Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Rupp and Duda

They are two excellent pieces of business. They both strengthen the squad (Duda only for this season). I particularly like the look of Rupp. Good on the ball, lots of football intelligence and more physically dynamic than most of the midfielders we've got here already. Looks an absolute steal at just £500,000. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

They are two excellent pieces of business. They both strengthen the squad (Duda only for this season). I particularly like the look of Rupp. Good on the ball, lots of football intelligence and more physically dynamic than most of the midfielders we've got here already. Looks an absolute steal at just £500,000.

Duda we know we won't have get next year. Rupp, although I wasn't impressed early in his start at the club, looked to be very active today and stuck with his man very well. Not upset that he'll be here.

31 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Not convinced they are any better than what we’ve already got, agree ?

No. 

They are obviously, visibly, a better standard. 

Which is why we narrowly lost rather than getting tonked, and why buendia looked rubbish when he came on. 

What game do you people watch? 

I've been pleasantly surprised with Rupp. Looks like a real good player who naturally fits with how we play

So Buendia was rubbish for the whole 7 or 8 minutes he was on the pitch, according to some.

However, we only made two defence splitting passes all game that resulted in goal scoring opportunities and he made one of them.

Yes he comes with risks and he makes errors but he is always capable of pulling something out of the bag that creates a chance.

Capable players they may be but I haven't yet seen that quality yet from either Duda or Rupp.

• Like 2

Rupp looks like the definition of 7 out of 10 type player. Neat and tidy but not actually excellent at anything. Will probably be useful next season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Duda looks clearly the best option at #10 and Rupp has been solid enough.

Surprised that we didn't see Emi earlier yesterday but assume Farke was happy to try and take a point and Rupp is better suited to that.

I agree. Rupp will do a job this season but I don’t think they’ve really improved us at all and more than that I worry about the impact on the rest of the squad and particularly on Onel, Trybull, Vrancic and Stiepermann who are players we will need next season but can’t get on the pitch whilst these two stroll into the first team and get to start every week. I think it’s really dodgy man management.

Starting either of these two ahead of Emi is very questionable in my book. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nono said:

No. 

Which is why we narrowly lost rather than getting tonked, and why buendia looked rubbish when he came on. 

They are obviously, visibly, not.

ok maybe they are being asked to do a different job but they both created absolutely nothing and the link up with Pukki was non existent.

im not unhappy we signed them both but I don’t understand why we are not playing our best side (at least for large chunks of games) when draws are largely meaningless for us and we need wins.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I agree. Rupp will do a job this season but I don’t think they’ve really improved us at all and more than that I worry about the impact on the rest of the squad and particularly on Onel, Trybull, Vrancic and Stiepermann who are players we will need next season but can’t get on the pitch whilst these two stroll into the first team and get to start every week. I think it’s really dodgy man management.

Starting either of these two ahead of Emi is very questionable in my book. 

Sorry should say next season. 

I thought Rupp was poor yesterday. Duda wasnt at his best but it's a hard game to judge any non defensive player because they are staying disciplined for the team and dont have the opportunities to play to their strengths.

Duda is class and wont be here next season anyway.

Rupp is a good reliable squad player, donecwell overall since he joined,an upgraded Simon Lappin.

5 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Rupp is a good reliable squad player, donecwell overall since he joined,an upgraded Simon Lappin.

King of Germany

Can understand Rupp starting yesterday in the need to contain Liverpool....but absolutely has to be Buendia from here on in, we have to go out to try and win every game from here ...sh!t or bust...and our best attacking players must be on the pitch.

The interesting thing there is whether Farke tries to find a place for Rupp elsewhere in the team ..and at the expense of who?

...as for Duda, clearly a decent player...but not convinced he's the answer to the chipping in with goals from the no.10 position problem

...I've said it before, I do find it strange that we'd never tried Cantwell Buendia Hernandez as the three behind Pukki at any stage this season?

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

8 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Can understand Rupp starting yesterday in the need to contain Liverpool....but absolutely has to be Buendia from here on in, we have to go out to try and win every game from here ...sh!t or bust...and our best attacking players must be on the pitch.

The interesting thing there is whether Farke tries to find a place for Rupp elsewhere in the team ..and at the expense of who?

...as for Duda, clearly a decent player...but not convinced he's the answer to the chipping in with goals from the no.10 position problem

...I've said it before, I do find it strange that we'd never tried Cantwell Buendia Hernandez as the three behind Pukki at any stage this season?

Bunedia, Duda and Hernandez is the three I'd like to see behind Pukki. Then Vrancic behind with Trybull / Mclean / Rupp. I can't contemplate another season with Tettey as the preferred CDM. 

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

Bunedia, Duda and Hernandez is the three I'd like to see behind Pukki. Then Vrancic behind with Trybull / Mclean / Rupp. I can't contemplate another season with Tettey as the preferred CDM. 

Even though he’s been out best midfielder this season (bar Cantwell) and far more consistent than any of the others you mention?

27 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Even though he’s been out best midfielder this season (bar Cantwell) and far more consistent than any of the others you mention?

I think that depends on how you view it. 

For me, the fact Tettey can be considered one of our better midfielders points more to a failure in player recruitment and squad usage. This club should be miles past Tettey now.

In Tettey, I see a player who works hard and holds his position well, but ultimately isn't physically able to dominate a midfield against other Premier League teams.  I suppose if he is one of our better midfielders, the fact we are comfortably bottom of the league says it all and shouldn't come as a surprise. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 2

Rupp is clearly there to protect. We're too open with Buendia and Cantwell. If both are to play aganist the big sides we need two strong DMs protecting. Which we currently do not have. 

2 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

For me, the fact Tettey can be considered one of our better midfielders points more to a failure in player recruitment and squad usage. This club should be miles past Tettey now. 

In Tettey, I see a player who works hard and holds his position well, but ultimately isn't physically able to dominate a midfield against other Premier League teams. 

Yep.

It sounds harsh but I'm not sure Tettey is in the 18 of any other team in this league, let alone a starting xi regular. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

In Tettey, I see a player who works hard and holds his position well, but ultimately isn't physically able to dominate a midfield against other Premier League teams. 

This sums up how people see the game differently. I just don't understand how you reach that view of Tetty.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nono said:

No. 

Buendea looked rubbish?? What game do you people watch....

3 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

This sums up how people see the game differently. I just don't understand how you reach that view of Tetty.

Well, we don't win enough games and we're bottom of the league. Tettey holds one of the most important positions in the team. That's not to blame our predicament on him, far from it, but Tettey is a fire fighter not a EPL matchwinner. 

There's a huge amount of sentiment included in peoples judgement of Tettey. We should have replaced him three years ago. 

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Rupp did ok. He will be ok in the championship

I might be wrong but I doubt that anybody over the last couple of seasons has ever classed Buendia as just being "ok"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Well, we don't win enough games and we're bottom of the league. Tettey holds one of the most important positions in the team. That's not to blame our predicament on him, far from it, but Tettey is a fire fighter not a EPL matchwinner. 

There's a huge amount of sentiment included in peoples judgement of Tettey. We should have replaced him three years ago. 

I completely disagree. It’s having Tettey there that enables us to play more attacking players ahead of him. He does his job well. It’s the other midfield positions where we have struggled although I think both Vrancic and Trybull have been harshly treated. 

35 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

In Tettey, I see a player who works hard and holds his position well, but ultimately isn't physically able to dominate a midfield against other Premier League teams.  I suppose if he is one of our better midfielders, the fact we are comfortably bottom of the league says it all and shouldn't come as a surprise. 

I agree but for different reasons! I woudn't play Tettey either but I think he is physically but not technically able. He can run around, shield the defence, tackle etc but if the other team lets him have the ball, he won't do anything with it.  Our system relies on all players being technically very good with the ball and able to make progressive passes; Tettey may %wise be OK at passing but they are always nothing passes that I could make. I want to see a central midfield comprised of Rupp  or Trybull alongside Vrancic or McClean (or dare I say Leitner!). The three behind Pukki should be Cantwell, Duda and Buendia but Hernandez given >15 minutes at the end, against tiring legs.

28 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I completely disagree. It’s having Tettey there that enables us to play more attacking players ahead of him. He does his job well. It’s the other midfield positions where we have struggled although I think both Vrancic and Trybull have been harshly treated. 

Yep, that's the narrative Jim. But in reality it isn't working, because we're bottom of the league. There are better players than Tettey for this role. Players in the championship too. 

What Tettey does give is experience and leadership qualities. In and around the squad I see an argument for his inclusion. But to command such a pivotal role as often as he does, nah, it's not good enough for where Norwich City are right now, or at least it shouldn't be. 

Edited by Il Pirata