Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Man City and the likes

The PL is not a level playing field, but has got worse by the likes of Man City working their financial clout to skirt round so called rules.

there others doing the same, even in the Champs with selling their grounds and so on.

Hope they all get stung. 

Sadly for many years now it’s all about money, very little about the sport itself.

Clubs bought for investment rather than any real feelings for the club.

6 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

PL should do the same as the RFU did with Saracens and relegate them

The Premier League are going to be under real pressure from other clubs to relegate Manchester City. What they have done is disgraceful and their only defence seems to be that UEFA hasn't followed proper procedures. 

The only effective long term solution to this problem is for England to adopt the German ownership model

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/german-soccer-rules-50-1-fifty-plus-one-explained-466583.jsp

A bit of bum nipping must be taking place at the likes of Villa, Derby and Sheff Wed i would imagine.

21 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The Premier League are going to be under real pressure from other clubs to relegate Manchester City. What they have done is disgraceful and their only defence seems to be that UEFA hasn't followed proper procedures. 

The only effective long term solution to this problem is for England to adopt the German ownership model

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/german-soccer-rules-50-1-fifty-plus-one-explained-466583.jsp

Won’t be many clubs doing that I would suggest as many seem to do similar things. If they relegate Man City, Bournemouth and Villa for starters have to go. 

58 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

The PL is not a level playing field, but has got worse by the likes of Man City working their financial clout to skirt round so called rules.

there others doing the same, even in the Champs with selling their grounds and so on.

Hope they all get stung. 

Sadly for many years now it’s all about money, very little about the sport itself.

Clubs bought for investment rather than any real feelings for the club.

Couldn't have put it better! But they have the financial power not to get stung... I mean the influence clubs like Real Madrid etc. have on the corrupt FIFA/UEFA is massive... 
As I have said in other threads , my interest in NCFC will always be there , but my interest for football in general has declined because of the money...

This sounds great, Man City, Villa  and Bournemouth relegated and we're allowed to stay up i(f the miracle doesnt happen).

We can dream,. as if they'd have the balls to relegate Man City (the other two maybe!)

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

Won’t be many clubs doing that I would suggest as many seem to do similar things. If they relegate Man City, Bournemouth and Villa for starters have to go. 

Bournemouth broke Football League FFP rules when they were promoted and paid a fine. There is no evidence to suggest that they have broken Premier League rules. 

What is different about Manchester City is that they have disguised money going into the club in order to avoid European FFP restrictions. Bournemouth and Aston Villa have been open about their finances whereas City have created an elaborate web of foreign companies to hide the fact that they have been cheating. They claim money from those companies was sponsorship when it was actually money that came from their owner.

They have been accused by UEFA of lying about the source of the money and failing to assist with their investigation. They are also accused of falling to supply documents and information to support their arguments. 

The problem with Villa and Bournemouth is that if a club flouts the rules and gets promoted the EFL can't touch them, unless they get relegated. This is a problem unique to the UK as other European countries only have one governing body. 

2 hours ago, rock bus said:

This sounds great, Man City, Villa  and Bournemouth relegated and we're allowed to stay up i(f the miracle doesnt happen).

We can dream,. as if they'd have the balls to relegate Man City (the other two maybe!)

Knowing how our season is going they would relegate Villa and Bournemouth and we’d still be the other team to go down. Then next year they would relegate Watford too. 

Never going to relegate Man City, would be too bad for TV ratings... best to pick on less worthy clubs and make an example of them instead. 

Edited by Surfer

Would love to see them relegated to the championship for two seasons. Not going to happen of course as they are owned by one of the worlds richest families. That buys a lot of legal power and influence.

I do not follow rugby, but I think this is one time where the PL authorities show the same balls that the Rugby chief’s did with Saracens. That took real b0llocks inflicting such a strong but fair penalty, but I liked that they made such a strong statement for the good of their sport. The upper echelons of football could really take a leaf out of their book there, but they’ll never have the courage.