Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

One team makes tactical subs

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

give over. That was a great performance against the best side in the country!! 

Yes it was. But their goal was coming and we done nothing to try to stop that. Buendea should have been on before their goal

All we will hear now is we played well, getting fed up hearing it why oh why yet again subs 9 minutes from end

A bit harsh but he could have taken Rukk, Duda and McLean off as far as I am concerned, they didn't really contribute anything. I feel sorry for Vrancic and Buendia as they both should have started. 

One team is Liverpool where each player is worth more than our entire team.

One team is now 25 points clear of the rest of the league 

and the other team played well, gave their all, didn’t disgrace themselves and worried one of the best sides the PL will ever see

6 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

and the other team lost

Bore off. We just about got beat by the best team in the world who have won every game bar one this season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JF said:

Yes it was. But their goal was coming and we done nothing to try to stop that. Buendea should have been on before their goal

That’s far too easy to say in hindsight. 
We were holding them

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

We were holding them

Yep and Buendia gave the ball away 3 times in 10 mins. Had he done it 6 times in 20 I doubt we would even have had the opportunity to get back into the game. 

• Like 2

After holding them and chasing them around for 60mins some players needed to come on to freshen up the legs. 

Great performance overall and we should take that into the next game with our heads held high! And put in another great performance against another top team. 

OTBC 💚💛

Forget a tactical sub, I simply want fresh legs to run up and down the pitch. They were absolutely gassed from the performance they put in. They deserve to get some help from their teammates who have a full tank of gas ready to go and preserve the point. I can't help but be proud of the effort, but I fear this will only solidify Farke's insistence to not get subs on when needed.

• Like 4

Farke relies too heavily on his starting 11. Great performance but in 2xseasons he hasnt learnt how to use subs to help a game or change it

• Like 1

Spurs and now liverpool have ahown subs change games into winning situations. Doesnt always work but we never give ours a proper run at the game

• Like 1

The thing is, Farke was never going to change anything unless Liverpool scored.

Despite some weary legs, he had no intention of making subs until he was forced to.

The 2 subs that came on were not even ready to come on and it took 4 minutes for them to make it on the pitch.

Four minutes might not be much but when you've got only 10 minutes left, 4 minutes is almost half the time gone before the subs got into action.

And then to expect them to be up to speed and making crucial passes in the 6 minutes that remained after siting on their backsides for 80 minutes is a big ask.

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

We were holding them

Not really I was saying it before the goal. We were under the cosh and giving them nothing to worry about 

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well the substitutions were made and were frankly not any good. How Vrancic can't get on the pitch I don't know. 

Good player when we have the ball as he has a touch of class. When we don't he leaves acres of space to be exploited as he goes chasing it. I wouldn't put him on against Liverpool.

42 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

give over. That was a great performance against the best side in the country!! 

It was not a “great” performance, it was a good performance against a top side in what were very very difficult conditions for both teams.

• Like 1

Final ball was poor at times and again pukki should have scored but they did give a good performance such a shame will not be here next season 

Staggering how some people seem to watch the game with their eyes firmly shut. We had by far our best period of the game  for the ten minutes before Liverpool scored. We weren't   looking tired at that point and for the first time in the game we weren't looking under pressure. Why would we have wanted to bring on a sub at that point?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Why would we have wanted to bring on a sub at that point?  

Maybe to try and win the game. 

We might have had our best period before Liverpool scored, although that is debatable, but during that period we never really looked like creating any good chances