Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Fans that “sell” or “lend” their season tickets to away fans

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

Can we remove ‘Scrummage’ from OTBC? 

It’s scrimmage 

edit: what a scrimmage is I have no idea though!? 

Edited by JF

2 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Can we remove ‘Scrummage’ from OTBC? 

Probably. If you learn the words.🙃

I'm sure nice away fans sit in home areas. Just like nice people drive up one way streets.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

“The united fans expressed his confusion”

Absolutely 

>Brain

>Dead

This means the “United fan” isn’t really a fan. He/she doesn’t get it . They won’t go to Old Trafford more than twice a year. Good luck to them but they certainly are not a benchmark to use in this argument . 

ive sat in the occasional home end as an away fan - the most memorable being Colchester. I sat on my hands . Basked in the fun of it all and didn’t say a word. 

An experienced football fan would understand the emotion. If your side has just conceded and some numpty jumps up in front of you then they will antagonise the surrounding fans . All over the ground it says home fans only . It’s impossible not to know. 

it’s no good getting all pompous and sensible about it . SupportIng   a football team properly doesn’t involve sense or rational thought . Perfectly ordinary folk like me have no idea why we react like we do where football is involved. 

“I should be able to sit where I like” is just a sense of ill informed entitlement . Would any of us experienced fans believe we are entitled to sit in the home end at Portaloo wearing a Norwich shirt? Should we be allowed to? It is a free country after all? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

I was asked by some plastic  Liverpool fan from Fakenham if I was going to the game as he knew I had season tickets and wanted to buy mine.

I asked him if he could reasonably explain why he supported a team from the North West (bear in mind he has a strong Norfolk accent).

He could offer nothing, the only possible reason he might have come up with would be his Father or mother were from Merseyside and he had moved here without choice.

Suffice to say I would not entertain lending my tickets to any away fan. 

Why should anybody have to explain the reason that they support a team from anywhere? I was born in Watford and have lived in the area almost all my life but I support Norwich. Is that ok with you?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Why should anybody have to explain the reason that they support a team from anywhere? I was born in Watford and have lived in the area almost all my life but I support Norwich. Is that ok with you?

In the context, he was asking something of me, and in the context, he is a glory hunting plastic, and in the context still, I guess you could hardly be accused of such.

There, how about that??

13 hours ago, City 2nd said:

It’s called ‘a mans game’! And football supporters don’t get pissed!? I would suggest with all the anger and fighting displayed openly in this post that isn’t quite correct! Rugby supporters might get pissed but they don’t want to fight one another because of where another is sitting! Chill out.

Chill out? About what?  I’ve been to rugby matches and find them to be worse or as bad.  Certainly at the bigger games there’s plenty of tossers about.  It is not a football v rugby thing and you’re the one making it so.

Re: away/home fans in the wrong areas, I’ve been to tonnes of games as a ‘true’ neutral and as a Norwich fan in among the home areas, including at Ipswich more times than I care to remember; being a ‘distance’ supporter it is often easier to get tickets for home areas (we aren’t one of the big guys so aren’t often a huge “pull” for supporters of other sides).  I’ve never once had a problem as I know how to behave at a game, or rather, how not to behave to stop peeing people off.  It really doesn’t take a lot of thought to work out how other supporters might react.

Edited by Branston Pickle

47 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

In the context, he was asking something of me, and in the context, he is a glory hunting plastic, and in the context still, I guess you could hardly be accused of such.

There, how about that??

But a plastic wouldn’t even bother getting tickets would he?

50 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Chill out? About what?  I’ve been to rugby matches and find them to be worse or as bad.  Certainly at the bigger games there’s plenty of tossers about.  It is not a football v rugby thing and you’re the one making it so.

Re: away/home fans in the wrong areas, I’ve been to tonnes of games as a ‘true’ neutral and as a Norwich fan in among the home areas, including at Ipswich more times than I care to remember; being a ‘distance’ supporter it is often easier to get tickets for home areas (we aren’t one of the big guys so aren’t often a huge “pull” for supporters of other sides).  I’ve never once had a problem as I know how to behave at a game, or rather, how not to behave to stop peeing people off.  It really doesn’t take a lot of thought to work out how other supporters might react.

I've always found rugby fans to be very welcoming, and I've had a wonderful time supporting Harlequins and England both at home and abroad. In my experience, every time anybody has started being a d*ck, they're very quickly put in their place by the people around them. Can't beat drinking with opposing fans after the match, and often the players will come in and have a few beers with the fans too. Never a hint of trouble.

Incidentally, seeing as we've got a blank Saturday next week, why not pop down to Norwich Rugby Club? They're top of the league, and playing against Ipswich, who are third... should be a cracking atmosphere. Will happily grab a beer or two with any Pinkun posters who want to come and pledge their support to the egg chasers!

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

ive sat in the occasional home end as an away fan - the most memorable being Colchester. I sat on my hands . Basked in the fun of it all and didn’t say a word

Yep, I was there too, in the home end, I reckon we had a good couple of thousand ‘sitting on their hands’ that day, it’s still their record attendance. Several of our lot couldn’t contain themselves and got thrown out. Rightfully so. By the late stages of the game the only sport the home fans had was ‘outing’ Norwich fans and getting them ejected. By all means, if it is the only way to get tickets, I’d have no qualms in sitting in home areas, but would absolutely be respectful at all times. Wearing colours or outwardly celebrating goals is well out of order. Not that I’d aggressively ‘face up’ an away fan in such a scenario, but many others would and it is simply encouraging disorder for the sake of it.

• Like 3

The issue here is plastic, tourist fans getting hold of tickets.

they don’t attend football games and don’t know how to behave.

i know the seat number of the fan near me who was overtly supporting Liverpool all game and I don’t know whether to inform the club of the season ticket holder who gave him the ticket or have a word with the guy at the next match. Im no grass but I think this is a serious concern. The scuffle in e block looked pretty serious so whoever caused that buy giving the ticket to the Liverpool fan deserves banning.

Liverpool are a bit of a special case in that they, amazingly given their history, are always rushing turnstiles and sneaking into grounds without tickets all over the country. I seem to remember overcrowding with fans without tickets being an issue in the past but apparently we aren’t allowed to mention that. The authorities don’t do anything to stop it even though they know about it because Liverpool are untouchable.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

But a plastic wouldn’t even bother getting tickets would he?

No idea how a plastic behaves Mr Angry, but I suppose if the chance of a ticket is 20 miles away instead of 300, maybe?

48 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I've always found rugby fans to be very welcoming, and I've had a wonderful time supporting Harlequins and England both at home and abroad. In my experience, every time anybody has started being a d*ck, they're very quickly put in their place by the people around them. Can't beat drinking with opposing fans after the match, and often the players will come in and have a few beers with the fans too. Never a hint of trouble.

Incidentally, seeing as we've got a blank Saturday next week, why not pop down to Norwich Rugby Club? They're top of the league, and playing against Ipswich, who are third... should be a cracking atmosphere. Will happily grab a beer or two with any Pinkun posters who want to come and pledge their support to the egg chasers!

So in these Rugby stadiums do they have areas clearly defined for home and away fans? So they ignore the instructions clearly given?

In football home areas are for home fans and away areas are for away fans. To change that the rules would have to be changed. If a season ticket holder sells their home ticket to an away fan they are breaching those rules. 

I guess like with a lot of things in life, if you don't like the rules then try get them changed rather than defying them.

2 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

Scrimmage is AFL/NFL - do their fans mingle? Or is it mungle ? 

If there was ever a place to quit while you're behind it's right here Foxy🙃

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So in these Rugby stadiums do they have areas clearly defined for home and away fans? So they ignore the instructions clearly given?

In football home areas are for home fans and away areas are for away fans. To change that the rules would have to be changed. If a season ticket holder sells their home ticket to an away fan they are breaching those rules. 

I guess like with a lot of things in life, if you don't like the rules then try get them changed rather than defying them.

Rugby is largely unsegregated. Fans of both teams will happily intermingle, and no one is breaking any rules by doing so. You might have a designated away section, but it certainly wouldn't be separated by stewards. I'm not suggesting football should be like that, and I'm not in any way sticking up for people who sell their home ticket to away fans. Simply saying that I very much like the relative maturity of rugby fans compared to some of the groups of laddish morons who identify as football fans.

Oh, and I should add that if anyone does want to come and watch Norwich Rugby against Ipswich next Saturday, entry is free.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh, and I should add that if anyone does want to come and watch Norwich Rugby against Ipswich next Saturday, entry is free.

Not a bad shout. I’d actually welcome watching a game where you aren’t herded around and treated like animals.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Rugby is largely unsegregated. Fans of both teams will happily intermingle, and no one is breaking any rules by doing so. You might have a designated away section, but it certainly wouldn't be separated by stewards. I'm not suggesting football should be like that, and I'm not in any way sticking up for people who sell their home ticket to away fans. Simply saying that I very much like the relative maturity of rugby fans compared to some of the groups of laddish morons who identify as football fans.

Rugby is a more honest sport that starts on the pitch. Players On the whole don’t feign injuries or try and get the opposition sent off. 

Football could learn a lot on ethics all round from rugby.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Not a bad shout. I’d actually welcome watching a game where you aren’t herded around and treated like animals.

Cool - if you (or anyone else, for that matter) do decide to go, drop me a PM and we can meet for a beer.

Edited by Feedthewolf

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I get ya Wolfie.

But I'm not sure I want football to be like that. Football has always been more than watching a game. This is recognised by the authorities making clearly defined areas for home and away fans.

From a personal experience this season I had an Arsenal fan in the seat behind me when we had the incident with VAR, the penalty and the retake he was up cheering the goal. Contending with VAR and him was beyond me and I gave him some choice words. I felt a bit bad so apologised at halftime and we kissed and made up. However he was moved on because so many others had complained. This was in "the blankets" so was never going to be serious. Elsewhere things might have been different.

Those areas are defined for a reason. If you sell your season ticket on you are aware of that. 

👕
1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I get ya Wolfie.

But I'm not sure I want football to be like that. Football has always been more than watching a game. This is recognised by the authorities making clearly defined areas for home and away fans.

From a personal experience this season I had an Arsenal fan in the seat behind me when we had the incident with VAR, the penalty and the retake he was up cheering the goal. Contending with VAR and him was beyond me and I gave him some choice words. I felt a bit bad so apologised at halftime and we kissed and made up. However he was moved on because so many others had complained. This was in "the blankets" so was never going to be serious. Elsewhere things might have been different.

Those areas are defined for a reason. If you sell your season ticket on you are aware of that. 

Me either - I said exactly that in my previous post! There should definitely be zero tolerance for away fans in home areas.

• Like 1

The two or three near me were quiet throughout, but it was obvious they were Liverpool fans and it certainly affects the atmosphere when a few around you politely clap their goal but remain impassive when our effort is missed or scuffed. No idea how they got the tickets as it is all season tickets there. 

However, the fact they were in those seats when I and others know city supporters who couldn't get tickets, especially as a number pay the membership for them sticks in the throat and it is always the bigger 'glamorous' teams for obvious reasons. There is a good reason it's home fans only and I suspect if a city fan was seen supporting Norwich whilst in the Liverpool away end, he/she would not be too well received by those 'lovable scousers'

Anyone not going to that game could have sold their tickets to city fans many times over. Unlike some other grounds ours is sold out regularly and tickets are like gold dust.

And yes, I also enjoy rugby and cricket but we are talking about slightly different demographics here.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m not making it a football v rugby thing at all. What I am stating is that both are SPORTS events, why is there so much anger from football fans about who sits where? There are far far more serious events in life to worry about like the devastation caused by storm Ciara and Dennis and people forced out of their homes. I've only ever had one problem at one away game because I was wearing city colours. As I stated at the time to the gentleman concerned it’s a football match FFS what has what I’m wearing got to do with anything? I’ve  been to rugby matches and sat and stood with rival supporters, who have a drink, banter, and laugh and joke together, and I have never ever had any problem. Football needs to take a long hard look at its self made problems. And to get asked at a public house “are you a home or away supporter” is a complete joke. In I’m a football supporter and a customer!! 

• Like 1

This covers , as Nutty says, the rules in football, and they are the things that need changing. Nevertheless, even if they were to change, then I fear the mentality of some football fans will never change beyond a neanderthal outlook on their team and fellow/opposition fans. 

There isn't a separate/additional chromosome that makes football fans different to rugby fans.

2 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

This covers , as Nutty says, the rules in football, and they are the things that need changing. Nevertheless, even if they were to change, then I fear the mentality of some football fans will never change beyond a neanderthal outlook on their team and fellow/opposition fans. 

There isn't a separate/additional chromosome that makes football fans different to rugby fans.

To be quite honest CC I have not suggested there is!

There are many thousands  of supporters who follow both sports.

And  a serious question to NN, “Just why do football grounds have to have clearly defined supporter areas”.? 

If its a rule in football, why is there a need for such a rule?

And CC you hit the nail on the head, ‘the mentality of some football fans will never change...........”

My post was not tongue in cheek. I go to away matches regularly with city with a mate. We both like to meet up with away supporters and enjoy a drink in a local pub. When I attend a rugby match I can always do that, I certainly cannot at a football match.

City 2nd, I wasn't replying to your post. I actually thought you were spot on. It was a general reply to the football fan vs rugby fan. I am a big rugby fan and laugh at some of the differences between some fans of the two sports

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Cool - if you (or anyone else, for that matter) do decide to go, drop me a PM and we can meet for a beer.

Sorry FTW, you need to look a few miles further North.

Couldn't possibly 'support' Norwich...........................😉🤣🤣

• Thanks 1