Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

I seriously question Farkes ability fo take this team any further

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It’s not really hindsight though is it and it’s happened repeatedly. Everyone around me is calling for him to make subs almost every week around the 65 minute mark. Wolves was one that really p**sed me off. 

True we’ve repeatedly been playing well at around the 65min mark with no obvious substitutions to make

• Like 1

We have failed to be competitive within this league, we will be relegated with one of if not the lowest points tally we have ever achieved in this division and yet we cannot  question the manager at all!

Or the board or anything at all Norwich City! Everything is just dandy all the time and we’re all whistling zippity doo dah out of our ar$eholes all day long. 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

He has got us playing some of the best Football  Most Norwich fans have ever seen 

BUT i think questions have to be asked about how we have taken more points from the top teams than the teams at the bottom 

Great football but above the Championship winning football ?

So hard to Judge really what the season might have been with a bit of money to spend and No injuries 

just my opinion though i think he will leave this summer 

Cannot any Premiership club rushing out to poach the manager of a team finishing probably bottom of the league

The club is sticking to the model Webber set out. Farke is sticking to his footballing philosophy whilst trying to adapt to the complexities of the PL. Whilst not being happy to be relegated, most fans understand this approach. Some, the inpatient glory hunting fans want us to splash the cash, risk the financial future of the club and still risk relegation. It’s pretty obvious where you stand on it all.

• Like 3

The more you post the more confident I am that we'll stay up. You've never been right yet Hardhouse!

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The more you post the more confident I am that we'll stay up. You've never been right yet Hardhouse!

Yeah, and Hard House is for Pu$$ies, Rock Hard DnB is for real men.

Edited by wcorkcanary

I don't think it's Farke's fault that his second choice striker is of limited ability, just to answer one of your points. 

The decision was made not to spend, and if limited to the free agent or low cost loan markets then you are going to find your options somewhat limited. 

Other than that, I also wonder whether the system we have built around is ever going to work at this level without the type of money we are never going to have.

It does feel like our choice is between being the boys who play the sexy football in the Championship, a seat which is being kept warm by Brentford this season, or being a Sheffield United or Burnley in the Premier League. 

I suppose both have their merits, but Burnley and Sheffield United get the TV money next season and we don't....

.... I too don't really see where this all goes, unless we sell a couple of our stars and we look somewhat different after the rebuild that it finances. 

He is one of our best ever managers. Gets his players to play attractive football. Yes, he does need to be braver with subs (imo) and to try to dictate and lead momentum rather than respond to setbacks in the game. To suggest he cannot take the team any further however is a big over-reaction. People have faults, nobody is perfect. Yet folk learn. I'm sure Farke will.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

The club is sticking to the model Webber set out. Farke is sticking to his footballing philosophy whilst trying to adapt to the complexities of the PL. Whilst not being happy to be relegated, most fans understand this approach. Some, the inpatient glory hunting fans want us to splash the cash, risk the financial future of the club and still risk relegation. It’s pretty obvious where you stand on it all.

This 35+ year plus season ticket holder wasn’t question the spending of money in fact the opening line of my post said I wasn’t interested in that. I was and still am questioning the ability of the current manager to take this team forwards.

glory hunters don’t support Norwich city for 40 years plus and wanting better and more doesn’t immediately mean I want the club to risk its existence. 

my loyalty though lies with the club with Norwich City, not Farke, not Delia they will come and go. I honestly believe we could have done better this season with the resources we had. 

2 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

This 35+ year plus season ticket holder

Well done you. Something to be proud of. But you can absolutely still be a glory hunter, and wanting to risk the future of the club doesn’t sound like your interests are best placed at all.

You mention you’re not allowed to question the board, what else are you talking about if not recruitment and spending?  I wasn’t reacting to the OP but your rant that we’re all whistling out of our ‘behinds’ etc.

Your reaction and posts sound like someone simply sad at us losing a lot in the PL and finding any excuse to criticise. When I don’t think that criticism is valid, I’ll respond as I have done.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

The OP wanted him gone last season too. It's a yearly rant. Many others agreed with him. Amazing that we won the league and were apparently "One City Strong"....

He's entitled to his views and to express them. If he hasn't ever warmed to Farke, then so be it.

Personally I think Farke has been too loyal to his young players. Cantwell has given away loads of possession in dangerous areas, and its only because he's scored six goals that he stays in the team over Vrancic or Hernandez for example. 

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

He's entitled to his views and to express them. If he hasn't ever warmed to Farke, then so be it.

He certainly is. And I'm entitled to mine. I don't really get what you're saying buddy?

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

The OP wanted him gone last season too. It's a yearly rant. Many others agreed with him. Amazing that we won the league and were apparently "One City Strong"....

He's one of those posters where if it turns out you read his post and have the opposite thoughts, you can sleep peacefully knowing you're likely right.

16 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Of course although anyone who didn't rate Farke after last season can hardly be taken seriously.

42 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Yes, he does need to be braver with subs

If he can't be brave when we're looking dead and buried, when we have absolutely nothing to lose, then when would he ever be? 

That said, he doesn't exactly have a bench full of match winners does he.

10 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Forget all this he wasn't backed by the owners I'm not interested in all that at the moment. I am questioning his use of the players he has got!

Rupp in for Emi! Really. Someone saying on another thread we're never happy and that the boss is making us hard to beat! Spare me. Should have done that the first time we played them and the subsequent games. Not now the horse is so far from the barn he needs a passport!

Yet again he watches on as the opposition bring on fresh legs whilst from the 60th minute on Rupp and the camp town racetrack 5 miles long are blowing out of their un match fit ar$es.

We had weathered the storm of livepool possession and with half an hour to go it was primed for the introductions of some pace from Hernandez and some creative guile from Emi.

But no yet again through either fear of not scraping a pointless nil nil draw (which as we know in the end we didn't) or of just shear bloody mindedness we wait until 10 minutes from the end to throw on Emi who yes we were crying out for, but also the totally inept Demic. 

Ok fine if youre throwing on a blistering forward of match winner pedigree but not Demic. We needed to create things for the our actual goalscoring forward already out there constanly starved of good service.

Sorry but what did it matter if after 60 minutes we lost 1 nil or 3 nil, or for that matter drew nil nil.

We should have looked to win. Yes win against the worlds best. They were having an off night, the conditions were leveling the playing field a little and some pace and guile would have put there fullback under some pressure, which is the best way to get a liverpool.

Poor management, poor tactics!

I seriously question your mental faculties.

Farke has taken this team further in under 3 years than even the most positive fan (Lakey, that used to be you) could have imagined.

The best Premiership team of the last decade just scraped a win at our place on Saturday, and had Farke had a few quid to spend on a decent front line, could potentially have lost out.

Given the extenuating circumstances since he took over, the incredible level of success he has had is absolutely remarkable. If you don't think he can, or deserves, the right to carry on building our squad, I suggest you **** off and support Glenn Roeder/Peter Grant/Alex Neil/Alan Irvine's latest projects.

Numpty.

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If he can't be brave when we're looking dead and buried, when we have absolutely nothing to lose, then when would he ever be? 

And that's the point, isn't it. One team was able to bring Mane and Fabinho on, to accompany Salah and Firminho, which ended up being the marginal gain required to win a very tight match.

Reckon Farke would be reticent to make changes if we had anything even vaguely approaching that caliber on the bench?

The very simple fact is we don't have the level of quality required to change games - moaning about Farke's late subs does nothing to change this.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Personally I think Farke has been too loyal to his young players. Cantwell has given away loads of possession in dangerous areas, and its only because he's scored six goals that he stays in the team over Vrancic or Hernandez for example. 

Well yeah but that's the way it is  he Wii improve 😄

The timing of this post, and several others over the last 48 hours, is utterly bizarre given we’ve just run the world champions unbelievably close, the same team that has battered some of the best in Europe, and in defeat, we’ve lost 1-0. If Tettey had hit it an inch inside, if Rupp had just put a little more leather on that ball... that’s how close.

I surely can’t be the only one scratching my head at the timing of all this negativity?

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion; even wildly incorrect ones, like his.

Last season was the first season my son was interested in football, living 200+ miles from Norwich, it was not a foregone conclusion that he would support City (despite my suggestions). Having watched pretty much all of our games with me and going to a few away games, he became hooked on City (and has convinced most of his class to also support us). I 100% have Farke and his style of play to thank for that. I would not change last season for anything, it was the best season I have ever witnessed, even the UEFA cup season when I was starting to get interested in football as a boy. (Edit - I forgot my point) - if that means we are underwhelming this season and try again next, it was definitely worth it.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

This 35+ year plus season ticket holder

Why is this relevant here? Does time spent equal knowledge and define opinion validity?

Always amuses when I see this sort of thing stated as an argument as to why someone is right. Especially when the argument that follows has zero to do with actual time, but more 'listen to me, I've been here for this long'

Edited by Flying Dutchman

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think we have to be grateful he gave the valuable assets plenty of game time in the last 2 seasons. That was brave when things didn’t look good and the pending sales will hopefully finance a decent rebuild.

11 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

True we’ve repeatedly been playing well at around the 65min mark with no obvious substitutions to make

What? Our starts to the second half have been consistently bad and our midfielders are regularly blowing out of their a***s after about 65 minutes. 

11 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

They don't have to be obvious though- you want a manager to try and proactively change a game. I'd love to know how many times Farke has made a substitution just after we've conceded- feels like a pretty regular thing. 

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

They don't have to be obvious though- you want a manager to try and proactively change a game. I'd love to know how many times Farke has made a substitution just after we've conceded- feels like a pretty regular thing. 

What probably doesn't help a head coach make proactive substitutions is every time he has, i've yet to see us improve on the pitch. We've normally been worse.

• Like 1

The last couple of seasons under Farke has seen some of the best football played at CR for years I do question his inability to use his subs earlier. 

• Thanks 1

Farke doesn't make subs until we are losing. Even when we are under the cosh, or it is clear as day players are knackered and a goal is coming for the opposition he still will not change anything until we inevitably concede. It has happened time and time and time again this season. Not good management. He also will never change a team that doesn't lose, even when individuals have a bad game and there are much better options to come in. He doesn't know how to change a game, he waits for the opposition manager to do it for him. Inevitably at our cost. Last season he worked wonders, but the past is the past. In the here and now he is falling short on a weekly basis. I would argue this squad isn't as bad as a lot of our fans and even Farke himself seems to strangely suggest in interviews. He just isn't getting the most out of them. Farke isn't beyond scrutiny or criticism guys. 

All the best. K. Scott.