Sign in to follow this  
Misery Guts

Anyone else find this strange ?

If you should venture into the refreshment area of the family end or Jarrold stand , then you will be delighted to see that there is a picture of Robert Chase hanging as a "hall of famer" on a concrete pillar , with something along the lines of "chairman during Norwich''s golden era" etc. . Having started watching Norwich at the height of the ''Chase Out'' campaign and being all to familiar with what he did to the club , I find it amazing that his picture still hangs or has not been vandalised , one wonders if a peter risdale picture hangs in a similar place at Elland Road or a Ken Bates picture at Stamford Bridge. I would be intrested to see how other fans feel and if we should start a petition to have it removed from the ground , as I think it has been strategically placed in the family end as not to cause upset amongst more hardcore fans in the barclay etc.

2 FA cup semi finals, a stadium and training ground to be proud of, Europe and our highest ever tyop flight finish were all achieved under fat man Bob....

its a hall of fame... Fame can be good or bad... chase is in for both i think...

theres nothing hanging in the barclay.... except a burning effigy of worthington ;)

jas :)

When i was in the jarrold end at the youth cup match, there was a continuous flow of people lookinfg at the picture amazed and laughing in astonishment at too how he got in our hall of fame.

None of this nonesense in ''The Crypt'' if they are really famous they pass though on their own: like Dave Stringer. If they are quite famous they pass through on a conga comprising of the invited hangers on and confused staff from ''Breckland Carpet Tiles'' or whoever paid for the match ball: like Bryan Gunn; and if they are like Cedric Anselin or other ''stars'' they waunder through looking around to see if anyone gives them a glint of recognition while we stoically ignore them.

If they are infamous, and you might like to know Sheepshanks has followed through in ''The Crypt'' (Mumby was leading), the silence is agonising. Not a teacup rattles, conversations stop, eyes bore and the hubub starts up the split second they exit.

Incidentally, as I feared at the recent West ham match we had a Chav, yes a bloody Chav in ''The Crypt!'' There he sat in his cap, claret and blue shirt, puffa jacket, trainers and track suit trousers. I nearly bloody choked on my bourbon. He looked sort of lost in what must have felt like a very rarified atmospere, talk about a fish out of water I think he would have preferred the wrath of The Barclay to the subtle brush of Barbour and Tweed, serve him bloody right!

Have you noticed where the banner is placed? Right between the toilets! It''s the only place for him - I''m sure if many of us were charged with positioning the banners, we would have found somewhere more in the toilets [:)] but hey-ho they''ve done as well as they could have done.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

None of this nonesense in ''The Crypt'' if they are really famous they pass though on their own: like Dave Stringer. If they are quite famous they pass through on a conga comprising of the invited hangers on and confused staff from ''Breckland Carpet Tiles'' or whoever paid for the match ball: like Bryan Gunn; and if they are like Cedric Anselin or other ''stars'' they waunder through looking around to see if anyone gives them a glint of recognition while we stoically ignore them.

If they are infamous, and you might like to know Sheepshanks has followed through in ''The Crypt'' (Mumby was leading), the silence is agonising. Not a teacup rattles, conversations stop, eyes bore and the hubub starts up the split second they exit.

Incidentally, as I feared at the recent West ham match we had a Chav, yes a bloody Chav in ''The Crypt!'' There he sat in his cap, claret and blue shirt, puffa jacket, trainers and track suit trousers. I nearly bloody choked on my bourbon. He looked sort of lost in what must have felt like a very rarified atmospere, talk about a fish out of water I think he would have preferred the wrath of The Barclay to the subtle brush of Barbour and Tweed, serve him bloody right!

[/quote]

The crypt - exactly where all the hamilton loving numpteys used to hang out.....  How many good words about Chase came from there! You loved those NCFC carpets....

The answers lies in parliament, after all look those in power who grace the commons and shower us with pearls of wisdom daily, just look at Blair, Kennedy and the like , and we are told that the answer lies in democracy,.  No! I don''t find it strange, the majority generally get it wrong, and even Chace was in favour at one time.  Probably First Wiz was his REP!!!