Sign in to follow this  
Cliff the Canary

Can you imagine

Again honourable performance, for long periods held their own against best team in the world! Pundits again full of praise, best team ever to get relegated!

can you imagine if the club owners had risked a £20-£30 spend in the summer to supplement the squad and just give them that bit extra! If they had I doubt we’d be holding up the table!

The board is so risk adverse that an opportunity that has come too soon, is not pursued as it doesn’t fit the plan! 
Where is the risk if you have >£80m in PL money and playing assets that could be sold for >£50m?

What a missed opportunity! Hope it’s not one the club live to regret!

If we don’t come straight back up next year and there is a player exodus, will the apathetic fans amongst us except that and applaud Delia et el for keeping faith with the ‘model’?

sigh what a shame 

Just now, Cliff the Canary said:

Have a day of from being apathetic mate

I’d rather be apathetic than pathetic me old china plate

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Again honourable performance, for long periods held their own against best team in the world! Pundits again full of praise, best team ever to get relegated!

can you imagine if the club owners had risked a £20-£30 spend in the summer to supplement the squad and just give them that bit extra! If they had I doubt we’d be holding up the table!

The board is so risk adverse that an opportunity that has come too soon, is not pursued as it doesn’t fit the plan! 
Where is the risk if you have >£80m in PL money and playing assets that could be sold for >£50m?

What a missed opportunity! Hope it’s not one the club live to regret!

If we don’t come straight back up next year and there is a player exodus, will the apathetic fans amongst us except that and applaud Delia et el for keeping faith with the ‘model’?

sigh what a shame 

Not sure we'd have got much for 30 quid. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

Oohooo Cliff he's done ya mate 😂😂

I don’t think so! What part of my post is pathetic? It’s fact we have an ownership model that doesn’t allow the club to compete at the highest level! What’s pathetic is that you can’t see it, or refuse to believe it!

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Ok missed the ‘m’ 😜

you should be a proof writer

2 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Oh good, this again. Thanks for bringing it up, I was worried it might go unmentioned

You’re right! I’m so sorry I showed ambition!

theres no place for that as a Norwich fan! Tail between legs I’ll walk away 

2 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

You’re right! I’m so sorry I showed ambition!

theres no place for that as a Norwich fan! Tail between legs I’ll walk away 

The point is that it's been discussed to death. What's the point it being brought up AGAIN after every defeat?

12 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

I don’t think so! What part of my post is pathetic? It’s fact we have an ownership model that doesn’t allow the club to compete at the highest level! What’s pathetic is that you can’t see it, or refuse to believe it!

Until you accept the reality of our ownership model, you will keep banging on about this. We don’t have that model, so enjoy what the team can do with the resources that it does have. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

Until you accept the reality of our ownership model, you will keep banging on about this. We don’t have that model, so enjoy what the team can do with the resources that it does have. 

I had to learn the hard way and accept the status quo in the end.

19 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

I’ve absolutely rinsed you there mate

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’ve absolutely rinsed you there mate

Oh really! Obviously the limit of your debating skills is a one sentence pun! When you’re able to formulate a constructive counter argument to my initial point that I can’t rebuke, then you’ll have ‘rinsed me’

however as you probably don’t understand the majority of my previous statement, let’s just agree you’ve ‘rinsed me’

33 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

The point is that it's been discussed to death. What's the point it being brought up AGAIN after every defeat?

This statement shows the apathy! If you can’t change it don’t talk about it!

where would the world be today if people just gave up at the first obstacle?

clearly there’s no place for people of my ‘ilk’ on this fan forum! I’ll jog on now, wouldn’t want to be thought provoking, shudder the thought 

23 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

This statement shows the apathy! If you can’t change it don’t talk about it!

where would the world be today if people just gave up at the first obstacle?

clearly there’s no place for people of my ‘ilk’ on this fan forum! I’ll jog on now, wouldn’t want to be thought provoking, shudder the thought 

Are you on commission for exclamation marks or something? (!)

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Are you on commission for exclamation marks or something? (!)

Do you understand grammar? After a statement you use and exclamation mark!!!!!!!!

In the quote you copied there were two, in three paragraphs, hardly excessive use(I want to use an exclamation mark here but don’t want to offend your sensitivities)😜

5 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Do you understand grammar? After a statement you use and exclamation mark!!!!!!!!

In the quote you copied there were two, in three paragraphs, hardly excessive use(I want to use an exclamation mark here but don’t want to offend your sensitivities)😜

Actual LOLs (!)

Just now, Cliff the Canary said:

LOL? Guess it’s the first day of half term, enjoy your break

I’m 54. And not a teacher. 

7 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Well clearly if you use the vernacular of a teenager (Actual LOLs) I could be forgiven for assuming you are one

You’re just jealous because I is down with the kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Have a day off mate.

And another terrific one liner! I think you need a holiday my friend, this football thingy is all getting too much for you. 

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

And another terrific one liner! I think you need a holiday my friend, this football thingy is all getting too much for you. 

Do one 

• Haha 1