Sign in to follow this  
BaltimoreBird

36 Points to Play For

This was the last game on the fixture list that I saw us grabbing zero from. Little did I know Norwich would grab all the confidence in the world from this game. There isn't a point on the schedule that we can't claim. I'm confident in 6 wins with more to come. We're staying up, book it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope you're right. Everything to play for, that is for sure and if we start getting a tiny bit of luck we might still mount a challenge to stay up. So disappointed we couldn't get something today, but as you say we should get some confidence from that performance. Onwards and hopefully upwards!

2 hours ago, BaltimoreBird said:

This was the last game on the fixture list that I saw us grabbing zero from. Little did I know Norwich would grab all the confidence in the world from this game. There isn't a point on the schedule that we can't claim. I'm confident in 6 wins with more to come. We're staying up, book it.

I am more than happy to offer you odds if you'd like to have a friendly wager. You've presumably forgotten Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea away. There is almost no chance of us getting enough points to stay up, but I would be delighted to pay you out if it happens!

9 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I am more than happy to offer you odds if you'd like to have a friendly wager. You've presumably forgotten Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea away. There is almost no chance of us getting enough points to stay up, but I would be delighted to pay you out if it happens!

You've presumably forgotten 9/14/19.

2 minutes ago, mr footy said:

A good result against wolves and we are back on track. Let's get behind this team .

All our close rivals are away from home next weekend. If we can scrape a win somehow, we would definitely be back in the hunt.

we’re likely to need 20 points from that 36. Doable but highly unlikely 

It’s ‘all or nothing’ now.

We need to get back to what we know best.

Two full-backs attacking down the flanks, putting in plenty of crosses. If that needs ‘three at three at the back’ to facilitate it, then time to switch.

Buendia has to start every game, and with his goals record, Cantwell possibly too.

Farke looks to make changes at ‘60minutes’, if needed. The run-in is for fourteen players giving ‘everything’ in every game.

We’ve run out of excuses.

Farke needs to step up.

The huge issue for me is that Pukki is not scoring but his overall play is good. Buendia seems to be way off form now too, could still be carrying a knock but those two need to be on tip top form if we are going to have even an outside chance.

Also looks like only 2 fit fullbacks for a while, hopefully Byram is not long term. A bit of an altercation between Zimmermann and McLean after the Mane goal and Zimbo went straight down the tunnel at the end.

A lot of challenges for Farke but realistically for me is can he deliver promotion next season. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

The huge issue for me is that Pukki is not scoring but his overall play is good. Buendia seems to be way off form now too, could still be carrying a knock but those two need to be on tip top form if we are going to have even an outside chance.

Also looks like only 2 fit fullbacks for a while, hopefully Byram is not long term. A bit of an altercation between Zimmermann and McLean after the Mane goal and Zimbo went straight down the tunnel at the end.

A lot of challenges for Farke but realistically for me is can he deliver promotion next season. 

Yep, if we defend like  we did yesterday, there not many championship teams gonna score  many against  us. Add our attacking talent,  against inferior defences to those we've faced this season, and we should be confident of  challenging,  no guarantees, of course but smart sales and additions will help.

There is all to play for and nothing is impossible.

However draws are not going to be enough now and we need to show more attacking intent and make more chances.

If that leaves us more open at the back then that is the risk we have to take.

After 70 minutes yesterday we had a chance of winning that game but after 80 minutes we were only ever going to lose it.

If we are to win games and get the points needed then we have no option but to go for it.