuing some of our players. 

Although I'd certainly hope to get more than £20m for Max Aarons, at least 50%, he is probably the jewel in the crown.... could walk straight into that Spurs side.

14 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

The buying clubs know they’re not buying the finished articles though, that’s why.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Love this...

So what, my mum's been watching football for 60 years, doesn't mean your opinion is anymore relevant, credible or carry any weight. 

I never claimed that my view was relevant, credible or carried any weight. It is just my opinion.

But the fact that he doesn't get in the starting XI, or get on the pitch as a sub when we're losing on Saturday, suggests to me that I'm not alone in my opinion that he is not the answer.

So, why do you think that is?

17 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Give me strength. It’s their potential for the team buying, not the results of the current team they’re playing in. We didn’t have a great season 2 years ago yet Leicester decided to pay £20m + for a player who’d had one season in the championship. He’s turned out to adjust pretty well in the PL. I’d argue Aarons, Cantwell, Lewis, Godfrey and Buendia could do the same

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

How about the effect he has on the players of the opposition?

Suggest you ask the Manager. He picks the team, not me.

7 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

I never claimed that my view was relevant, credible or carried any weight. It is just my opinion.

But the fact that he doesn't get in the starting XI, or get on the pitch as a sub when we're losing on Saturday, suggests to me that I'm not alone in my opinion that he is not the answer.

So, why do you think that is?

I don't necessarily disagree, 

But my point is quoting you've been watch football 60 years, means nothing. 

11 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Give me strength. It’s their potential for the team buying, not the results of the current team they’re playing in. We didn’t have a great season 2 years ago yet Leicester decided to pay £20m + for a player who’d had one season in the championship. He’s turned out to adjust pretty well in the PL. I’d argue Aarons, Cantwell, Lewis, Godfrey and Buendia could do the same

Don’t worry, Zac, some of us get it!

• Like 2