Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

I seriously question Farkes ability fo take this team any further

Forget all this he wasn't backed by the owners I'm not interested in all that at the moment. I am questioning his use of the players he has got!

Rupp in for Emi! Really. Someone saying on another thread we're never happy and that the boss is making us hard to beat! Spare me. Should have done that the first time we played them and the subsequent games. Not now the horse is so far from the barn he needs a passport!

Yet again he watches on as the opposition bring on fresh legs whilst from the 60th minute on Rupp and the camp town racetrack 5 miles long are blowing out of their un match fit ar$es.

We had weathered the storm of livepool possession and with half an hour to go it was primed for the introductions of some pace from Hernandez and some creative guile from Emi.

But no yet again through either fear of not scraping a pointless nil nil draw (which as we know in the end we didn't) or of just shear bloody mindedness we wait until 10 minutes from the end to throw on Emi who yes we were crying out for, but also the totally inept Demic. 

Ok fine if youre throwing on a blistering forward of match winner pedigree but not Demic. We needed to create things for the our actual goalscoring forward already out there constanly starved of good service.

Sorry but what did it matter if after 60 minutes we lost 1 nil or 3 nil, or for that matter drew nil nil.

We should have looked to win. Yes win against the worlds best. They were having an off night, the conditions were leveling the playing field a little and some pace and guile would have put there fullback under some pressure, which is the best way to get a liverpool.

Poor management, poor tactics!

Good manager, happy to back his judgements whether I agree with them or not. The fact I happen to disagree with some of them doesn’t to me mean he can’t take us any further, it just means I have a different point of view.

• Like 7

I am guessing as you can’t even spell our players names correctly you are either 12 years old ( half term ) or a binner.

The main reason he is here is as head coach and to develop young talent. Think he’s done that pretty well. 
Had the season have started 8 weeks ago it is likely ( in my opinion ) that we would have been much more competitive, even playing 5 at the back in games such as Saturdays.

• Like 1

Demic? Have you been under a stone since last summer?

Drmic may have had his injury problems, but I for one would be interested to see him up to speed. For the time he’s played, and without a run in the side to get up to said speed, he’s done pretty well. I think that’s the factor here, not his pedigree or ability. Infact there are a few that perhaps feel now that he is fit, and with Teemu currently out of goal scoring form, he deserves a start. Hard to argue with.

Not many thought this could be a game where we could realistically get points from. A tricky one for Daniel as we weren’t far off from securing a draw there with the 11 that had performed so admirably, with the chance to possibly nick it ourselves before Mane scored his goal. So I can understand him not wishing to upset the equilibrium. 

47 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Forget all this he wasn't backed by the owners I'm not interested in all that at the moment. I am questioning his use of the players he has got!

Rupp in for Emi! Really. Someone saying on another thread we're never happy and that the boss is making us hard to beat! Spare me. Should have done that the first time we played them and the subsequent games. Not now the horse is so far from the barn he needs a passport!

Yet again he watches on as the opposition bring on fresh legs whilst from the 60th minute on Rupp and the camp town racetrack 5 miles long are blowing out of their un match fit ar$es.

We had weathered the storm of livepool possession and with half an hour to go it was primed for the introductions of some pace from Hernandez and some creative guile from Emi.

But no yet again through either fear of not scraping a pointless nil nil draw (which as we know in the end we didn't) or of just shear bloody mindedness we wait until 10 minutes from the end to throw on Emi who yes we were crying out for, but also the totally inept Demic. 

Ok fine if youre throwing on a blistering forward of match winner pedigree but not Demic. We needed to create things for the our actual goalscoring forward already out there constanly starved of good service.

Sorry but what did it matter if after 60 minutes we lost 1 nil or 3 nil, or for that matter drew nil nil.

We should have looked to win. Yes win against the worlds best. They were having an off night, the conditions were leveling the playing field a little and some pace and guile would have put there fullback under some pressure, which is the best way to get a liverpool.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The OP may be right. But at the moment I think DF is safe in his job and as seems likely we will be back in the Championship, he will be the man to take us back up.

Yes we all have our thoughts on some of his tactics and decisions but overall, his style is so attractive and pleasing and currently what is the best for this club.

No doubt in years to come, the long ball will come back in fashion and even smoking will be good for you, but for the foreseeable future, its DF for me.

• Like 1

👔
54 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

EMIO9.thumb.jpg.33b856fbb6cd4ef1ad327a2c651e20ff.jpg

• Haha 2

Don't want him sacked. Think he is the right man to take us forward but by the same token I've been disappointed with his game management this season and I hope over the summer he will reflect and learn from it just like the players have had to adapt and learn too. 

For a club like us to stay up you need to have players and a manager that earns you a few undeserved points from time to time with a bit of extra nous or an inspired sub/change in tactics. I don't think we've had that at all this season. 

• Like 3

I don’t agree with the OP but I also am aware that we have not come back from a losing position at any point this season to get a result, inc cup games. That, in isolation, is simply not good enough. 

Edited by Clint
  • Like 1

To achieve what he has with the playing assets available to him is simply genius. He is in no danger whatsoever. Quite the best worst team we’re ever likely to see.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Highland Canary said:

To achieve what he has with the playing assets available to him is simply genius. He is in no danger whatsoever. Quite the best worst team we’re ever likely to see.

Wow, I agree with a post from Highland, whatever next ?!

You can question all you like HH 44 , but you wont like the answers. For all Emis brilliance ,on saturday I was left with one image burnt into my retinas. It wasnt his neat through ball to Pukki, it was a stationary figure in yellow, both arms raised ,midway between their penalty box and the halfway line. This figure had lost the ball, liverpool were instantly into our half and this figure was standing, doing sweet fa, as the rest of the team scrambled to get back into defensive shape.  I know his stats on assists and tackles are very good, but how much better would they be if he packed in this ridiculous act that is all too familiar. I doubt it has escaped DFs  attention either. As the old saying goes ....there's no 'I' in Team.  Theres a pretty big one in Emi though.

Emi is undoubtedly a talented player, but.......and this is a very big but, he is also a liabilty sometimes. Watch Rupp, nowhere near as gifted as Emi, but the lad never stops working, if dispossessed, he instantly switches to recovery mode, no histrionics, no ref chasing, no 30 seconds sat on the ground feeling sorry for himself, just hard work. 

For the sake of the team, it is sometimes better to get 100 % of a lesser player than 70% of a more talented one.

Remember , at this point in the game Emi WAS the fresh legs!!! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Putting it another way.

Up until they scored we had used 12 of our players against the best club team in the world right now and we were 0-0, having had at least one golden opportunity to score.

Of that 12 probably only 2 or 3  will go in the summer. The rest will in all probability be playing in a league below, for us, and not against probably the best club team in the world!

I accept we 'could' have done better in a few games, but by and large DF has been superb for us and what ever happens at the end of this season, if he stays I for one will yet again be enjoying my season ticket at Carrow Rd.

It was painfully obvious that we needed to make subs at 70 mins, we may well have got something out of the game, unfortunately Farkes intransigence yet again he sat on his hands and all our good work up to that point was wasted.

Subs at 83 & 84 mins? The teams we're up against in the prem may not have 11 better players than us but they're more professional in game management. 

Farke doesn't appear to have learnt any lessons from last season in the chump.

22 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Putting it another way.

Up until they scored we had used 12 of our players against the best club team in the world right now and we were 0-0, having had at least one golden opportunity to score.

Of that 12 probably only 2 or 3  will go in the summer. The rest will in all probability be playing in a league below, for us, and not against probably the best club team in the world!

I accept we 'could' have done better in a few games, but by and large DF has been superb for us and what ever happens at the end of this season, if he stays I for one will yet again be enjoying my season ticket at Carrow Rd.

I’m not questioning what he did for us last season in the championship and I sure he’ll do well again next season if he can find another 30 goal striker. But they don’t come along very often and not for buckshee. What I was questioning is his ability to manage a team on the pitch in play and affect a result.

some people are in love with the guy I accept that, for me he’s a two edged sword. All managers go in the end either they get head hunted or they get the sack. Many of the one who get the sack were loved only a few seasons prior. Yes he is loved now but 15 games in to next season and sitting in mid table is he a bust flush. You tell me.

the two sides of our manger for me are his clear ability to coach players, set up a playing style that is attractive and offensively very successful be that only proven at championship level. And his inability to adapt from the style and set up to combat opponents ability prematch and very much so during.

Definitely think Farke can take us further. He's done an incredible job with the funds he's had, and brought on so many players.

BUT my biggest gripe remains his man management of subs. Frake is obsessed with his starting 11, and we regularly don't see any changes until last 10 mins.

But our players get kn&ckered, and yet again, the opposition made changes around 60 mins. Yes, Mane is a super player, but his entry inserted real threat and energy against our teams that had done superbly. It's poor man management to think that tiring legs can keep up with fresh, energetic legs. I get Farke doesn't want to upset the equilibrium, but equally we need to match the oppositions changes for tactics and energy.

How many times have we seen our team clinging on, but the signs are the game is slipping away, and then the opposition makes subs, goes ahead, and we're chasing the game yet again. All too little too late.

It's about your squad, not just having faith that the starting 11 will do the business. The squad and subs should help protect the initial 11 by bringing on energy to close out the game. Farke still doesn't seem to have learnt that.

Absolutely stick with Farke. The grass isn;t greener, and he's a superb coach still learning in likley the hardest league on the planet. We need him next year wherever we finish!   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

I’m not questioning what he did for us last season in the championship and I sure he’ll do well again next season if he can find another 30 goal striker. But they don’t come along very often and not for buckshee. What I was questioning is his ability to manage a team on the pitch in play and affect a result.

some people are in love with the guy I accept that, for me he’s a two edged sword. All managers go in the end either they get head hunted or they get the sack. Many of the one who get the sack were loved only a few seasons prior. Yes he is loved now but 15 games in to next season and sitting in mid table is he a bust flush. You tell me.

the two sides of our manger for me are his clear ability to coach players, set up a playing style that is attractive and offensively very successful be that only proven at championship level. And his inability to adapt from the style and set up to combat opponents ability prematch and very much so during.

Or he could do a Sean Dyche. Almost 8 years in charge, a relegation, 2 promotions and now as close to an established PL side as its possible to be these days.

An anomaly? For me a blueprint and a strong possibility of what could be our future

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

It was painfully obvious that we needed to make subs at 70 mins, we may well have got something out of the game, unfortunately Farkes intransigence yet again he sat on his hands and all our good work up to that point was wasted.

Subs at 83 & 84 mins? The teams we're up against in the prem may not have 11 better players than us but they're more professional in game management. 

Farke doesn't appear to have learnt any lessons from last season in the chump.

This again. As has been stated before, our best spell in the game was around the time Liverpool scored. There was no obvious changes to make and it took a piece of brilliance for Mane to score. 

Hindsights a wonderful thing. Changing some players may still have resulted in us losing the game (all too often changes haven’t been effective enough, which is obviously Farkes fault too) but I bet they’d have been another reason to blame Farke for the loss then too.

He has got us playing some of the best Football  Most Norwich fans have ever seen 

BUT i think questions have to be asked about how we have taken more points from the top teams than the teams at the bottom 

Great football but above the Championship winning football ?

So hard to Judge really what the season might have been with a bit of money to spend and No injuries 

just my opinion though i think he will leave this summer 

7 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

This again. As has been stated before, our best spell in the game was around the time Liverpool scored. There was no obvious changes to make and it took a piece of brilliance for Mane to score. 

Hindsights a wonderful thing. Changing some players may still have resulted in us losing the game (all too often changes haven’t been effective enough, which is obviously Farkes fault too) but I bet they’d have been another reason to blame Farke for the loss then too.

It seemed obvious to me at the time, some of our players were looking tired out, they had grafted well but the tide was starting to turn against us. 

It's easy to see how making a change with 5 minutes left to play wouldn't be effective. What was he trying to do? We were losing for goodness sake, Klopp made his changes at 60 mins and his sub scored the goal.

I believe our players did well and I am sure that we could have got something from the game. 

The OP wanted him gone last season too. It's a yearly rant. Many others agreed with him. Amazing that we won the league and were apparently "One City Strong"....

• Haha 1

How do you combat opponents? You would have to be from another planet not to think that two thirds of this division have better players than us. And that leaves us in a dog fight with the rest. And we showed last season that we are prepared to try and outscore the opposition not out defend them. We tried to defend against Liverpool and we still lost. And it doesn't matter if they are the best team in the world at the moment because that phrase answers your question.

50 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

It’s not really hindsight though is it and it’s happened repeatedly. Everyone around me is calling for him to make subs almost every week around the 65 minute mark. Wolves was one that really p**sed me off.