Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Ashton a hammer?

Well it looks like West Ham are determined to get Ashton.  See link below

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/4627044.stm

So who do we replace him with Cameron Jerome looks like the most likely target but is he the right type of striker, can we adapt our game to play Jerome and Mcveigh up front or should Throne get a run in the side?

Comments?

I think the deal has already been done and both clubs are just keeping it quiet,while NW trys to get players into the club without their prices going up over night like they would if they knew we had £8 mill burning a hole in our pockets!!!!!!.

The whole deal with robinsons transfer to me looks like a smoke screen so other clubs don''t ask silly money for players???.

Im not so sure. Seems a logical line however everything smacks of guesswork until we hear officially. Interestingly the usual ''sightings'' or ''he said she said'' have been noticably quiet perhaps the club has batoned down the hatches.

My view and thats all it is is that negotiations/bids are ongoing but there may be a pre deadline dealine the club are working to e.g. no later than one week before 31/01.

to be honest good work Alan Pardew.  He is a top class player and deserves to be in the top flight.  8 million is a lot of money but at a club like west ham he should do well. Certainly help them maintain their premiership status and is young hungry player.  Looks like pardew is building quite a squad there at the moment.

Lets hope worthy spends any moneys wisely..... how about a Halford/Jerome/Danns triple swoop - that would make my year!! (still not sure about 2 million+ for jerome, but should score the goals in this division)

Could be a double bluff !     the dark horse could be Mancity  ,   Deano  would definately  settle in quicker   oop north   ...[:O]

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

to be honest good work Alan Pardew.  He is a top class player and deserves to be in the top flight.  8 million is a lot of money but at a club like west ham he should do well. Certainly help them maintain their premiership status and is young hungry player.  Looks like pardew is building quite a squad there at the moment.

Lets hope worthy spends any moneys wisely..... how about a Halford/Jerome/Danns triple swoop - that would make my year!! (still not sure about 2 million+ for jerome, but should score the goals in this division)

[/quote]

I''d still love him to stay but I personally think it would be a very good piece of work by Norwich if we can eke out anything approaching £8m for him.  Assuming the money was put in the transfer kitty we could easily get 2-3 replacements in the £1m-£3m bracket rather than the c£250k-bracket that we seem to have been limited to, which could finally kick our season on. 

James, the veracity of your input needs to exceed your spelling ability in order for others to attach even the slightest credibility to your posts. Normally, I would not say anything on spelling inadequacies, but 2 words wrong out of a simple 5 word sentence, coupled with your separate thread TITLE where 2 words out of 3 are spelled incorrectly is very poor. Now, I know you can do better next time out. Use a spell checker and, in no time, improvement will be at hand.