Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Fans that “sell” or “lend” their season tickets to away fans

Recommended Posts

Fully agree with this. If I saw an away fan I would be first to the stewards to have them ejected and would hope the city 'fan' who gave them the ticket got their season ticket taken away. Two in front of us got taken out on Saturday, which Norwich City fan wouldnt want to go to all the home games!? I know people have commitments but god sell it too a home fan or back to the club, these people are just profiting on it, dont worry though they wont renew their season tickets next year if we go down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Fully agree with this. If I saw an away fan I would be first to the stewards to have them ejected and would hope the city 'fan' who gave them the ticket got their season ticket taken away. Two in front of us got taken out on Saturday, which Norwich City fan wouldnt want to go to all the home games!? I know people have commitments but god sell it too a home fan or back to the club, these people are just profiting on it, dont worry though they wont renew their season tickets next year if we go down. 

Think you missed this one. City v Chelsea. City fan couldn’t go so let club have his ticket - they sold it...........to a Chelsea fan!! How do you know or tell when you are giving away your ticket or selling it whom that individual is supporting!

I am a die hard city fan, but have family in Liverpool....if one of them wanted to come along with me to the match (red or blue as they are both) and I give p/sell them a ticket that I have/own to come along with me am I wrong to do that?!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Sorry FTW, you need to look a few miles further North.

Couldn't possibly 'support' Norwich...........................😉🤣🤣

North Walsham fan? 🙂

Looks like promotion for both of us this season... 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, City 2nd said:

To be quite honest CC I have not suggested there is!

There are many thousands  of supporters who follow both sports.

And  a serious question to NN, “Just why do football grounds have to have clearly defined supporter areas”.? 

If its a rule in football, why is there a need for such a rule?

 

And CC you hit the nail on the head, ‘the mentality of some football fans will never change...........”

My post was not tongue in cheek. I go to away matches regularly with city with a mate. We both like to meet up with away supporters and enjoy a drink in a local pub. When I attend a rugby match I can always do that, I certainly cannot at a football match.

I guess they have to have clearly defined areas because that's what the police and local authorities tell them to do. 

We can't just ignore these things if we think they're wrong.

Maybe take it up with your mp or councillor. Or start a petition 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a kerfuffle in eblock because there were Liverpool fans in corporate area behind the glass. People got hurt through others trying to climb over them. To do what??

When my seat was there I remember a derby fan celebrating behind the glass and a short fused city fan trying to jump up and punch the glass. Trouble is whatever goes up must come down and every time he came back down he scraped his legs on the seat. He kept this up for quite some time... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

North Walsham fan? 🙂

Looks like promotion for both of us this season... 👍

Come on Walsh!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I've always found rugby fans to be very welcoming, and I've had a wonderful time supporting Harlequins and England both at home and abroad. In my experience, every time anybody has started being a d*ck, they're very quickly put in their place by the people around them. Can't beat drinking with opposing fans after the match, and often the players will come in and have a few beers with the fans too. Never a hint of trouble.

Incidentally, seeing as we've got a blank Saturday next week, why not pop down to Norwich Rugby Club? They're top of the league, and playing against Ipswich, who are third... should be a cracking atmosphere. Will happily grab a beer or two with any Pinkun posters who want to come and pledge their support to the egg chasers!

That’s a good shout, bit of competition from two six nations games but nothing like seeing it live, smelling the wintergreen and the blood😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I guess they have to have clearly defined areas because that's what the police and local authorities tell them to do. 

We can't just ignore these things if we think they're wrong.

Maybe take it up with your mp or councillor. Or start a petition 🙃

Exactly my point NN. Fans at football matches have to be segregated due to the constant threat of aggression/fighting etc etc, which we all know has lead to tragic circumstances in the past so many times, and undoubtedly will in the future. You do no see this at Rugby, supporters are a collective, as it should be.

That football supporter aggression is openly displayed on here within this post, but why? We are all football supporters! Football is meant to be a sport, watching or participating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Think you missed this one. City v Chelsea. City fan couldn’t go so let club have his ticket - they sold it...........to a Chelsea fan!! How do you know or tell when you are giving away your ticket or selling it whom that individual is supporting!

I am a die hard city fan, but have family in Liverpool....if one of them wanted to come along with me to the match (red or blue as they are both) and I give p/sell them a ticket that I have/own to come along with me am I wrong to do that?!

 

 

I think there are exceptions to the rule, and yes if you are taking a friend who supports the other team, you are with them and they dont celebrate the other teams goals etc I think this is acceptable. I think my point is more to people who just sold their tickets to Liverpool fans for money, I was told of someone who got £200 each for two tickets, this is purely just done to make money for themselves and I dont think this should be done, hard to stop and police I know but just doesnt seem morally right to me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Van wink said:

That’s a good shout, bit of competition from two six nations games but nothing like seeing it live, smelling the wintergreen and the blood😀

You'd only miss Italy v Scotland, and then you could watch Wales v France in the clubhouse afterwards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

North Walsham fan? 🙂

Looks like promotion for both of us this season... 👍

FTW and Crabby - Some of us support , and sponsor Bury Rugby Club lads. Very happy to stand you a beer when next in the area. You could both probably explain some of the rules to me too 😂

PS I get to wear my City scarf too ! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

I think there are exceptions to the rule, and yes if you are taking a friend who supports the other team, you are with them and they dont celebrate the other teams goals etc I think this is acceptable. I think my point is more to people who just sold their tickets to Liverpool fans for money, I was told of someone who got £200 each for two tickets, this is purely just done to make money for themselves and I dont think this should be done, hard to stop and police I know but just doesnt seem morally right to me. 

It also isn’t fair on the home fans around you , who have purchased tickets in the home end and don’t want the aggro that inevitably happens when a entitled tw4t stands up to celebrate. 
 

 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Exactly my point NN. Fans at football matches have to be segregated due to the constant threat of aggression/fighting etc etc, which we all know has lead to tragic circumstances in the past so many times, and undoubtedly will in the future. You do no see this at Rugby, supporters are a collective, as it should be.

That football supporter aggression is openly displayed on here within this post, but why? We are all football supporters! Football is meant to be a sport, watching or participating. 

There's a lot more injustice in the world than the segregation of fans. It's all caused by human failings. Aggression, greed, intolerance of others. Football has all those and more.

The rules are to protect others. Ideally they wouldn't need protecting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football Hooliganism is obviously something that needs to be addressed. Largely it has been. Through sensible acceptance of the issues and dealing with them. 
 

Rugby has never had those issues . Rugby has never had the grass roots reflection of social issues that Football has. The history of why Man Utd hate Liverpool or why Celtic hate Rangers go to the heart of the problem. 
 

Football is an easy access , working mans game. Unsurprisingly it reflects society and social issues much more than rugby. The thought of Bath and Exeter knocking 10 bells out of each other like Millwall and West Ham do is all about historical social grievances. Rugby still exists in a bubble . 
 

“Rugby is better than Football” is just a pompous , pointless , worthless opinion that doesn’t help at all. That I have been able to safely take my kids to more football games than my parents could is due to acceptance of the issues and finding practical remedy.  Years ago you got attacked getting off a bus wearing colours. Not anywhere near as much now.
 

Rugby has a fine cultural position regarding other fans and the ref etc, but there are very good reasons for this. Rugby is not a global sport for the masses. It is a sport born out of middle and upper class society with the control that that affords 

I expect you don’t get many punch ups at Polo matches either . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s fans of other clubs sitting in the home directors seats. I’d eject them 😀

Edited by JF
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JF said:

There’s fans of other clubs sitting in the home directors seats. I’d eject them 😀

But they sit in the away directors seats....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Well my mother in law is a season ticket holder for just this season but can no longer attend so somebody else goes on match days.On saturday we gave the ticket to a young 11 year old Liverpool supporter(?) who lives in Norway.Sorry if that upset you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Football Hooliganism is obviously something that needs to be addressed. Largely it has been. Through sensible acceptance of the issues and dealing with them. 
 

Rugby has never had those issues . Rugby has never had the grass roots reflection of social issues that Football has. The history of why Man Utd hate Liverpool or why Celtic hate Rangers go to the heart of the problem. 
 

Football is an easy access , working mans game. Unsurprisingly it reflects society and social issues much more than rugby. The thought of Bath and Exeter knocking 10 bells out of each other like Millwall and West Ham do is all about historical social grievances. Rugby still exists in a bubble . 
 

“Rugby is better than Football” is just a pompous , pointless , worthless opinion that doesn’t help at all. That I have been able to safely take my kids to more football games than my parents could is due to acceptance of the issues and finding practical remedy.  Years ago you got attacked getting off a bus wearing colours. Not anywhere near as much now.
 

Rugby has a fine cultural position regarding other fans and the ref etc, but there are very good reasons for this. Rugby is not a global sport for the masses. It is a sport born out of middle and upper class society with the control that that affords 

I expect you don’t get many punch ups at Polo matches either . 

Also, while they aren't brawling in the stands, boozed-up Rugby types are often extremely unpleasant individuals.

When I was at UEA the Rugby soc had a much worse reputation for causing issues than the football team. Same across most universities as far as I'm aware. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

But they sit in the away directors seats....

Nope. In the home ones. Man U fan sits in there every week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

FTW and Crabby - Some of us support , and sponsor Bury Rugby Club lads. Very happy to stand you a beer when next in the area. You could both probably explain some of the rules to me too 😂

PS I get to wear my City scarf too ! 

Ha ha yeh, same colours. Bury are having a fair season. Walsh won't catch you up just yet 😉 

Noted about the beer 👍 thanks. It will be reciprocated up in the north here also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JF said:

Nope. In the home ones. Man U fan sits in there every week

Oh right.....

So does a Leeds fan. 

Where else would they sit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Oh right.....

So does a Leeds fan. 

Where else would they sit?

Not my problem... get them out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JF said:

Not my problem... get them out 

Fair enough. 

I doubt they'll go though.

As you can see on another thread plenty wanted to get him out last season and a few are climbing back on that this season.

Just imagine if they'd had their way.....

Where's your seat JF?

I'm in "the blankets" BTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Fair enough. 

I doubt they'll go though.

As you can see on another thread plenty wanted to get him out last season and a few are climbing back on that this season.

Just imagine if they'd had their way.....

Where's your seat JF?

I'm in "the blankets" BTW.

Get who out? The person I’m referring to certainly isn’t a man!

i’ve a choice of four seats, triple leather sofa but it’s a bit far away from the telly so I tend to go for the closer material single seater with the slightly angled obstructed view 

Edited by JF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Think you missed this one. City v Chelsea. City fan couldn’t go so let club have his ticket - they sold it...........to a Chelsea fan!! How do you know or tell when you are giving away your ticket or selling it whom that individual is supporting!

I am a die hard city fan, but have family in Liverpool....if one of them wanted to come along with me to the match (red or blue as they are both) and I give p/sell them a ticket that I have/own to come along with me am I wrong to do that?!

 

 

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nutty nigel said:

The Leeds fan is

He’ll just have to be ejected when we play Leeds again then..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JF said:

He’ll just have to be ejected when we play Leeds again then..

Not necessarily.

If a car is driven the wrong way up a one-way-street, but isn't noticed because it somehow gives the appearance of going the other way, nobody would know the difference. 

Mind you that would be some feat! Far easier to be an away fan in a home seat.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first went to CR there was no segregation of fans and you stood wherever was available. No idea when the segregation started as only a few had season tickets and the majority paid at the gate. Think Man U were the first to cause real problems when they climbed on the Barclay roof. Sure someone will know answers to above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×