Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

I seriously question Farkes ability fo take this team any further

34 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think that's what we all do. 

I certainly don't judge him on some kind of arrogant idea that I could do better...

Also, it's not that I think I can do better, 

I think he can do better. 

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Don't talk Bojjocks. Thanks to the brave guys who fought the the  **** dictatorship I enjoy freedom of speach. However the only person who compared the situation to the above is you. And i can assure you my neighbourhood is nowhere near wealthy enough for the Jewish population to live in. 

You need to get a grip and stop taking yourself so seriously son.

😂😄😂😄😂

Dont take myself seriously at all chap.  Or you,  really. 

Ps not all Jews are wealthy.  Just thought I'd let you know. Funny what people think eh. Hmmm

27 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

As do I. Not eveything is ment literally. Of course I don't profess to belive I am a professional football manger. But as a fan and as season ticket holder (and whether or not you think that counts for anything. If nothing else it shows the financial cost of following the team) I do reserve the right to judge the manager on the position we have achieved in the league. That in all seriousness is all I am doing. I believe Farke has his limitations and I believe those limitations have been vividly highlighted at this level. 

I am the first to admit we play nice football and that Farke did well in his second season to gain promotion. But I don't see him as some all powerful gift giving prophet. I honest belive the players we have that play the nice football would always play that football thats what they are. 

Lets hope we retain them so we can watch it again next season when it will result im sure in more success.

See here's the thing Housey. You're not first to admit Farke did well last season. Unless others still haven't admitted yet you're last. 

If you really judge Farke in his league position then you will accept that after your previous judgements that 20th is a minor miracle. A lot of us are hoping for another miracle to take us to 17th.

So you think Farke's limitations are have been visibly highlighted by our league position. I think our league position highlights how well he's done and how quickly he has managed to do it.

I don't really care how much money you spend watching Norwich City. You obviously haven't enjoyed any of it so it's a criminal waste of money. Like spending hundreds of pounds on bananas when you much prefer apples....

34 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Also, it's not that I think I can do better, 

I think he can do better. 

But you only think he can do better by following your advice....

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But you only think he can do better by following your advice....

I don't only think that. 

What do you think?

30 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I don't only think that. 

What do you think?

Like I said earlier I would have started Buendia against Liverpool and would have made changes earlier.

But that doesn't mean I think Farke is at fault for not doing so. I readily admit he knows far more than me.

I also know my judgement is flawed. My opinion from watching games often flies in the face of the actual stats. I certainly don't see the same game coaches do.

That won't stop me having an opinion next time. Just stops me being so arrogant that I think I know better than the coach.

Surely different opinions are the life blood of this message board. But it would be a sad day if our opinions were used to affect reality?

You'd probably be in favour of the Text Factor...

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/text-factor-leonard-brody-wanted-3034450

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Like I said earlier I would have started Buendia against Liverpool and would have made changes earlier.

But that doesn't mean I think Farke is at fault for not doing so. I readily admit he knows far more than me.

I also know my judgement is flawed. My opinion from watching games often flies in the face of the actual stats. I certainly don't see the same game coaches do.

That won't stop me having an opinion next time. Just stops me being so arrogant that I think I know better than the coach.

Surely different opinions are the life blood of this message board. But it would be a sad day if our opinions were used to affect reality?

You'd probably be in favour of the Text Factor...

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/text-factor-leonard-brody-wanted-3034450

I wouldn't, but the interesting thing about that is that it's Coventry. 

Their supporters have been through a fair bit. 

On 17/02/2020 at 21:30, TeemuVanBasten said:

It does feel like our choice is between being the boys who play the sexy football in the Championship, a seat which is being kept warm by Brentford this season, or being a Sheffield United or Burnley in the Premier League. 

I suppose both have their merits, but Burnley and Sheffield United get the TV money next season and we don't....

I don't think our choices are quite so simple but if they are, then give me the sexy football all day long.

We've seen enough of the Premiership this season to realise that its as dull as its always been. The Championship is genuinely competitive, almost always exciting and entertaining, and we can win it by playing good football..........what's not to like??

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I wouldn't, but the interesting thing about that is that it's Coventry. 

Their supporters have been through a fair bit. 

Coventry and the binners relegated from the prem 12 months apart (Coventry after 32 years) and enjoying the race to oblivion. 

Have no sympathy with either of them.

I can remember posters on here wishing we were both those clubs when they got their lauded "investment".

Thank the Lord for the cook and her cohorts....

17 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I don't think our choices are quite so simple but if they are, then give me the sexy football all day long.

We've seen enough of the Premiership this season to realise that its as dull as its always been. The Championship is genuinely competitive, almost always exciting and entertaining, and we can win it by playing good football..........what's not to like??

You aren't enjoying it because Norwich don't score many goals, not because the Premier League is boring. It's because our games are often boring. 

It's actually the closest and most competitive this league has ever been, look at the points between 2nd and 5th, and then 5th and 11th. 

Team in 11th in with a chance of champions League football due to man city's suspension.

We finished 11th one season. 

The league isn't the problem, we are. See Sheff Utd for proof.  

League won't ever be more open and competitive than this. Only one world class team right now, best in the world, everybody else can be beaten. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You aren't enjoying it because Norwich don't score many goals, not because the Premier League is boring. It's because our games are often boring. 

To be fair, I've not really found our games boring this season, in general.

16 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Coventry and the binners relegated from the prem 12 months apart (Coventry after 32 years) and enjoying the race to oblivion. 

I can remember posters on here wishing we were both those clubs when they got their lauded "investment".

I think you’ll find we will probably be playing Coventry next season. 

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

. It's because our games are often boring. 

Speak for yourself.  I don't  enjoy losing, but bored? Not me. Love watching my team win, draw  or lose, though prefer winning, of course. Not been bored since Ray Houghtons brother left.

Always interested in style and patterns of play, so never bored. Feel for Sam Byram but on the flipside was very interested in seeing Jamal play again. Guess I'm so interested  in the actual footy that I never feel bored by it.

Lucky me.

27 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It's actually the closest and most competitive this league has ever been, look at the points between 2nd and 5th, and then 5th and 11th. 

Team in 11th in with a chance of champions League football due to man city's suspension.

We finished 11th one season. 

The league isn't the problem, we are. See Sheff Utd for proof.  

League won't ever be more open and competitive than this. Only one world class team right now, best in the world, everybody else can be beaten. 

Not at all, the Premiership is boring and always has been (the Leicester season perhaps the only exception) because the majority of the teams in it play extremely negative and boring football (unlike us who I still enjoy watching, or would do if it wasn't for VAR) and only 3 or 4 teams have ever been capable of winning it.

If you think this is the most competitive the League has ever been when the title is all but decided in February then I can't see us ever agreeing. There may be a lot of money and many excellent players in the Premier League but as a sporting competition it is a sick joke and always has been. It's basically a football based TV reality show - reality shows are very popular nowadays from what I hear but I prefer to watch the real thing and in football terms that means the Championship (or lower) and not PL.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Speak for yourself.  I don't  enjoy losing, but bored? Not me. Love watching my team win, draw  or lose, though prefer winning, of course. Not been bored since Ray Houghtons brother left.

Always interested in style and patterns of play, so never bored. Feel for Sam Byram but on the flipside was very interested in seeing Jamal play again. Guess I'm so interested  in the actual footy that I never feel bored by it.

Lucky me.

What I meant actually was that he finds this league boring because he's not enjoying our games, this league is far from boring... That's why it's the most watched league in the world. 

I'm not bored. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

40 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Not at all, the Premiership is boring and always has been (the Leicester season perhaps the only exception) because the majority of the teams in it play extremely negative and boring football (unlike us who I still enjoy watching, or would do if it wasn't for VAR) and only 3 or 4 teams have ever been capable of winning it.

If you think this is the most competitive the League has ever been when the title is all but decided in February then I can't see us ever agreeing. 

And here is a massive contradiction. 

Because Liverpool are the team running away with it. 

And they aren't one of your "3 or 4 teams", they have never won it (post 92 when the league was founded). 

It's actually 6 though, not 3 or 4, and Liverpool will be the 7th. 

Arsenal are 10th in the league, Man Utd are 7th, Chelsea are only 2 points above Sheffield United. 

Wolves, Sheffield United and Leicester all Norwich sized clubs in with a good chance of European football. 

So no, we won't ever agree, because you are talking nonsense and this is easily the closest I can remember this league being. 

There isn't an established top 6 anymore. The cabal has been penetrated. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Me neither, although sometimes too predictable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I don’t think anyone can pretend our games are as boring as what many fans put up with. While I want us to be as successful as possible I do want us to continue to try and play (at least the majority of the time) in a pleasing way as its that that brings me the most enjoyment. 

That said the games I’ve been most disappointed with are the likes of Sheffield United 2nd half. West Ham, Palace and Burnley away just to name a few. Games where we just seemed to be completely out of it (by half time in the later cases) while never really looking like coming back. 

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And here is a massive contradiction. 

Because Liverpool are the team running away with it. 

And they aren't one of your "3 or 4 teams", they have never won it. 

It's actually 6 though, not 3 or 4, and Liverpool will be the 7th. 

Arsenal are 10th, Man Utd are 7th, Chelsea are only 2 points above Sheffield United. 

Wolves, Sheffield United and Leicester all Norwich sized clubs in with a shout of European football. 

So no, we won't ever agree, because you are talking nonsense. 

Ok, slightly understated but in nearly 30 years of the PL of the 6 teams that have won it, 2 have only done so once and are highly unlikely ever to do so again.

In any one season there is normally only 3 of the elite teams in serious competition for the title, often only two and this season only one. The title 'race' has actually been a procession since .............well pretty much the start of the season.

If you find that interesting or exciting fair enough, I don't and nothing in what you've said addresses the fact that the majority of the teams have, and always have had, the objective of not being beaten in most games they play rather than a positive approach to try and win games. Avoiding relegation is the be all and end all for two thirds of the teams in the Premiership and it makes for very dull games indeed.

I'm very happy to see Farke's team try to play good entertaining football even if it does get us relegated. In fact there is one downside, and one only, to getting relegated IMO and that is that we likely lose some of the players we most enjoy watching. But that is the way of the world in modern football and could well happen anyway even if we stay up.

8 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Ok, slightly understated but in nearly 30 years of the PL of the 6 teams that have won it, 2 have only done so once and are highly unlikely ever to do so again.

In any one season there is normally only 3 of the elite teams in serious competition for the title, often only two and this season only one. The title 'race' has actually been a procession since .............well pretty much the start of the season.

If you find that interesting or exciting fair enough, I don't and nothing in what you've said addresses the fact that the majority of the teams have, and always have had, the objective of not being beaten in most games they play rather than a positive approach to try and win games. Avoiding relegation is the be all and end all for two thirds of the teams in the Premiership and it makes for very dull games indeed.

I'm very happy to see Farke's team try to play good entertaining football even if it does get us relegated. In fact there is one downside, and one only, to getting relegated IMO and that is that we likely lose some of the players we most enjoy watching. But that is the way of the world in modern football and could well happen anyway even if we stay up.

I said that this season is the most open it has ever been, and your counter argument is to remind everybody of the various times that Man Utd (7th), Chelsea (4th) and Arsenal (10th) have been dominant. 

Ok then. 

What you are actually saying is that Norwich are too far away from the standard, that's true but look at Sheffield United. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I said that this season is the most open it has ever been, and your counter argument is to remind everybody of the various times that Man Utd (7th), Chelsea (4th) and Arsenal (10th) have been dominant. 

Ok then. 

What you are actually saying is that Norwich are too far away from the standard, that's true but look at Sheffield United. 

No that clearly isn't what I'm saying - you're saying 'that this season is the most open it has ever been' and I'm saying that it isn't because it has been a one horse race from the start.

This may be a bit of a novelty but in terms of having an interesting and genuinely competitive competition it is even worse than the two or three horse race that the Premier League delivers as standard year after year whilst most of the other teams play negative football in an attempt to avoid relegation - that is what I am saying.

Our position in all of this is pretty irrelevant to my view of the Premiership which has always been that it has been shaped by the vast TV money into an entertainment for TV viewers at the expense of the real fans attending games, and that whilst Sky have very successfully hyped the product to that audience it simply isnt as exciting or as entertaining as leagues such as the Championship.

Leagues which are genuinely competetive and in which most teams go out every week believing that they can win and actually play to win rather than to avoid defeat. Leagues which are not necessarily entirely level playing fields but are still much, much closer to that than the PL. Leagues where good managers and coaches can make a difference without spending tens of millions of pounds on players. Leagues in which it can be quite difficult to predict the outcome of games - that is what I'm saying.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

On 18/02/2020 at 18:42, Big Vince said:

But surely this is what Chase did - sell players in order to go again with quality replacements. Bruce out. Fleck in.

So why has Chase been depicted as the pantomime villain ever since?

He started lying to the fans + didn't he award his own company a maintenence contract? He did become a bit shady. 

44 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

No that clearly isn't what I'm saying - you're saying 'that this season is the most open it has ever been' and I'm saying that it isn't because it has been a one horse race from the start.

This may be a bit of a novelty but in terms of having an interesting and genuinely competitive competition it is even worse than the two or three horse race that the Premier League delivers as standard year after year whilst most of the other teams play negative football in an attempt to avoid relegation - that is what I am saying.

Our position in all of this is pretty irrelevant to my view of the Premiership which has always been that it has been shaped by the vast TV money into an entertainment for TV viewers at the expense of the real fans attending games, and that whilst Sky have very successfully hyped the product to that audience it simply isnt as exciting or as entertaining as leagues such as the Championship.

Leagues which are genuinely competetive and in which most teams go out every week believing that they can win and actually play to win rather than to avoid defeat. Leagues which are not necessarily entirely level playing fields but are still much, much closer to that than the PL. Leagues where good managers and coaches can make a difference without spending tens of millions of pounds on players. Leagues in which it can be quite difficult to predict the outcome of games - that is what I'm saying.

So you don't like the Premier League because we can't win it? I'm enjoying it because of the way Leicester and Sheff Utd are schooling Arsenal and Man Utd. 

Does this mean that Rotherham and Millwall fans hate the Championship because they are always in a relegation fight or would we just point at Brentford (or Bournmouth!) In the same way that people can point at Sheffield United in the Premier League? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Lol, so none of the seasons in between are relevant? So you only care on an individual season basis?

10 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I don't think that's even relevant to the context of my post. Coventry don't even have a ground. The binners don't either to be fair. Just own a couple of stands. Or perhaps one of Marcus Evans' companies owns them now....

In context of how you think the pecking order should work Coventry should be spending years established in the PL after having a 32 year stint that ended less than 20 years ago.

Coventry sold their assets, including their stadium and gambled everything on staying in the premier league. Will they ever return with nowhere to call home?

We've played good football this year and been entertaining sadly we've defended badly at times and not had a big enough goal spread ,but farke been good ,yes the late subs and sometimes negative team line ups have not been good ,but I'm still happy with him😄

On 20/02/2020 at 20:30, nutty nigel said:

So even if Coventry get promotion they are still enjoying the race to oblivion ? You can sing that to their fans when we play them next season.

Of course he can’t take them any further.

because he was given the lowest transfer budget in PL history.

Even the very best manager in the world would struggle with that budget.

Every time we go up the gap gets bigger, shame the board don’t realise that.

Still their main aim is to be self supporting , that they will achieve.

2 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

Of course he can’t take them any further.

because he was given the lowest transfer budget in PL history.

Even the very best manager in the world would struggle with that budget.

Every time we go up the gap gets bigger, shame the board don’t realise that.

Still their main aim is to be self supporting , that they will achieve.

Write down on a piece of paper the names of the players Farke has signed in last couple of years. 

Thirty players, I believe, so don't give me all that lowest transfer budget since sliced bread rubbish. He has signed plenty of players.

Edited by Number9

32 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Write down on a piece of paper the names of the players Farke has signed in last couple of years. 

Thirty players, I believe, so don't give me all that lowest transfer budget since sliced bread rubbish. He has signed plenty of players.

It’s a very, very low budget.